No DR Allowed

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This job, as you found out during your 30 days on road, requires a certain amount of confidence. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. At times that line is blurred.
True confidence is closer to humility than arrogance. "Humility" is the ability to remain teachable, and to be open-minded to the idea that one might be wrong about something. True confidence is the point where one can set one's ego aside and admit that they still might not have all the answers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We don't have any access points.
I happen to be driving by a few days ago and saw a sign in a mini mart window, and this wasnt circle k or 7-11 but "run down, Im afraid to go inside mini mart"...lol I almost didnt see the ups sign between the 30 different advertisements in the windows for cigarettes, chew, and mexician phone cards...I was actually a little surprise with that. I wouldnt have gone in there for a package thats for sure.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This job, as you found out during your 30 days on road, requires a certain amount of confidence. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance. At times that line is blurred.
I guess you are the chuck norris of package delivery...Dave doesnt pick up the package, the packages come crawling to him.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I'll tell you what would make Access Points a heck of a lot better for the customer. Letting us deliver packages to the access points on Saturday. Give people an opportunity to pick up packages when they aren't working.

AP is eliminating jobs!
We haven't had any issues with the union. They're just trying to keep the cost per piece down. I think the air drivers wouldn't mind a little pay bump for 3 bulk stops, 1 of which they were already going to.[/QUOTE

This is a change of operations...

35years

Gravy route
Was anything I said incorrect? Or do you believe drivers should falsify records instead of having send agains? If there is a problem with that address wait for UPS to correct it. Or do you believe otherwise?
You were the first one to provide the solution to the problem this new software upgrade is creating. Tricking the system, falsely entering signed delivery notice and/or classifying stops incorrectly (as others have suggested) can be construed as falsification and should be avoided at all costs. If the system now requires a signature for a resi or a border line/debatable commercial that has always been DRed in the past...so be it. More send-agains are the result until they fix the software.

Why do you even respond to Dave and his comments about retirees? He had no problem posting about ORION before he had any experience with it. Your advice is spot on and is informed by years of experience along with common sense.

35years

Gravy route
We haven't had any issues with the union. They're just trying to keep the cost per piece down. I think the air drivers wouldn't mind a little pay bump for 3 bulk stops, 1 of which they were already going to.
If the DM ran with your proposal the air drivers would soon be making regular driver pay for all work completed (abiding by contract language), increasing cost per piece. More and more you are posting suggestions that violate not only the contract but also company policies (remember you were publicly warned on this forum by a manager?)