No Increase in Long Term Disability

browned out

Unless I am missing something in the agreement; The Long Term Disability amount remains the same for the entire term of the agreement. $800 a week. The $800 a week is Unacceptable.

Last contract it increased from $600 in 2013 to $700 in 2014 and then to $800 a week in 2017.

Aetna is catching on to the fact that a lot of UPS package car drivers go on disability. I am sure UPS has some of the highest % of employees on disability of any company. Some package car drivers have to go on medical (ends up disability) because they can not pin point the exact event that caused the injury.

I am sure the number of drivers on disability has gone up dramatically in the last few years. This number will continue to rise.

The fear of UPS retaliating against a driver reporting an injury is a major contributing factor. Some drivers would rather state they do not know when the injury occurred versus admitting they may have not followed a 8 keys rule or 5 keys rule. Repetitive injuries are not covered by Workman Comp. so those injured drivers most of the time go on disability. Sometimes a driver does not want to fight the company for months while being forced to work TAW and risk further injury; so they concede and go on disability.

The LTD amount should be raised to $1000 a week plus increases

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Anything of an improvement with the Short Term for all the regions? We need to see the SUPPLEMENTS..Heard on site that the Central was done 2 weeks ago, why is it not out to the membership yet?

F

Frankie's Friend

Anything of an improvement with the Short Term for all the regions? We need to see the SUPPLEMENTS..Heard on site that the Central was done 2 weeks ago, why is it not out to the membership yet?
We found out that contrary to what our ba told drivers two weeks ago the CR was not totally done.
I was told that a MOU was signed off yesterday so it wasnt complete. Not sure if it's totally a done deal yet.

I heard we didnt lose the day after Thanksgiving's triple time pay.
Thanks Denny.
You the man.

F

Frankie's Friend

Unless I am missing something in the agreement; The Long Term Disability amount remains the same for the entire term of the agreement. $800 a week. The $800 a week is Unacceptable.

Last contract it increased from $600 in 2013 to $700 in 2014 and then to $800 a week in 2017.

Aetna is catching on to the fact that a lot of UPS package car drivers go on disability. I am sure UPS has some of the highest % of employees on disability of any company. Some package car drivers have to go on medical (ends up disability) because they can not pin point the exact event that caused the injury.

I am sure the number of drivers on disability has gone up dramatically in the last few years. This number will continue to rise.

The fear of UPS retaliating against a driver reporting an injury is a major contributing factor. Some drivers would rather state they do not know when the injury occurred versus admitting they may have not followed a 8 keys rule or 5 keys rule. Repetitive injuries are not covered by Workman Comp. so those injured drivers most of the time go on disability. Sometimes a driver does not want to fight the company for months while being forced to work TAW and risk further injury; so they concede and go on disability.

The LTD amount should be raised to $1000 a week plus increases
Did you know that you can get a weekly unemployment check while on disability because the company refuses you work while you're injured?

Add that in and you're well over the $1000.00 mark.

Thx Leadbelly.

DELACROIX

So you are saying that there is a ray of hope with the the Supplements. The Central would be interesting (it went down on the first vote in 2013).

DELACROIX

Did you know that you can get a weekly unemployment check while on disability because the company refuses you work while you're injured?

Add that in and you're well over the $1000.00 mark.

Thx Leadbelly.

Ok..was this information on the need to know list. I have never been on disability and have no clue..Thanks for the info.

Future

Victory Ride
You have to work in order to get disability....
9B8F8B12-9678-4515-B09A-59413CA755AC.gif

F

Frankie's Friend

Ok..was this information on the need to know list. I have never been on disability and have no clue..Thanks for the info.
We heard that from 407 years ago.
Our guys applied and got it.
Grossed around $1200.00 weekly.

F

Frankie's Friend

So you are saying that there is a ray of hope with the the Supplements. The Central would be interesting (it went down on the first vote in 2013).
Yes. There's good and better language in the Central language.
I can't say much more than that right now.