No DR's allowed--new thread--on topic please

jaker

trolling
Part of it is preventing seasonals from DRing places they aren't supposed to. There is a reason they did it now.

There doesn't need to be an emergency backdoor. Write a note for the dispatcher and let him/her fix it.

Why would we hire a billing clerk to go through every address in an area when we have drivers who go there at least once a week? Is it really taking that much out of your day to click 1 or 2 on the DIAD?
And you say you are not corporate

I haven't notice anything yet so maybe it hasn't made its way to the west yet

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Interesting. We had an issue over the summer where someone didn't DR a church because nobody was there, and it was a crap storm because the customer said it was the final straw. Lost a big account over it apparently. Now they tell us, make sure guys DR it every time.
Was it shipper release? Lots of church stuff comes shipper release.

Last edited:

jaker

trolling
And yet, I'm not.

You do understand there is a difference between corporate and local management, right?
Nope , people from up above don't send me emails your insurance is the same as corporate and I can't run a hub or tell other workers what to do so you know where this is going

But hey if it makes you feel better to not call yourself that then that's up to you but don't let someone from corporate see you saying that

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Nope , people from up above don't send me emails your insurance is the same as corporate and I can't run a hub or tell other workers what to do so you know where this is going

But hey if it makes you feel better to not call yourself that then that's up to you but don't let someone from corporate see you saying that
Okay kiddo

nocturnalbuck

I'm a cover driver and had several of these last week over several routes. I assumed they had filed a claim to get this flag. I implied that it was their fault and told them to call 1800pickups to fix it. of course i said it nicely, but wow, would have been nice to know.

Rainman

Its all good.
Interesting. We had an issue over the summer where someone didn't DR a church because nobody was there, and it was a crap storm because the customer said it was the final straw. Lost a big account over it apparently. Now they tell us, make sure guys DR it every time.
Things are done differently in different areas of the country. I don't know why that is, but I've seen it many times since joining BC.
I have a rural route and I have a church where no one is ever in. I DR there but I know it's my butt if the package goes missing. I know where to indirect the other churches.
It's almost like we work for different companies sometimes.

chris9834

They are having us do this in my area. So far this is the 1st one i have had to do. They are saying its because if we dr a business it charges a residential surcharge fee or something. The surcharge may be one of their reasons but i also think they are just trying to have us build intel for them to catch people sheeting up stops as resi to avoid a late saver as well.

Attachments

• 1447648092916.jpg
    1447648092916.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 197

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
What about a Buddhist temple? In a questionable neighborhood?

Hypothetically, of course.
If it's a questionable neighborhood I'd tell you to get a signature.

I say this because here is the issue. In my neck of the woods, there aren't really any neighborhoods I'd call questionable or sketchy. Are there areas that aren't favorable? Of course. But none bad enough to where I'd be concerned DRing anything. In that situation if I heard something from the DM about it I'd back the driver up for not driver releasing because it's a good not in.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Things are done differently in different areas of the country. I don't know why that is, but I've seen it many times since joining BC.
I have a rural route and I have a church where no one is ever in. I DR there but I know it's my butt if the package goes missing. I know where to indirect the other churches.
It's almost like we work for different companies sometimes.
We have a lot of rural routes, so coming back with a church send again is rare. We're a lot more trusting of people in this area compared to many.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Deliveries go on a table in the entry way by the rectory. They had signed delivery notices just in case.
In case of what?

You said you had been Driver Releasing the stops for the church. If that is the case, then why would there also be a stack of Delivery Notices there?

soberups

I remember quite a few residential stops flagging no dr last week. Definitely a inconvenience as I brought in quite a few more send against than usual. I did over ride one of them because the customer was an elderly lady trying to keep her dog inside. She asked if I could just leave them on the front porch. I had to dr each package individually
How did you "override" them? I could not find a way. I tried stop-completing them as NI1, filling out the questionnaire to reflect residential, and then re-attempting. No luck. I tried adding an "A" to the address in order to trick EDD. No luck. I tried misspelling the name of the street in order to fool it. No luck. The only way I can think of to defeat it would be to falsely enter a Signed Delivery Notice that didn't actually exist. Not happening.

soberups

Part of it is preventing seasonals from DRing places they aren't supposed to. There is a reason they did it now.

There doesn't need to be an emergency backdoor. Write a note for the dispatcher and let him/her fix it.

Why would we hire a billing clerk to go through every address in an area when we have drivers who go there at least once a week? Is it really taking that much out of your day to click 1 or 2 on the DIAD?
Its taking a LOT of time out of my day to be forced to try and obtain signatures for packages instead of releasing them. Its taking a LOT of time to drive 4 miles back to a stop because I didn't realize I couldn't DR it (no tone, no prompt, nothing in EDD) until after I had already left. Its taking a LOT of time to rehandle 9 irregs that I hauled to the door on the mistaken assumption that I could DR them like I had been doing for the last 15 years at that residential address.

We aren't talking about businesses. We are talking about houses, out in the middle of nowhere, that are clearly residential deliveries per UPS methods. If we aren't going to DR them anymore, then at least some advance warning would be nice so that the customers could switch to FedEx in order to continue receiving their deliveries.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We aren't talking about businesses. We are talking about houses, out in the middle of nowhere, that are clearly residential deliveries per UPS methods. If we aren't going to DR them anymore, then at least some advance warning would be nice so that the customers could switch to FedEx in order to continue receiving their deliveries.
Ever think of talking to your On Car about the issues instead of complaining on an internet forum?

soberups

So if you scan the box, go back up to the address and hit override. .it still won't override?

Generally I can override anything this way, just highlight the street name then hit override once the cursor moves over all is good.

Well, it's like when a new DIAD comes out. Very little if any driver input.....they just throw it at us.

If that's how they want to do this then so be it. One day they will understand that we are using these tools not a small group of people in a room with no windows.
You are describing the "override" process for forcing the DIAD to accept an address that is not in the loop it has been programmed with. It thinks the address you are entering is invalid, or out of range, when it isn't.
What I am describing is the DIAD arbitrarily denying us the ability to Driver Release a given address. There is no way to override it or force it to accept the DR that I have been able to find.