"No Negro dialect"

over9five

Staff member
"No Negro dialect" unless he wants to have one.

What the heck is wrong with Reid? I don't understand how a supposedly intelligent man could say something like that. Along with his "light skinned" comment, you almost have to wonder if he was drunk.

Thank God it wasn't a Republican that said it, he'd be kicked out of the Senate.
But it's alright for the majority leader.

What the heck is wrong with Reid? I don't understand how a supposedly intelligent man could say something like that. Along with his "light skinned" comment, you almost have to wonder if he was drunk.

Thank God it wasn't a Republican that said it, he'd be kicked out of the Senate.

+1

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Wachusain? Reminds me of the guys talking "jive" in the movie Airplane.

[video=youtube;mRDOp6zypbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRDOp6zypbM[/video]

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
All Harry left out was that he has big Dumbo ears....... that's not racist, just the facts.
Let's compare, hmmmm?

1941-dumbo-3.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The worst kind of racist is the one who thinks he/she is "just telling it like it is". That's the sign of a true believer.
Reid is a maroon who was already unpopular in his own state and facing a tough reelection bid. This will likely be the final nail in his coffin. I'm sure Obama was pretty insulted and rightly so, but the political reality is that he needs Reid to shepard through his health care bill which is why he accepted Reid's apology and declared the matter closed.

Actually my first thought was on hearing this was that Reid might have decided he would be better off running for reelection as a republican and was just laying some ground work for the switch :happy-very:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The worst kind of racist is the one who thinks he/she is "just telling it like it is". That's the sign of a true believer.
Reid is a maroon who was already unpopular in his own state and facing a tough reelection bid. This will likely be the final nail in his coffin. I'm sure Obama was pretty insulted and rightly so, but the political reality is that he needs Reid to shepard through his health care bill which is why he accepted Reid's apology and declared the matter closed.

Actually my first thought was on hearing this was that Reid might have decided he would be better off running for reelection as a republican and was just laying some ground work for the switch :happy-very:
I can imagine the words flying through the Obama household after hearing this. Michelle must have went off.

over9five

Staff member
Hmmm....The head matches. But did you photoshop the ears? They look bigger on TV.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. So I did an image search at Yahoo. You know what? His ears aren't big!

We think they are because anytime you see a drawing of him in the newspaper, the artist always make his ears huge. Obama can blame the press for our impression that his ears are big!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Any one see the new census form where the word "negro" has been added, this form was approved by congress two years ago. Hmm I wonder if harry had anything to do with it?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One thing that does grow tiresome for me is the constantly changing "pc" term for referring to black people.

First it was "Negro" which is nothing more than an Anglicized version of the Latin/Spanish word for "black".

The word itself is in no way offensive but it morphed into the ugly, racist slang term that we all know but cannot speak unless we belong to a rap band.

Then it became "colored". My grandma grew up using that word and insisted until her death that it was the correct , non-racist term to use.

Sometime in the 70's it became "black", which is the term I prefer simply because it is only one syllable and it rolls easily off the toungue.

Then the PC crowd got in on it and came up with "African American". Aside from being a 2-word, 7 syllable toungue-twister, it is frequently inaccurate and, if taken to its logical conclusion, would require me to be referred to as a "Northern European/Scandinavian/Scotch Irish with trace of Native" American. Who needs every racial term to involve a georgraphy lesson anyway?

Now, the term "person of color" is in vogue. Maybe my gramma was right after all....but isnt it a bit insulting to qualify it by saying "person of"? Its a bit redundant, and its use implies that there could somehow be a lack of personhood for certain individuals. And it is 3 words and 5 syllables. Too much.

I'm a big fan of keeping it simple. Black guy, white guy, brown guy, yellow guy. One syllable, no geography to screw up, no implied judgemental or racist overtones.

Of course, a person who has already decided ahead of time that they are a victim will always find a reason to be offended and get their feelings hurt.

Oh, well.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My black friend, when telling me about someone will say black lady or white lady. So I figure "black" is proper. It's what I use and am comfortable with. If it's not PC, then oh well, hell's bells.

Maybe Reid was trying to tell obama he should have dialect with (Marco) Del Negro. (no negro, del negro sounds similar to me)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Maybe Reid was trying to tell obama he should have dialect with (Marco) Del Negro. (no negro, del negro sounds similar to me)
LOL. I just use the phrase Brown person if a description with color is needed, because there really are no "Black" people. I know, I know, some people are awfully close to black, but it's just a really dark shade of brown. I mostly use tall, short and such, which equally accomplishes the task.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

No he was not drunk, just an idiot.
He thinks very highly of himself. Sometimes I think these people only get the seat coz no one wants the job. Otherwise, how did he get there? At least the bigger racists have learned how to keep themselves silent on their real feelings. (AKA Byrd)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I think it's comical that Al Sharpton is always the "litmus test" as to whether or not something is racist or not!!

tieguy

Banned
You know, I was thinking the same thing. So I did an image search at Yahoo. You know what? His ears aren't big!

We think they are because anytime you see a drawing of him in the newspaper, the artist always make his ears huge. Obama can blame the press for our impression that his ears are big!

actually his ears are normal his head however is too small thus making his ears look too big....:)

upstate I'm not sure why you would be offended with the dumbo comment. Big eared people have always gotten the dumbo reference.