No driver input......no driver participation

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My helper was a preloader who did such a good job during Peak that they asked if he wanted to become a driver. He was in the middle of his 30 days when he had an accident and was DQ'd. The on-cars told me that he had the DIAD down cold and his delivery methods were solid----he just had a really hard time backing the PC up, especially square to a loading dock. My center manager is hoping to get him back as a driver for Peak but if that doesn't work he will be my helper again this year.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Doesn't matter what they do, they will still find a way to :censored2: up peak. Like I say all the time, THESE IDIOTS COULD SCREW UP A WET DREAM lmfao. Im not sweating it. Just know I have to be punched out by 10pm every night max and if it all gets delivered then that's cool and if I have to bring stuff back that didn't get serviced, oh well SORRY BOUT YOUR LUCK CHUCK lmfao.

ManInBrown

It always amazes me now that peak is approaching and considering last year's disaster, that management has zero interest in driver's insight or
opinions on how to better get thru peak.

Is it arrogance or stupidity that prevents them from asking our thoughts,
especially the senior drivers.

Well, if we go down in flames it's on them.

It's their job to think. I'm not interested in giving input. I'm a truck driver. They are a plan maker. WAD.

By The Book

It's their job to think. I'm not interested in giving input. I'm a truck driver. They are a plan maker. WAD.
I used to offer suggestions to be more efficient so guys aren't driving past you to do stops you go by later, and to micromanage how they load my truck. I came to realize that I have a job and its to drive the truck and take care of the customers. Their job is to do all the other stuff, including all the things I was doing that was adding stress that now that I backed off they get to figure out. I just try to do Orion and stay to the 85%, and stay out of the dispatchers office. I did ask my supervisor to do a few things with my Orion to reduce a few miles and he won't so I've stopped asking.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I loved being a helper. It can be fun. Like anything it is what you make it.
+1
I loved those rare occasions when they would double us up, always volunteered to be the jumper and let the other guy drive and set up. Just turn your brain off and run stops for top pay, easiest money in the world.