No new 22.2 jobs created in this contract!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bug, there is no guarantee any new 22.3 jobs will be created. I believe if 22.4’s stay in the contract you will have more than 5,000 new jobs when added to the minimum of 2,000 new Sleeper Team runs. So the company will be under no obligation to create new 22.3 jobs.

It's going to be interesting.... as I have a informal meeting scheduled with some high ranking

members of the National negotiation committee coming up. (good friends)

bowhnterdon

Absolute BS.

Read the language in Article 22.3

"This commitment shall include the obligation to create at least five thousand (5000) new full- time jobs from existing part-time jobs during the last four (4) years of this Agreement throughout its operations covered by this Agreement"

Article 22.4

"11. Newly created 22.4 combination driver positions shall count toward the newly created 22.3 jobs required by this Agreement."

Article 26 Section 6

"1. The Company commits that the number of new drivers needed to remove loads from the rail shall be, at least, two thousand (2000), over the life of the current contract."

The two different articles have nothing to do with each other.

Are peoples reading comprehension skills.... really that poor ?

-Bug-
Well,you admitted you were wrong,that is a start..The real question is why do you always throw insults in with your sometimes incorrect responses...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Well,you admitted you were wrong,that is a start..

In the 12 years I have been a member of this forum, I might have be inaccurate a few times.

Usually.... because I fire off a quick emotional response.

On the occasion, if I'm wrong (can probably count it on 1 hand) I've admitted my mistake.

I have dispensed more useful information.... as evidenced by my PM inbox.

@bowhnterdon.... Who is always right ?

The real question is why do you always throw insults in with your sometimes incorrect responses...

If what I say, offends some people.... "muscle up, buttercup".

How do you think they react, when dealing with some arrogant (nobody) UPS supe ?

-Bug-

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
5,000 new Jobs is the minimum, not maximum. If 22.4 jobs are in the new contract, they will most likely create more than 5,000 new jobs over the length of this contract when you add in the new Sleeper Team runs.

Maybe I am missing something but why would the company create more full time positions than their minimum obligation of 5000?

Also look at the timetables of those new 22.4 positions, none in the first, 500 in the second and 1,500 with the last three. I am reasoning that there will be a mass exiting after 1 Jan 2020 with the Central and South. Any other thoughts on this?

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Are there going to be any actual 22.3 jobs created, Or will they all be 22.4 ?

Q5PhOBU.gif

542thruNthru

no, it says "the number of full-time jobs CREATED shall not be reduced", important difference. The company can create the 22.3 job in accordance with the contract, then pull the shell-game maneuver.

You left out the most important part. "Under Article 22 section 3".

So the 22.3 jobs created from 1997 to 2018 shall not be reduced. If all it said was "the number of full-time jobs CREATED shall not be reduced" then yes I would agree with you.

But hey, agree to disagree I guess.

You left out the most important part. "Under Article 22 section 3".

So the 22.3 jobs created from 1997 to 2018 shall not be reduced. If all it said was "the number of full-time jobs CREATED shall not be reduced" then yes I would agree with you.

But hey, agree to disagree I guess.
But didn't it say in this contract proposal that 22.3 jobs can be replaced by 22.4 jobs?

542thruNthru

But didn't it say in this contract proposal that 22.3 jobs can be replaced by 22.4 jobs?

No, I believe what it say is 22.4s will count towards the newly created 5000 job in this contracts. Unless I'm mistaken that's what I think you're thinking of.