No inside bidders, Manager hires from outside

oldngray

nowhere special
yoda3.jpg

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Why get a degree when UPS pays us over 100k to deliver cardboard with zero production standards, full benefits, pension and we get a company car? And if the brownies want, triple time for going over 95.
I don't want to be 48 and in pain just trying to cross the belt like so many of the drivers in my center. That's why I'm getting a degree and doing something else.

Money is great, but who cares if you're a cripple and can't enjoy it

Overpaid Union Thug

At our center we have a posting from a permanent package car driver. Required to hire from within. No inside bidders so the center manager is going to hire from the outside.

When that happens, does the rotation of inside:outside hires get reset?
This is an example of when outside hires should be used. All jobs should be offered to inside employees unless there is no interest. Then it should go to transfers. Then outside hires.

We don't need no stinkin 6/1 ratio.

Back first

I don't want to be 48 and in pain just trying to cross the belt like so many of the drivers in my center. That's why I'm getting a degree and doing something else.

Money is great, but who cares if you're a cripple and can't enjoy it
I have to disagree with you. I am 45 and have been a driver 17 years. I have done 10 ironman triathlons and doing another ironman next month. I am far from crippled, in fact I am in the best shape of my life. Everyone is different.

The Milkman

I have to disagree with you. I am 45 and have been a driver 17 years. I have done 10 ironman triathlons and doing another ironman next month. I am far from crippled, in fact I am in the best shape of my life. Everyone is different.

You are the exception, you can thank your parents for the genes bestowed on you. But in the end we all Die..........

Dr.Brownz

I've delivered 37 stops in a day on a truck that went out with 150+ stops. Nothing happened. I just drove really slow because it was icey, took all my breaks and lunches and worked 100% by the methods. To be fair the stops I did were bulk stops, mostly. Wasn't till 9:45 at night that I got 10 resi's set up and knocked um out before heading in and clocking out at 1050pm. My sup told me that was the only way to get upper management to allow more routes, to let over 100 stops roll over, and apparently this happened on several trucks that day. All you new guys might not believe it but upper management is litterally sitting in their ivory tower frothing at the mouth while they jack off over how good there numbers look. They have no conception of what those numbers mean in the real world, just that they hit the target number, and that target is "good"