"No family life" with UPS

Savvy412

I'm always amazed how there can be so many adults not working. 93,000,000 US adults don't work in fact (out of 245 million). Many are retired but many are not. Drives me crazy too trying to get around and the traffic never stops. Feels like NO one is working in the middle of a weekday. Amazingly too, there out in nice cars shopping and spending money coming from somewhere.

If you factor in.

Day off (works weekends)?
Night shift
Sick/personal day
Called off
Just got off work
Sent home early from work
Injured
Vacation
Uber/taxies
Retired
Laid off
On lunch
Unemployed
On road because of job (police , ambulance , delivery ,food delivery ,firefighters , construction , plummers,Hvac,electricians ,sales , school busses ect

It makes sense. It's not a bunch of unemployed people on the road .i work tue-sat.. so Monday when I'm out, I'm "one of them "

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2017-9-20_7-32-50.png

CoryAndTrevor

Yo, that's what the union is for, right? If it's a big enough deal that enough drivers want to bitch about it, it will get resolved in the new contract. If not, then it won't. Am I wrong?

Tiereffinthree

Yo, that's what the union is for, right? If it's a big enough deal that enough drivers want to bitch about it, it will get resolved in the new contract. If not, then it won't. Am I wrong?

Meh..unfortunately "union" implies a sense of brotherhood and unity which is sadly lacking in the UPS culture. The clock milkers and glutton for punishment types will throw a b.tch fit if we mess with one second of their precious OT. The runner/gunner types and pushovers are hardly ever the union-involved types. All they do is set ridiculous "numbers" standards for the management :censored2:-canoes to point at.

Most drivers these days sadly fall into one of these two groups. The sane people who just want to get 8-9 hours of fair work in then go home to a life/family are too few and far between. The only positive is less and less of us want anything to do with the whole package car fiasco. Maybe when they realize they can't fill drivers seats to get the ever increasing, ludicrous volume out, it will dawn on some of the corporate shot callers that things need to change. I'll happily move cardboard in the hub all day. But I'll never wear the doo-doo browns ever again. Off that noise.

Cool user name though BTW. Love that show! "Randy...I AM the liquor."