No Need To Work, Welfare Pays Better!

rickyb

"Also, all that talk of end UI being a big driver. It's a nothingburger," University of Michigan economics professor Justin Wolfers wrote on Twitter. "The real issue is - and remains - the virus."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Guys, I have a dog and I have to do laundry, so a 40 hour job is not "sustainable":
Screenshot_20211010-152810_Chrome.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Maybe. She might come from a wealthy capitalist family yet still “reject capitalism” like @rickyb does.
She sounds like every vocal woke millennial that dreams of "rejecting capitalism" by buying a camper van and living off advertising and affiliate link revenue from their blog.

These people end up leeching off their families for a few years until they wise up and go back to a real job.

oldngray

nowhere special
She sounds like every vocal woke millennial that dreams of "rejecting capitalism" by buying a camper van and living off advertising and affiliate link revenue from their blog.

These people end up leeching off their families for a few years until they wise up and go back to a real job.
They want to get paid but don't want to work.

It does sound like @rickyb

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The 40-hour work week has been gone probably at least 30 to 40 years if not longer
What days of one person working a regular job and having stay-at-home wife is long gone
My Father in Law (Steel Worker) said "24 hours in a day. 8 hours of work, 8 hours of sleep and 8 hours of play."
He lived the closet to that to anyone I ever knew.

My wife stayed at home. We were lucky. Not many around us did.
I still think a lot of moms work because they dont want to be moms. Maybe I'm wrong, but the extra car expense, clothes expense, cost of daycare/ sitters, taxes, etc., if most actually sat down and figured out how much they actually took home after all that, going to work might be just an excuse not to be a mom at home.

My Father in Law (Steel Worker) said "24 hours in a day. 8 hours of work, 8 hours of sleep and 8 hours of play."
He lived the closet to that to anyone I ever knew.

My wife stayed at home. We were lucky. Not many around us did.
I still think a lot of moms work because they dont want to be moms. Maybe I'm wrong, but the extra car expense, clothes expense, cost of daycare/ sitters, taxes, etc., if most actually sat down and figured out how much they actually took home after all that, going to work might be just an excuse not to be a mom at home.
People don't understand that.
Yes this job does suck sometimes but we are fortunate