No scans

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's not called a no scan report--it's the DND report and it's big nationally right now. DND is short for destination not delivered meaning the package made it to its destination center but didn't have a disposition (sheeted delivery attempt).

That being said simply having a package mixed in with your pickup pieces can't get you permanently fired unless the company can prove you did it intentionally. Bottom line: Make sure you sheet every package in your truck and stay organized/keep your pickup pieces segregated.

Does this mean it's not about the socks anymore?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
There's no way they can fire you for this. It's quite possible (and will happen to everyone) that a misload happens to go un-scanned because it accidentally gets buried by send agains or P/U's during the day. An honest mistake. Could easily be a letter out of view on the top shelf and a P/U gets thrown on it.

They can fire you. UPS will say that you purposely hid the package. It did not accidently get buried.

You will get back but possibly lose a week's pay.

While it may be an honest mistake, this "out for blood" company that we work for will see it as intentional and dishonest.

oldngray

nowhere special
Sometimes you will make the list because the report shows you didn't scan a package that was supposed to be on your truck. It was misloaded on someone else who didn't scan and hid in his load. The next day that package is magically on you and you scan and deliver. You will still remain on the report you shouldn't have been on the day before.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sometimes you will make the list because the report shows you didn't scan a package that was supposed to be on your truck. It was misloaded on someone else who didn't scan and hid in his load. The next day that package is magically on you and you scan and deliver. You will still remain on the report you shouldn't have been on the day before.

This is why you send in an ODS for all missing packages.

DNED----Delivery Not Equal to Destination

UPSGUY72

We were told today that if you have a no scan and your load was scan checked that you will be fired immediately. What happened to progressive discipline? I'm sure you will probably get your job back but who wants to go through that.

The simple solution is just to scan everything in your car. If you can't find a package and find it later in the day go back if you can or sheet it as missed at the end of the day. If you have a off area missload you send it in the communication tab as a missload and let them decided what they want to do. If they don't tell you to deliver or send someone to get it you again sheet it as missed.

Just sheet everything in your car it really isn't a big deal.

S

selfcancelsignal

They've been giving drivers on routes with bob trucks a hard time about missed scans here lately. Sorry, I can't just rescan the 200+ packages I just undloaded to find out if I missed 1 scan. Mainly because the receiver has 4 people processing them as I'm scanning and unloading them and they're stacked on pallets before I'm even done. The noise in some of these places is so loud you can't even hear the board beep, it's easy to miss one. It's an easy fix if the receiver also has their own scanners though. If their count is one higher than mine: details, get the last 4 digits, find bc, problem solved.

Missed scans are bound to happen, the people abusing the system by hiding misloads are making it all more complicated than it has to be. Running a misload 15 minutes off area is easy money.
This!!!

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The biggest issue I have with these "no scans" is the fact that Ive been blamed for a no scan I know dam well I did not have, yet I showed up on the no scan report the next day... Whats up with that?

That happened to me, too. It was a single package that I handed directly to customer. I showed up on the "no scan" list for the month. The thing that gets me is there is no way that I could have closed out the stop without scanning the package.
There is a glitch in the report somehow.

BrownTexas

I mean finding a package later in the day or a misload you don't feel like going back to deliver so you just throw it in with your pick ups. I see a lot of delivery packages being unloaded without a service cross and just left on the truck.
That's called "drivers being idiots" and they have the right to fire them for "smoking" packages. I hate when someone does that.

By The Book

There are various ways to end up on a no scan report. 1. Deliver the pkg but forget to scan it. 2. Not deliver the pkg and not scan it, for whatevever reason. 3. Missing a pkg and it is not on car and it is on another car and not reported or scanned. 4. Not report your own missing pkg and it be a left in building or a clerked pkg or a damage that is not scanned. These are a just a few that will generate these reports. You may do everything right but these reports will still be generated. Don't use the not found key until you checkout at night, and you don't even have to use it.

ManInBrown

There are various ways to end up on a no scan report. 1. Deliver the pkg but forget to scan it. 2. Not deliver the pkg and not scan it, for whatevever reason. 3. Missing a pkg and it is not on car and it is on another car and not reported or scanned. 4. Not report your own missing pkg and it be a left in building or a clerked pkg or a damage that is not scanned. These are a just a few that will generate these reports. You may do everything right but these reports will still be generated. Don't use the not found key until you checkout at night, and you don't even have to use it.
I never use not found key. When the time comes that I know for a fact package is not on car, I message the center letting them know I am missing however many for such and such stop. Then when I punch out I say I did not complete EDD work.

Tough Guy

For those of you saying "scan misloads", you mean just sending the misload text to the center? What we do is send the text in, if nobody responds by the time I'm done, we bring it in and give it to the sups. (Unless it's within a reasonable distance, than I'll run it off)

If by scanning misloads you mean putting some sort of disposition on it, like NI1 or something, that I do not do unless they send a message back to do so. Once I notify the center I've done my duty. Then it's up to them to either find a way to move it or not.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
For those of you saying "scan misloads", you mean just sending the misload text to the center? What we do is send the text in, if nobody responds by the time I'm done, we bring it in and give it to the sups. (Unless it's within a reasonable distance, than I'll run it off)

If by scanning misloads you mean putting some sort of disposition on it, like NI1 or something, that I do not do unless they send a message back to do so. Once I notify the center I've done my duty. Then it's up to them to either find a way to move it or not.

I send a message also about the misload. I do not scan it until I receive a message back.

If they say to run it, I run it.

If they say to bring it back, I scan it and mark it as missed.

If they don't respond, I'll run it if it is close. If not, I scan it and mark it as missed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I send a message also about the misload. I do not scan it until I receive a message back.

If they say to run it, I run it.

If they say to bring it back, I scan it and mark it as missed.

If they don't respond, I'll run it if it is close. If not, I scan it and mark it as missed.

What if they tell you to bring it back so that they can exception code as LIB? Would you be OK w/that?