No more United Way

pale

Last year the supervisor came and tried to guilt trip me into donating with the whole "everyone else here donated something" act.

I replied with "Does anyone else here make a 5 hour drive to Charlotte to help volunteer and donate to an Ethiopian immigrant outreach program?" and he left me alone afterwards.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Last year the supervisor came and tried to guilt trip me into donating with the whole "everyone else here donated something" act.

I replied with "Does anyone else here make a 5 hour drive to Charlotte to help volunteer and donate to an Ethiopian immigrant outreach program?" and he left me alone afterwards.
AA8D90C7-38EF-4562-85F8-9F43FA6F5168.gif

nancyg

Ok, i love United Way, however im never ever donating to them again through UPS. Not after all this nonsense this all of it is just too, way the .... too much. UPS Do YOU GET IT!!!
I always say "no thanks" when they come around with their clipboard begging. I give to charities of my choice and united way would never be my choice.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
United way is a sham.
Amen!!
I stopped contributing when the local news did a story on the United Way director for our county in our state.

The guy made $270,000.00 a year.

The news lady pointed out that the Salvation Army"s CEO, responsible for the entire country, made $75,000.00 a year

What a bunch of crooks.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Amen!!
I stopped contributing when the local news did a story on the United Way director for our county in our state.

The guy made $270,000.00 a year.

The news lady pointed out that the Salvation Army"s CEO, responsible for the entire country, made $75,000.00 a year

What a bunch of crooks.
Did you mean $750,000.00? Up from 5 yrs ago at around $650,000.00?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

What’s the reason for management always trying to hustle us for donations? My first year my on road actually threatened me by telling me he controls my schedule when I opted out of donating. Also always annoyed at the union for setting up shop outside the only entrance to our building all the time begging for money too.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What’s the reason for management always trying to hustle us for donations? My first year my on road actually threatened me by telling me he controls my schedule when I opted out of donating. Also always annoyed at the union for setting up shop outside the only entrance to our building all the time begging for money too.
Because just like the NFL, or etc, UPS has a partnership with those scammers. Corporate measures how much workgroups donate and they have target goals.
They want to steal from your paycheck by guilting you into a bad decision, so the lower level management unfortunately do the dirty work. No one would donate if Abney or etc. were using those techniques