"No Negro dialect"

tieguy

Banned
Um, racism isn't a crime. But you continue to show just how badly conservatives don't get race issues in the United States. Unless you want to bitch about affirmative action and therefore have yet another reason to feel sorry for yourself.

Tell that to all the liberally created govenment agencies that treat racism as a crime. In either case we have no reason to cry. Its not our guy who was proven to be a bigot and its not our president exercising the double standard. keep dancing my friend.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's what happens when you work for FedEx Ground.:wink2:

I don't think this would be an issue if Obama was actually spelled, O'Bama.:happy2:

Gee- now he's Irish also? He's like one of those lizzards that can change colors to match anything:wink2:

[video=youtube;lBc-6aj0RJk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBc-6aj0RJk[/video]

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And how is it on your side?:happy2:

The area that I live in is extremely pale. We have a number of prisons here and this is where most of the people of color are so this is the perception that most of the locals in the rural areas have. I would call this ignorance more than racism.

I credit my time in the military with my acceptance of a person for who they are, not for the color of their skin.

tieguy

Banned
That's what happens when you work for FedEx Ground.:wink2:

I don't think this would be an issue if Obama was actually spelled, O'Bama.:happy2:

The area that I live in is extremely pale. We have a number of prisons here and this is where most of the people of color are so this is the perception that most of the locals in the rural areas have. I would call this ignorance more than racism.

I credit my time in the military with my acceptance of a person for who they are, not for the color of their skin.

I think you guys are starting to stray off into other directions. The only issue here is that the liberals who do an overkill on the race issue are applying a liberal double standard here because the bigot happens to be one of their own.

tieguy

Banned
In fact maybe just maybe we can now use this liberal faux pas to finally do what upstate suggests we do. starting judging people by the quality of their character and stop pulling the race card whenever a liberal wants to dodge some heat?

over9five

Staff member
The only issue here is that the liberals who do an overkill on the race issue are applying a liberal double standard here because the bigot happens to be one of their own.

And that's exactly the point the OP was making. (He's a really smart guy).

bbsam

Staff member
Rod-- O'Biden was a reference to the book "Game Change" in which the Palin's debate preparers couldn't get her to get Biden's name correct. Instead of Senator Biden, it would always come out Senator O'Biden.

tieguy

Banned
Rod-- O'Biden was a reference to the book "Game Change" in which the Palin's debate preparers couldn't get her to get Biden's name correct. Instead of Senator Biden, it would always come out Senator O'Biden.

holy crap now thats a real racist comment cuz it was made by a conservative....:)

or maybe she said joe biden

bbsam

Staff member
holy crap now thats a real racist comment cuz it was made by a conservative....:)

or maybe she said joe biden
I don't think it has to do with racism, simply that she isn't a particularly quick study on something even as rudimentary as the Democrat's nominee for Vice President of the United States. Just an aside to Steve's post. Keep pace with the post man!:peaceful:

tieguy

Banned
I don't think it has to do with racism, simply that she isn't a particularly quick study on something even as rudimentary as the Democrat's nominee for Vice President of the United States. Just an aside to Steve's post. Keep pace with the post man!:peaceful:

you keep dodging the double standard.

another palin attack . I think its more believable that she was saying joe biden rather then O'biden

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

another palin attack . I think its more believable that she was saying joe biden rather then O'biden
She had a problem with saying O'Biden, she even wrote about it in her own book. She couldn't stop saying it, and eventually they decided that the best solution would be for her to call him "Joe", which led to the whole "Can I call you Joe?" exchange.

bbsam

Staff member
She had a problem with saying O'Biden, she even wrote about it in her own book. She couldn't stop saying it, and eventually they decided that the best solution would be for her to call him "Joe", which led to the whole "Can I call you Joe?" exchange.
So much for "another Palin attack" eh tie?

diesel96

Bbsam's comment was harmless. You wouldn't know a Palin attack unless she sat on your face and quiffed....:wink2:

Now lets stick to light skin, dark skin, negro talk provided for our entertainment by Harry Reid.....Sarah has her own thread....

tieguy

Banned
Bbsam's comment was harmless. You wouldn't know a Palin attack unless she sat on your face and quiffed....:wink2:

Now lets stick to light skin, dark skin, negro talk provided for our entertainment by Harry Reid.....Sarah has her own thread....

I'm all for it. what position do you take? do we have another reid apologists?

diesel96

I'm all for it. what position do you take? do we have another reid apologists?

Previously posted.....Reid only needs to apologize for his word choice, not his message.

You mean like the RNC chairman for your party...
The only Black man in America who "seems" to be offended by Reid's comment. A true barometer of offensivness will be judged by the overall black population, rather than a token leader for a GOP party that is 99% white...The overall Black population does not feel Harry Reid's old fashion comments and his history record paints him as a racist.

So, Whaa...Harry said "Negro" in 2008 in an off the record conversation.... Kudos for Reid for saying "Yeah I said it" and owning up to it.....

I said my piece about Reid. His statement was true, his terminology was stupid and old school. Blacks, generally were not offended. Ironically, the white GOP party was devestated. :madashell:LOL....
Some felt the need of their total devestation to call for the head of Harry Reid. I touched that the party is finally looking out for blacks...:rofl:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
So I did have it right in the first place.:wink2:
mcpalinobiden.jpg