No noise from retirees about the New Contract and how it affects you

Xexys

Retired and Happy
When I went into mgmt there was no copay or pay for benefits. It was similar to the teamsters. We were forced to take it. Our choice was to quit. Apparently you now have the same choice as we had. So I assume based on what you said about it being a choice.. You now have the same choice I had ten plus years ago.. Quit and go somewhere else, or stay and pay for benefits.

He's retired how can he quit? You were forced into it for sure, I remember when it happened and all the management personnel were up in arms about it. Too bad you didn't have anyone (Teamsters) to fight for your rights. You should've just quit then and found another job that is respectful. Nobody here is going to feel sorry for any management puke.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Milkman, you and I are of the same mold, hell we even worked together in the same center. You are a little more lucky than me though, I will have to carry the family plan as my wife is younger than me and I'm almost 7 years away from 65. You should actually feel lucky that you only have to cover yourself as my deductible is $400 on the family plan. The prescription service is going to kill my wife and I. We've been saving prescriptions for over two years now and have quite the pharmacy going on here. My biggest gripe is some of the "experimental" drugs that were covered on our old policy are no longer considered covered on the new plan. Same company (Aetna), just different parameters. What a pisser...

I, like a lot of the responders in this thread, accept it for what it is...a true concession that will continue to happen as the active employees continue to tread through their careers. Too bad they don't have tunnel vision as we had when we voted on our contracts (retirement).

Thank you milkman for stating what should be obvious. When I got the opportunity to work for UPS over 30 years ago, I looked at what the job had to offer. Good pay, great benefits, and a solid pension. I took into consideration the position of UPS in their business. It was and is practically a monopoly. the decision was a no-brainer. I thought that as long as the company was profitable we would all be OK. Boy was I wrong. There are two reasons we are now worse off than before. #1, the Teamsters use UPS employees hard work to prop up their failing multi-employer pension plan AND use our union dues to buy Bull:censored2: propaganda that tells us that we WON major improvements. #2, the majority of people that work for UPS are IDIOTS!. I hate to say it, but who would vote FOR a master agreement that has major concessions in it when UPS is and will continue to make record profits. I believe the vote was about 31,000 to 30,000. How many are eligible to vote? About 260,000? The hourly increase don't even keep up with inflation. Here in West PA, we voted both contracts down by a margin of 8-1 and had the contract shoved up our asses. Retirees here have said that they now have to find part time jobs to pay for their insurance. It is without question the most ridiculous and disgusting labor situation I've ever seen.

The last line of this quote says it best. But I'm sure we will see more ridiculous things to come. I keep thinking of their new Teamcare and how it serves them beyond the 65th year of their lives. Could this be a precursor to the death of Medicare for them? Obama spreading his wings into the future?

The Milkman

Milkman, you and I are of the same mold, hell we even worked together in the same center. You are a little more lucky than me though, I will have to carry the family plan as my wife is younger than me and I'm almost 7 years away from 65. You should actually feel lucky that you only have to cover yourself as my deductible is $400 on the family plan. The prescription service is going to kill my wife and I. We've been saving prescriptions for over two years now and have quite the pharmacy going on here. My biggest gripe is some of the "experimental" drugs that were covered on our old policy are no longer considered covered on the new plan. Same company (Aetna), just different parameters. What a pisser...

I, like a lot of the responders in this thread, accept it for what it is...a true concession that will continue to happen as the active employees continue to tread through their careers. Too bad they don't have tunnel vision as we had when we voted on our contracts (retirement).

The last line of this quote says it best. But I'm sure we will see more ridiculous things to come. I keep thinking of their new Teamcare and how it serves them beyond the 65th year of their lives. Could this be a precursor to the death of Medicare for them? Obama spreading his wings into the future?

I hear ya D-man.....only 3 more yrs for me...smaller deductible, you on the other hand thanks to our Brothers/Sisters who accepted that crap contract, will be on the hook for I would say thousands of more dollars than planned for when you made your exit with benefits which we both expected to carry us to 65.Crap Happens..Well I'm outa here off for a few weeks up North, catch ya later...................

purplesky

So the difference now guys is that many drivers I KNOW will easily retire with over 1 million dollars in their 401ks and many drivers will have tens of thousands of company stock they purchased in the UPS stock purchase program at the 5% discount.

I know many drivers in feeders and package that gross around 100k per year now.

What :censored2:ING planet do you guys live on anyway?

LOOK AT ALL THE RIGHT WING IDIOT TEAMSTERS WHO VOTE REPUBLICAN? THE PARTY THAT IS AGGRESSIVELY TRYING TO DESTROY ALL UNION LABOR? I HAVE MANY RIGHT WING COWORKERS WHO VOTED FOR TWITT ROBME? ITS A :censored2:ING JOKE!:angry:

The Teamsters are currently fighting a huge fight right now JUST TO STAY ALIVE and you guys are crying in your beer about days past.

