"No family life" with UPS

The Driver

I drive.
That is something my wife and I discussed. Why not start delivering at 7am? If it's because businesses aren't open then start with residentials first. I know I'd rather get my package at 8am than 8pm.

Somebody should tell UPS "Early to bed, early to rise, make a man healthy, wealthy, and wise".

One problem with getting residentials started first at 0700 is all the commercial bulk that's in your way. How long did you say you've been a driver?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
One problem with getting residentials started first at 0700 is all the commercial bulk that's in your way. How long did you say you've been a driver?
And yet dispatch doesn't think twice about loading the 1K and 2K shelves with nothing but Resi's

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
The difference between a lot of jobs and UPS is the start time. It's not the long hours, it's the selection of hours. It would be great to for 10-11 hour days if we started at 7 every day. We could be home for dinner etc. Also other jobs (especially office) are flexible. If you have a dentist appointment you can leave and then come back to work. We don't have that option. Even making ohone calls to your bank or cable company is near impossible. Trying to drop your car off at the mechanic is difficult....all these everyday tasks become impossible because of this job. That is what :censored2: people off. Hell I haven't been able to cut my grass in two weeks. Get home and it's almost dark and it rained all last weekend. Am I going to use a sick day to cut my grass? No

Simple, I do it on my day off, Sunday... as for having a Tuesday to Saturday workweek, I handle the other stuff on Monday.

To the OP, they get on the 9-5 list & when management fails, cha ching! Plus OT and other bennies make brownies better option than team eggplant.

I'm currently in a rural route & unless i hammer down, I'll be maxing my DOT hours to 70 a week. Right now, I'm average at 55-60 with ideal weather

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Anyone know why UPS's network is so far behind FedEx's time table for getting their package cars out on the road early in the morning? Yes I know part of it is we do air and ground together and they separate but it seems Express is out early in the AM too. In the AM we aren't just waiting for air as ground work is being preloaded until 9:30 many mornings.

It's all depending on the local area... airs are more important because if they fail on the time commits, refund!

I'm thinking that's why they keep airmail opco and ground ops separate at the eggplant division

muthatrucka

The difference between a lot of jobs and UPS is the start time. It's not the long hours, it's the selection of hours. It would be great to for 10-11 hour days if we started at 7 every day. We could be home for dinner etc. Also other jobs (especially office) are flexible. If you have a dentist appointment you can leave and then come back to work. We don't have that option. Even making ohone calls to your bank or cable company is near impossible. Trying to drop your car off at the mechanic is difficult....all these everyday tasks become impossible because of this job. That is what :censored2: people off. Hell I haven't been able to cut my grass in two weeks. Get home and it's almost dark and it rained all last weekend. Am I going to use a sick day to cut my grass? No
That's just delivery. Feeders, we don't have that problem, assuming u have a decent number of feeder jobs in your building.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah I was a little harsh but I can't edit it now. Had a few beers last night when I typed that. I'm guessing I touched a nerve which is why he called me a "snowflake" lol. I get it....newbie greenhorn guy calling out browncafe veteran. Naughty of me. I expected the pile on of supporters coming swiftly to his defense.

No I called you a snowflake because that's what you act like

oldngray

nowhere special
No I called you a snowflake because that's what you act like
dumbo-g.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Well it's true and I mentioned it because of the insinuation that I must not have what it takes. Starting my business was one of the biggest risks i have ever taken, and there was a ton of stress. It took a ton of family time, a ton of grit and hard work, non stop stress, and more, but I made it work and I succeeded with people telling me I wouldn't. That's why I mentioned it.

Your wasting precious time here telling us what an exceptional employee your going to be

Time you should be spending learning acronyms and other
useless BS

But, hey sounds to me like you've got it all figured out

Carry on with your badself

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That is something my wife and I discussed. Why not start delivering at 7am? If it's because businesses aren't open then start with residentials first. I know I'd rather get my package at 8am than 8pm.

Somebody should tell UPS "Early to bed, early to rise, make a man healthy, wealthy, and wise".
Why do you think they want to start so late? I'm so used to 6am start times at my old job that 9am seems really late. You would think they would want to start early and get a head start on the deliveries.

Once again absolutely no clue

You are in for the shock of your life if you start trying to make sense of why they do what they do

Dumbo

Once again absolutely no clue

You are in for the shock of your life if you start trying to make sense of why they do what they do

You are correct. That's what it means to be new. It means that person has no clue.

