No Raise this Year?

fedex_rtd

Our District manager said there would be another significant raise and be according to the step system, but I don't take anything that guy says seriously and would not be surprised if it was pennies or none at all.
Yeh...I remember my district manager years and years ago saying that going from 2 raises a year to one, was going to help top out employees faster, and we all know how that worked out!

Personally I have no reason to trust what comes out of a managers mouth. Experience has proven that many times over.

Serf

So in 2026 one will reach 2016 top of range.
Not even thinking about what inflation will do to devour our mythical top wage. But would imagine by that time Teamsters will have UPS and DHL hourly rate at 35-40$ an hour.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not even thinking about what inflation will do to devour our mythical top wage. But would imagine by that time Teamsters will have UPS and DHL hourly rate at 35-40$ an hour.

The simple answer is that management is lying. The longer they obfuscate, the more money they save. This is SOP at FedEx. More carrot dangling and no cash...typical.

UPS is already at $34 per hour BTW.

Serf

The simple answer is that management is lying. The longer they obfuscate, the more money they save. This is SOP at FedEx. More carrot dangling and no cash...typical.

UPS is already at $34 per hour BTW.
Agree. And DHL in my region is at $30 per hour. Both these companies should be paying around 40$ an hour, or anywhere close in 9 years. FedEx pay scale will be woefully inept.

bacha29

Remember guys it's not about Earnings Per Hour, It's all about Earnings Per Share. X's aggressive and ongoing acquisition and expansion program is expensive and eats into EPS Not to mention it's ongoing share buyback efforts. No question that the wage and benefit disparity between UPS and X will grow wider and Ground contractors will not be spared either. Once the single route contractors are all disposed of the remaining multi route contractors are expected to experience heavy downward pressure on settlements due to the fact that Ground knows everything there is regarding a contractors business including the knowledge that many of them are heavily leveraged.

MAKAVELI

Not here. Maybe close if the union wasn't confiscating our raises to keep the pension going and our medical. Currently at $31.75.
You are pretty close to industry standards, at least on the west coast. Except most mechanics don't get pensions and free healthcare unless they work for a public agency.

Serf

Wait, DHL compensation is close to UPS?? When did that happen?? I thought they paid even worse then fedex.
Yep, full time DHL drivers with Union are well compensated. Or at least close to UPS. However, they hire part time/ driver/dockworkers at 13-16$ an hour and work them to the bone as operational needs dictate, then cut them to the bone when blah, blah, blah.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You are pretty close to industry standards, at least on the west coast. Except most mechanics don't get pensions and free healthcare unless they work for a public agency.
Most drivers wouldn't either. Trouble is UPS does not demand "industry standard" and their wages are not going backward.