No personal cellphones

Nah
Perhaps, I’d check with a lawyer. It’s asinine that we have to even purchase them even though it’s considered part of our uniform. This only applies to California unfortunately.

That's what I read, and I find it to be unethical, immoral, and a huge safety concern, to not be able to wear shorts in the summer, unless you pay a fee (buy socks)....
According to the president of one of my old local unions, that was a compromise the company and union came to in order to allow drivers to wear shorts. The company wanted drivers to only wear pants all the time, but drivers kept asking to be allowed to wear shorts. UPS finally agreed with the stipulation that if you want to wear shorts, you have to wear UPS socks too, which the company will not provide.

oldngray

nowhere special
According to the president of one of my old local unions, that was a compromise the company and union came to in order to allow drivers to wear shorts. The company wanted drivers to only wear pants all the time, but drivers kept asking to be allowed to wear shorts. UPS finally agreed with the stipulation that if you want to wear shorts, you have to wear UPS socks too, which the company will not provide.
They also gave you a couple of free shorts then made you buy your own after that. I don't remember when it was changed to where shorts are treated like other company uniforms.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I bought one pair.
Cut the bottoms off.
Put cool white socks on. Put the UPS sock over white sock so only brown is showing.
Lasted 7 years. Really started to fade. They gave me another pair because I refused to buy one. That pair lasted until I retired.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Why do you care if its easier for UPS? You get paid by the hour. Once you start letting them use your phone it will never stop. I refused to use mine for company business. They just assume everyone will do so and if you don't that is their problem.
My absolute favorite trick was to notify management I’d be over 9.5 without help

Couple of hours later and my phone would ring.I dont have voicemail set up
And would block the number.

Shortly after that I’d get a message via the Diad telling me I was “ instructed” to call the driver and set up a meet point

I’d message back I didn’t use my cell for work and that I had that number blocked. I would also request directions to the nearest pay phone if they wanted me to call, and to let the driver know I’d be calling collect .I would also tell them if they arranged a meet point I’d be there and that it would be far easier than me hunting down a pay phone

I had a center manager try and deny several of my 9.5 grievances as he said the company tried to provide me help and I refused. I always stuck to my guns and would get paid right before they went to panel. At the time the company didn’t want to risk setting precedent on a cell
Phone issue

oldngray

nowhere special
My absolute favorite trick was to notify management I’d be over 9.5 without help

Couple of hours later and my phone would ring.I dont have voicemail set up
And would block the number.

Shortly after that I’d get a message via the Diad telling me I was “ instructed” to call the driver and set up a meet point

I’d message back I didn’t use my cell for work and that I had that number blocked. I would also request directions to the nearest pay phone if they wanted me to call, and to let the driver know I’d be calling collect .I would also tell them if they arranged a meet point I’d be there and that it would be far easier bryan me hunting down a pay phone

I had a center manager try and deny several of my 9.5 grievances as he said the company tried to provide me help and I refused. I always stuck to my guns and would get paid right before they went to panel. At the time the company didn’t want to risk setting precedent on a cwll
Phone issue
DIAD is for messages and they do get upset when you communicate that way instead of using your phone.

Call Center. OK, I will when I can get to a phone.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I would prefer "lmao".

:censored2: off doesn't really communicate the level of derision I have for hourlies that think they're a part time supervisor.
Can one flip off one of these new generation suit monkeys? They are sensitive and could be trigger into needing therapy.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I would prefer "lmao".

:censored2: off doesn't really communicate the level of derision I have for hourlies that think they're a part time supervisor.
I’ve told them countless times to stop using their personal phone to conduct business especially being a middle man towards management and saving them time. Also gotten ratted on for telling an hourly that if they’re really interested in my job performance that they should perhaps take up a supe position. Bunch of player haters here.

I certainly hope so.

I've made a part time supervisor cry before, but haven't managed it with a full timer yet. :)
45frqr4h6ZP6K9JGih (1).gif

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I certainly hope so.

I've made a part time supervisor cry before, but haven't managed it with a full timer yet. :)
I’ve been reported like three times to security so far. I’ve calmed down a lot since my BA asked me to. Luckily we have a decent management team now. Last year was rough. I also may or may not have been the cause of someone in management getting a stroke, lol.