I am not old or young. So I can see things looking in both directions and from where I sit THINGS COULD BE MUCH WORSE IN THIS CURRENT RIGHT WING CAPITALIST ENVIRONMENT.

The Teamsters(ALL UNIONS) are hanging by a damn thread in 2014! ITS THE POLITICAL WORLD WE NOW LIVE IN.

Sorry guys. I know I sound like a dick but its very frustrating. :wornout:

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I highly doubt "tens of thousands" of company stock will be had by most union employees. I would hope that in this stock market you could retire with over a million in your 401k, good luck with that.

Drivers making that much money have just enough time to come home, eat, shower and go to bed just to do it all over again the next day. What a great life that must be! Hope you can keep that pace up for 30 years. If you didn't notice you are in the retirement section of the forums so excuse me for talking about the past and all the concessions YOU have given away. Too bad you have it so rough in this "day and age".

We live on the same planet as you do we are just expressing how much of a let down it is for us to have had to work so hard to get the benefits that we deserved as drivers to see them voted down the drain by the current workforce of the same company that we broke our backs for. You'll see, it will happen to you too when you retire.

purplesky

I highly doubt "tens of thousands" of company stock will be had by most union employees. I would hope that in this stock market you could retire with over a million in your 401k, good luck with that.

Drivers making that much money have just enough time to come home, eat, shower and go to bed just to do it all over again the next day. What a great life that must be! Hope you can keep that pace up for 30 years. If you didn't notice you are in the retirement section of the forums so excuse me for talking about the past and all the concessions YOU have given away. Too bad you have it so rough in this "day and age".

We live on the same planet as you do we are just expressing how much of a let down it is for us to have had to work so hard to get the benefits that we deserved as drivers to see them voted down the drain by the current workforce of the same company that we broke our backs for. You'll see, it will happen to you too when you retire.

I agree it sucks that retired drivers and employees have their benefits reduced BUT THIS IS THE WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW. NOBODY SEEMS TO CARE.

Yes I fully expect my benefits to be less when I get to retirement. So I am preparing for the worst.

I know many drivers who buy stock each week and that adds up quickly over time especially when the dividend reinvestment gets bigger and really starts to make a difference.

I just think its ridiculous to blame the Teamsters for everything we give up when you look at whats happening in America today to labor and all American workers.

satellitedriver

I retired in Feb. this year.
The insurance cost is very reasonable, for the coverage, in today's ObamaCare world.
The new dental and vision benefits alone will cover 30% of the yearly premiums of $400 a month.
My wife's prescription cost are lower.
The yearly maximum increased.

What noise should I make?

I planned for my retirement and I have to thank the teamsters for making me realize in 1997 that I could not rely on the union for my retirement.

Yes,
I am just a driver that came into UPS 271/2yrs ago with $7,000.00 in the bank.

Now, I am about to turn 61yrs old and have a net worth just at the million dollar mark, debt free.

No need to make noise.

raceanoncr

Good for you, Sat. Looks like you had your quail in a row, er, or is that, geese? Maybe it's vultures? Oh, it's DUCKS!

Good luck.

Highwayman

In our area we have to pay for our health insurance when we retire. We know this going in so it's hard to complain. Changing your plan after you were promised something sucks.

oldngray

nowhere special
I just activated my new retiree prescription card. Its Express Scripts but same Medco company I used to have, just plan conditions changed. The website explained a few details that were missing from the meager amount of literature I received through the main from UPS. It does have that 20% co-pay for all prescriptions but there is a yearly cap of $1000 which should soften the burden on those taking expensive maintenance drugs. Of bigger impact to me is there is a yearly $200 individual/$400 family deductible before the plan pays anything for prescriptions.
https://host1.medcohealth.com/medco...BV_EngineID=ccifadgdekdigjecfklcgffdghfdfjo.0

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
So the difference now guys is that many drivers I KNOW will easily retire with over 1 million dollars in their 401ks and many drivers will have tens of thousands of company stock they purchased in the UPS stock purchase program at the 5% discount.

I know many drivers in feeders and package that gross around 100k per year now.

What :censored2:ING planet do you guys live on anyway?

LOOK AT ALL THE RIGHT WING IDIOT TEAMSTERS WHO VOTE REPUBLICAN? THE PARTY THAT IS AGGRESSIVELY TRYING TO DESTROY ALL UNION LABOR? I HAVE MANY RIGHT WING COWORKERS WHO VOTED FOR TWITT ROBME? ITS A :censored2:ING JOKE!:angry:

The Teamsters are currently fighting a huge fight right now JUST TO STAY ALIVE and you guys are crying in your beer about days past.

I am not old or young. So I can see things looking in both directions and from where I sit THINGS COULD BE MUCH WORSE IN THIS CURRENT RIGHT WING CAPITALIST ENVIRONMENT.

