"No family life" with UPS

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Wait last post quote " you know this job IS going to be hard as hell" . Start looking for a new job now. All that arrogant self reassurance your doing will fail. I promise

hellfire

Hellfire, I noticed you disagreed with only the posts about taking personal responsibility. You don't agree with taking personal responsibility for your life? Nobody forces you to do anything dude.

I'm a hard worker, just like you. I'm a little older but have a lot of grit and I don't take :censored2: too personally.
I feel like I have a leg up on 80% of the new hires off the street. So many millennials. I was raised to work hard, not expect anything, not be entitled to anything, respect my superiors. I was the only guy to show up for the interview in a suit, and I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot more :censored2: in the world than a lot of the population, and I don't let it destroy my attitude. I personally think I'll do fine, but who knows? Maybe you're right. I'm gonna do my damnedest to make sure I succeed.

I'm actually going to change my name to Dumbo...I like it and my kids love the movie. Big Disney family over here.
I'm married 25 years, put a kid through college and paid ALL expenses.. own my home and have worked for the same company for 30 years. Go on and tell me about personal responsibility

Dumbo

Wait last post quote " you know this job IS going to be hard as hell" . Start looking for a new job now. All that arrogant self reassurance your doing will fail. I promise

I have confidence that I have enough of what it takes. I like to work hard. I admit I can he arrogant, but I try to balance the arrogance with confidence and humility. I can admit when I'm a jackass, and I admit my mistakes. Its what allowed me to start a business from the ground up in my spare time, become a staple in the community, and then sell it for a years worth of your salary.

Last edited:

Dumbo

I'm married 25 years, put a kid through college and paid ALL expenses.. own my home and have worked for the same company for 30 years. Go on and tell me about personal responsibility

Good on you, sir. How many times in your life did people tell you that you would fail? Let it roll of man, don't get too upset.

By the way I actually have respect for you from your last post. That is a great feat. I've been married for 12 years and have 3 young kids. I have total respect for anybody who can stay in a hard career for 30 years, have a 25 year marriage and raise kids. We probably have a little more in common than you think .

hellfire

Here is the reality of this easy money job. You will work at a pace that few people even understand, you will have every reverse, every seatbelt click every bulkhead door , Orion trace compliance, EVERY MOVE you make will be micro managed in a attempt to make you work unsafe to achieve unrealistic metrics. Your body will break down over time and, despite never being around your family you will still bring your misery home enough for them to catch on. I don't recommend this job to my friends or family anymore, but it seems by your extensive life experience it's all attitude. You better be willing to give up a lot to make it here

Dumbo

Here is the reality of this easy money job. You will work at a pace that few people even understand, you will have every reverse, every seatbelt click every bulkhead door , Orion trace compliance, EVERY MOVE you make will be micro managed in a attempt to make you work unsafe to achieve unrealistic metrics. Your body will break down over time and, despite never being around your family you will still bring your misery home enough for them to catch on. I don't recommend this job to my friends or family anymore, but it seems by your extensive life experience it's all attitude. You better be willing to give up a lot to make it here

Yeah we were told about all the telemetrics they do and it does sound ridiculous, but I'm used to that. I've been working for the last 15 years at a job where I needed a high security clearance, every move you made was on camera, and I was micromanaged a lot. I just assume that everything I do is always watched. But I agree. I know this job will have challenges I can't imagine, and I know it's going to be frustrating, but I don't give up and I am very dedicated to something once I set it in my mind. I'm worried about the impact on family life, which I why I made thread. I'm trying to get a bearing on how this job compares to other shift work, blue collar jobs when it comes to family time. That's the biggest fear I have, actually. My family means everything to me, but right now I :censored2:ty insurance...we need the insurance. I want the financial security. It's a risk after much weighing with my wife we decided to take.

Last edited:

Dumbo

Well it's true and I mentioned it because of the insinuation that I must not have what it takes. Starting my business was one of the biggest risks i have ever taken, and there was a ton of stress. It took a ton of family time, a ton of grit and hard work, non stop stress, and more, but I made it work and I succeeded with people telling me I wouldn't. That's why I mentioned it.

hellfire

Your all over the place, pick your battles, if your willing to give up a normal quality of life and sacrifice your body to take care of your family then you will make it, just don't expect us long time employees to sugarcoat it . Good luck

tourists24

Your all over the place, pick your battles, if your willing to give up a normal quality of life and sacrifice your body to take care of your family then you will make it, just don't expect us long time employees to sugarcoat it . Good luck
Give em wisdom. What they do with it is up to them. I call it the "yeah but" syndrome, and I just shut up after that

It's a ball busting job bit it sure beats working two jobs to make ends meet. At least I made enough money to have a stay at home wife while our kids were growing up

hellfire

It's a ball busting job bit it sure beats working two jobs to make ends meet. At least I made enough money to have a stay at home wife while our kids were growing up
Yes me too, my child never had to do daycare. The job has some positives .. but man it's getting harder to notice them now

Dumbo

That's my thing...my wife is a stay at home mom and it's really important for us for our kids to be raised at home, not by day care. I'll do whatever it takes for my kids to have a good life.

They more places you go in feeders and different locals you talk to, you start to realize everything is different everywhere. Maybe that's why this company is weird to work for, bc nothing is the same, anywhere.
Some places have different age requirements others have different payouts and some don't even offer retire health insurance