No Raise this Year?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
oh good!, just what this place needed - another cranky guy! :D

Rest assured, if any news comes out concerning a raise (or lack there of) you'll hear all about it here first. No prodding will be required.

Serf

So what's up with the raise this October anybody hear anything yet?
One of the "best" snake in the grass managers informed his best dirty deed doers that it's another 6% this October for those who fall in the job category and that are not topped out. But after that expect smaller increments from there on out.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Was a fairly simple question didn't need politics involved, thanks for the input tho.

Here is the gospel on raises. No matter what your raise is, it will be taken away through higher costs for you elsewhere, like insurance premiums.

Net effect is zero net gain in income for the employee.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Here is the gospel on raises. No matter what your raise is, it will be taken away through higher costs for you elsewhere, like insurance premiums.

Net effect is zero net gain in income for the employee.
Or even less than that.

fedex_rtd

What is going around my station, via a south east contact is, employees over 15 years with the company will be topped out, but top pay is frozen for this year. In other words if your topped out, no raise for you, and what few mid range employees you will be getting topped out.

slowdriver

What is going around my station, via a south east contact is, employees over 15 years with the company will be topped out, but top pay is frozen for this year. In other words if your topped out, no raise for you, and what few mid range employees you will be getting topped out.
Any idea how that will work with those barely less than 15 years? I'm at 13 years, and a whole $1.50 an hour more than starting rtd pay, anything close to top out would be nice, albeit doubtful..

Cactus

Fred and associates are well beyond topped out but rest assured they'll be getting a nice fat raise.

Buhryein

Our District manager said there would be another significant raise and be according to the step system, but I don't take anything that guy says seriously and would not be surprised if it was pennies or none at all.

optikz

Our District manager said there would be another significant raise and be according to the step system, but I don't take anything that guy says seriously and would not be surprised if it was pennies or none at all.
heard the same here. would be nice.

Serf

The steps, which equate to almost a dollar a year still seems too good to be true. By the time I top out my vision for Express will be that ground will handle all P2 freight.

Cactus

The steps, which equate to almost a dollar a year still seems too good to be true. By the time I top out my vision for Express will be that ground will handle all P2 freight.
Well, if they're able to find any people willing to come work for slave wages by that time.

Serf

Well, if they're able to find any people willing to come work for slave wages by that time.
Syrian refugees and second world moderates will appreciate it greatly. And when the Serve Food Annually (SFA) gets them a slice of pizza and a RC cola they will praise the wisdom of Federal Express Corporation.

Purplepackage

They're already doing it at my station.

The guys who have been here 15 or less are far from praising the company, but a lot of their wives have decent jobs and with there 40k plus income in this area they are doing pretty well. I've watched this company go to :censored2: the past 25 years, but as long as you aren't trying to support a family on this income it's not a bad job