Want to talk about wasting time on here? How many thousands of posts have you made on here over the years? Spending all that free time outside your horrible cancer of a job that UPS forced you at gun point to show up to every day posting on a site about the same job you hate so much. All that thousands of worthless posts you could have spent time with family and friends and enriched your life. Everything and all the money you raked in over the years was provided by them based off your decision to continue to work for them all those years. Yet I'm a snowflake? I don't bitch about my job. I'm on here to gain insight as I'm changing careers. I no longer felt content in my old career so I manned up and changed it, not bitched for another 10 years about it.

You have classic 1st world privilege. Do you have any idea how many 100s of thousands of people could not only do your job, but do it with a smile on their face and grateful for penny they earn? They would do it for a fraction of what you have made with UPS. That sort of privilege is rank and foul in this country and rampant across multiple generations. But yeah, I'm the snowflake because Im actually trying to compare professions by using hard working blue collar jobs and literally saying over and over that I expect a hard road in front of me. I'm a snowflake just because I called you out for being an :censored2:. Maybe you should figure out what it means to be a snowflake before you call it to someone, because you appear to be the only snowflake here, bitching about your same job for years and years and years and years and never having the balls to change or appreciate it. That's a snowflake.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You are correct. That's what it means to be new. It means that person has no clue.

Want to talk about wasting time on here? How many thousands of posts have you made on here over the years? Spending all that free time outside your horrible cancer of a job that UPS forced you at gun point to show up to every day posting on a site about the same job you hate so much. All that thousands of worthless posts you could have spent time with family and friends and enriched your life. Everything and all the money you raked in over the years was provided by them based off your decision to continue to work for them all those years. Yet I'm a snowflake? I don't bitch about my job. I'm on here to gain insight as I'm changing careers. I no longer felt content in my old career so I manned up and changed it, not bitched for another 10 years about it.

You have classic 1st world privilege. Do you have any idea how many 100s of thousands of people could not only do your job, but do it with a smile on their face and grateful for penny they earn? They would do it for a fraction of what you have made with UPS. That sort of privilege is rank and foul in this country and rampant across multiple generations. But yeah, I'm the snowflake because Im actually trying to compare professions by using hard working blue collar jobs and literally saying over and over that I expect a hard road in front of me. I'm a snowflake just because I called you out for being an :censored2:. Maybe you should figure out what it means to be a snowflake before you call it to someone, because you appear to be the only snowflake here, bitching about your same job for years and years and years and years and never having the balls to change or appreciate it. That's as snowflake.

TLDR

Sorry Chief I did 33 years been retired for almost 4
All I've got is time

I've seen this place go from leaving at 8:15 and not hearing a word out of anybody all day long

Too being micromanaged and nit picked to death

Come at me bro

This will be fun!!!

Dumbo

Bottom line you joined in 2005 and have thousands and thousands of posts. You have been retired for 4 of those years.

This is just a fact that you have wasted tons of you life on this site complaining which validates my point. Man up and change it if you don't like it.

You just can't stand to face facts so you just hurl insults around at everybody on here. Get a life and enjoy your retirement. Have you ever gone more than 6 hours not making some jackass comment on here?

Dumbo

You literally just cant walk away from UPS. They have you by the balls even in retirement...4years later. That's another fact. It's such a huge part of your life still and it's ALL negative from what I can see.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You literally just cant walk away from UPS. They have you by the balls even in retirement...4years later. That's another fact. It's such a huge part of your life still and it's ALL negative from what I can see.

Mostly I like screwing with know it alls like you

My work is done here

If you have any more questions or need advice hit me up

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Bottom line you joined in 2005 and have thousands and thousands of posts. You have been retired for 4 of those years.

This is just a fact that you have wasted tons of you life on this site complaining which validates my point. Man up and change it if you don't like it.

You just can't stand to face facts so you just hurl insults around at everybody on here. Get a life and enjoy your retirement. Have you ever gone more than 6 hours not making some jackass comment on here?

So, your a stalker also

Good to know

Dumbo

Ah, maroon it's on your profile when you click on your name...a far cry from a "stalker". Learn what that means also before you call it to somebody. Now look who's running away. I thought you said to come at you? Can't handle the truth can you, snowflake. Did Dumbo come take your safe space away?

Oh and by the way. I'm the opposite of a know it all. I literally came on here to ask for advice and guidance. That's literally the opposite of a know it all. Please find me one post where I claim to have any knowledge of UPS. I'm waiting.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Ah, maroon it's on your profile when you click on your name...a far cry from a "stalker". Learn what that means also before you call it to somebody. Now look who's running away. I thought you said to come at you? Can't handle the truth can you, snowflake.

Oh and by the way. I'm the opposite of a know it all. I literally came on here to ask for advice and guidance. That's literally the opposite of a know it all.

Iam just sitting here at the beach watching football we can do this for awhile longer

Going to dinner at the Acme oyster company later
So whatever advice your looking for chop chop
Don't have all day