NO RPCD will be laid off language should be changed.

Rack em

Made the Podium
this is all true, but it also says no rpcd can be laid off if 22.4's are working. sending a driver home for "no work" is a lay off.. so this pretty clearly says they cant send home the rpcd but use a 22.4 instead. also, 22.4's will be scheduled tues-sat or wed-sun, for the far majority if not all of them. so they wouldnt be available to use on monday
It actually says "No RPCD can be laid off while a 22.4 is working in the building"...You don't think Ups will manipulate that?

542thruNthru

well, maybe theoretically. but if they dont have the 22.4's to replace the rpcd's its not likely. plus, theres usually enough guys that are looking for a day off that nobody ever gets forced other than trainees. at least thats always been my experience in my center.

im not saying that i agree with the "when work is available" language either btw.

Do you have Saturday operations right now? I only ask because it seem from your answer that you don't.

We only run 12 routes on Saturdays and we have 10 routes out every Monday. With 25% 22.4 drivers we could have 20 routes on Saturdays. Think about how many more routes they could cut getting that much Monday volume done on a Saturday.

So let's say 12 routes are out every Monday. After a while (let's say 6 months to a year) people are not going to want to go home every Monday. That's when the layoffs matter.

If the language is not there people are at risk.

born2Bwild

so this pretty clearly says they cant send home the rpcd but use a 22.4 instead
There won’t be any 22.4 working that day for they delivered Monday volume on Sunday living the center with minimum volume and this is where “if work is available “ come to play.
You have to read between the line no RPCD will be laid of that day WHEN 22.4 are working is still true BUT they worked the day before
Another thing of concern is for RPCD to start at 11 or 12 and work til 7 or 8 on a strait time
Yet another reason for no is: to use 22.4 to strip us From. All Overtime.

There won’t be any 22.4 working that day for they delivered Monday volume on Sunday living the center with minimum volume and this is where “if work is available “ come to play.
You have to read between the line no RPCD will be laid of that day WHEN 22.4 are working is still true BUT they worked the day before
Another thing of concern is for RPCD to start at 11 or 12 and work til 7 or 8 on a strait time
Yet another reason for no is: to use 22.4 to strip us From. All Overtime.
Then they should put in the language any ROCD that didn't have work available on Monday has the first right to work on Saturday.