The Teamsters(ALL UNIONS) are hanging by a damn thread in 2014! ITS THE POLITICAL WORLD WE NOW LIVE IN.

Sorry guys. I know I sound like a dick but its very frustrating. :wornout:
Last I checked, it is Obama's Dept. of Labor that is saying that we need to IMPORT more foreigners into our country to bolster the work force.

If that is not an attempt to destroy good paying U.S. jobs, I don't know what is.

And this is from the Democrats.

purplesky

Last I checked, it is Obama's Dept. of Labor that is saying that we need to IMPORT more foreigners into our country to bolster the work force.

If that is not an attempt to destroy good paying U.S. jobs, I don't know what is.

And this is from the Democrats.

Dude is this some sad attempt to CHANGE THE SUBJECT OR DEFEND THE FACT THAT THE REPUBLICANS AND THE RIGHT WINGERS ARE ACTIVELY TRYING TO KILL ALL UNIONS AND KEEP WAGES LOW AND KILL ALL UNION PENSIONS ?

Again. I have UNION coworkers who vote for the CORPORATE FUNDED political machine which is the REPUBLICAN POLITICAL MACHINE THAT WANTS ALL BENEFITS FOR UNION RETIREES COMPLETELY ELIMINATED.

WHY DONT YOU START A THREAD ABOUT IMPORTING HIGHLY SKILLED FOREIGN WORKERS AND DO WE NEED THEM IN THE USA?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Dude is this some sad attempt to CHANGE THE SUBJECT OR DEFEND THE FACT THAT THE REPUBLICANS AND THE RIGHT WINGERS ARE ACTIVELY TRYING TO KILL ALL UNIONS AND KEEP WAGES LOW AND KILL ALL UNION PENSIONS ?

Again. I have UNION coworkers who vote for the CORPORATE FUNDED political machine which is the REPUBLICAN POLITICAL MACHINE THAT WANTS ALL BENEFITS FOR UNION RETIREES COMPLETELY ELIMINATED.

WHY DONT YOU START A THREAD ABOUT IMPORTING HIGHLY SKILLED FOREIGN WORKERS AND DO WE NEED THEM IN THE USA?
Waah

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I am glad that you are looking at these facts with an open mind.

In case you didn't know it, there are more than 50 million unemployed Americans according to the Obama administration.

More than 50% of college graduates in this country can't find jobs after graduation.

You should check out this link, it might open your eyes a little. But I doubt it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-s-workers-is-calling-for-more-foreign-labor/

And the Democrats still are calling for more foreign workers.

And you support Democrats.

purplesky

and the Democrats have done SO MUCH to help out unions. Especially private sector unions.

Destroying all unions in the private sector and public sector and taking away workers rights is a major agenda for the Republican party. ITS A FACT AND THE REPUBLICANS ARE PROUD OF THEIR ANTI-WORKER AGENDA.

The Democrats don't have an agenda to destroy unions. Its a fact.

So millions of union and nonunion retirees will continue to have their retirement benefits reduced or eliminated because thats what Corporate America does to its retired employees. ITS THE AMERICAN WAY TO :censored2: ON RETIRED WORKERS AND USE THAT MONEY TO PAY BONUSES TO THE BOYS IN THE BOARDROOM.

purplesky

I am glad that you are looking at these facts with an open mind.

In case you didn't know it, there are more than 50 million unemployed Americans according to the Obama administration.

More than 50% of college graduates in this country can't find jobs after graduation.

You should check out this link, it might open your eyes a little. But I doubt it.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-s-workers-is-calling-for-more-foreign-labor/

And the Democrats still are calling for more foreign workers.

And you support Democrats.

Dude this thread is about Teamster union retirement benefits being reduced or changed and HOW DOES THIS AFFECT US? ARE RETIRED TEAMSTERS MAKING NOISE?

I am just simply pointing out the facts. ALL UNIONS IN THIS COUNTRY ARE BEING ATTACKED BY THE REPUBLICANS AND THE RIGHT WINGERS AND THEIR CORPORATE BIG MONEY LOBBYIST.

IF YOU EXPECT TO COLLECT A UNION PENSION CHECK OR RECEIVE UNION MEDICAL BENEFITS IN YOUR RETIREMENT FUTURE, THIS WAR TO DESTROY UNION LABOR BY THE REPUBLICANS SHOULD ALARM YOU?

I AM JUST A MESSENGER GIVING THE FACTS.

You should start a thread about the whole foreign worker issue because you are correct it is important.
COLLEGE GRADS ARE LIVING IN THEIR PARENTS BASEMENT BECAUSE OF GLOBALIZATION AND OUTSOURCING. GLOBALIZATION AND AMERICAN JOB OUTSOURCING HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR 30 YEARS LONG BEFORE OBAMA CAME ALONG.