No Holiday

if you work Tuesday through Sat for UPS. You will not be getting a holiday in my hub. You’re being forced to work Tues. UPS brags about you’ll get holiday pay and work pay for that day. Yes UPS $50.00 is a real life changer.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
if xmas or new years or the 4th of July lands on a Saturday or Sunday and your a mon-fri guy than you either get a day off the previous or following week or you get double time (might only be time and a half in some locals) plus 8 for a chosen day you would have taken off for working on a holiday. there not gonna screw tue-sat guys outa memorial day and labor day. im sure you could choose a different day off if you dont want the holiday pay instead.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It is what it is, there are times when it's beneficial to be a Tues-Sat guy. For instance this last Saturday they forced 5 low senority Mon-Fri guys in to help with the air, we didn't have a forced 6th punch even though we are lower in senority. It works both ways, Memorial Day week is just another week with an extra 8 hours straight time on it.

Indecisi0n

I love when they need to beg guys to come in and work holidays. When you are paying a guy $100 an hour and can't get people to come in that says something . Lol.

MattM

Is this new supplemental language?

Around my parts as a tues-sat. worker, if a holiday falls on a Monday, that Saturday is considered a 6th working day. As long as you punch in every day, it's been that way for years. It's been sort of a secret I guess you can say.

But it's only for Monday holidays. If a holiday falls on a Sunday or during the work week, it doesn't give you anything extra.

Some guys were thinking it's been a glitch for years so no.ones really brought it up.

An interesting thing is, if you use that Tuesday as an option or personal day, that following Saturday doesn't trigger as a 6th working day.

So for the past few years, there only been two guaranteed Saturdays for 1.5 pay, memorial day and labor day. July 4th 2016 was another day to our advantage

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Is this new supplemental language?

Around my parts as a tues-sat. worker, if a holiday falls on a Monday, that Saturday is considered a 6th working day. As long as you punch in every day, it's been that way for years. It's been sort of a secret I guess you can say.

But it's only for Monday holidays. If a holiday falls on a Sunday or during the work week, it doesn't give you anything extra.

Some guys were thinking it's been a glitch for years so no.ones really brought it up.

An interesting thing is, if you use that Tuesday as an option or personal day, that following Saturday doesn't trigger as a 6th working day.

So for the past few years, there only been two guaranteed Saturdays for 1.5 pay, memorial day and labor day. July 4th 2016 was another day to our advantage

Depends on your supplement language. Check your supplement as the original poster may have different language.

Osubrownguy

In my building if your a tues thru sat driver they will give you the tuesday off after the monday holiday . So no chance for a 6th day punch in

I’m not sure many of you understand the 6 day punch in. If you work tues-sat. and have mon. off because of Memorial Day. It’s NOT a six day punch in, as you don’t clock in for holidays.

MattM

I’m not sure many of you understand the 6 day punch in. If you work tues-sat. and have mon. off because of Memorial Day. It’s NOT a six day punch in, as you don’t clock in for holidays.
What you're saying makes sense. And that's why no one believes me. My Pay stubs over the years have said otherwise. If you work every single day after a paid Monday holiday, Saturday will be at OT rates. Maybe it's a glitch in my hubs system? Maybe it's been corrected for 2019. This issue comes up twice a year at the minimum. We did have a July 4th fall on a Monday too.