No scans

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I literally had this happen to me yesterday with a NDA going to a hospital. I delivered the 100 or so packages there, missing one. After obtaining the signature, stop completed and realized it was a NDA. Dug through the truck for a few until 10:31, couldn't find it so moved on.

Around 12 I got a call from office asking where is the air. Told them I went through the entire truck by then, don't have it. Received a diad message 10 minutes later saying I must go through the entire truck again, the air was scanned onto my truck this morning. I must have it, customer needs package asap.

Looked at every single package again, replied that it was still not here. Within 15 minutes, it was found in another location as I got the update.

The system is flawed, plain and simple. The only way to guarentee it is on the truck is to scan it once your on the truck, not at the cage or stacked outside. I understand that it is not the method, but it's the truth. Fact is, management only wants the report to look good with 100% scanned.
scanning the package after you get into the truck wastes time and makes it less likely the loader will actually scan it

it also functionally doesn’t mean anything more than scanning outside the truck, clearing the queue happens the same way no matter where the package was scanned first

if we really wanted to drill down we should differentiate a beacon hit from a barcode scan or f4-manual key

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

scanning the package after you get into the truck wastes time and makes it less likely the loader will actually scan it

it also functionally doesn’t mean anything more than scanning outside the truck, clearing the queue happens the same way no matter where the package was scanned first

if we really wanted to drill down we should differentiate a beacon hit from a barcode scan or f4-manual key
So it registers in the system when it beeps that it is on the correct car......so you can tell how many negative beeps a loader had even though the loader corrected it?

Jstpeachy

So basically as soon as this system was devised with a purpose, supervisors instructed the loaders to cheat the system and just scan the packages even if stacking out. Therefore, a scanned package does not by any stretch of the imagination prove that it was loaded onto the car, but does upper management know this or even care?

I’m not sure if they know or not, but scan percentage is the only thing they push in our building. Nothing about packages per hour etc like others have mentioned. We seem to have high numbers of misloads and the lower the scan percent is the more misloads we have that day asa building.

So I suppose scanning does assist less misloads, but still isn’t fail proof. And certainly a scan imo shouldn’t hold the driver accountable for a package because the only thing that shows is at some point the loader scanned the box and at some point after that the scan was cleared by one of several methods.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

To be honest we actually had an. I.E. Like yourself come down and tell the preloaders to f4 the eregs. Shaking my head at the stupidity that comes out of that department.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
So it registers in the system when it beeps that it is on the correct car......so you can tell how many negative beeps a loader had even though the loader corrected it?

yes

To be honest we actually had an. I.E. Like yourself come down and tell the preloaders to f4 the eregs. Shaking my head at the stupidity that comes out of that department.

don’t judge by departments or you might be pretty disappointed with drivers as a whole

i mean look at everything the Teamsters compromised on

maximum cuckery

lolbr

Can you explain to me why drivers are taught not to scan packages while pulling from the shelf, but loaders are taught to scan while pulling from cages?

They are both performing the same basic actions: Find a select few packages in a mixed group. Then move those select packages to a different spot. While doing so, get a scan on those packages to show those packages were serviced.

Ou812fu

yes

don’t judge by departments or you might be pretty disappointed with drivers as a whole

i mean look at everything the Teamsters compromised on

maximum cuckery
Drivers and any hourly workers as a whole are way more productive then any management team.

Most management that has a big picture of the company would agree with that statement. Yeah you guys as in management are paid to get the most out of people, but in my perspective have lost all that ability to push people. With the implementation of fake and unrealistic numbers.

As per your statement we as drivers are worthless. That kind of mentality is not what has kept this company strong for the first 100 years. Your thought process has shown your total seperation on how you get the majority to work for you. Including management. Smh. I hope you are on your last five years, because if you aren't on your last five. Your future 20 are going to be talking through a lead glass door.

SafetyFirst

Scan percentage is all I hear the belt sups talking about.

Our preload has been wrapping 20-30 mins after driver start regularly. When drivers start they want the preloaders off the clock so we close out our own trucks in that time but the belt sups are always telling the preloaders to make sure everything that is stacked is scanned and I see them standing there scanning stacks of boxes and just banging the barcode on the back shelf of the car.

Those packages are scanned but in the chaos of a stacked out preload they could possibly end up on the wrong truck or possibly even left behind.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Drivers and any hourly workers as a whole are way more productive then any management team.

Most management that has a big picture of the company would agree with that statement. Yeah you guys as in management are paid to get the most out of people, but in my perspective have lost all that ability to push people. With the implementation of fake and unrealistic numbers.

As per your statement we as drivers are worthless. That kind of mentality is not what has kept this company strong for the first 100 years. Your thought process has shown your total seperation on how you get the majority to work for you. Including management. Smh. I hope you are on your last five years, because if you aren't on your last five. Your future 20 are going to be talking through a lead glass door.
you're illiterate, i never said drivers were worthless

go back and read my reply a couple dozen more times

JustDeliverIt

I get that it is not the most efficient, but it would be the only true way to hold drivers accountable. Managers want to enforce discipline for missed scans but with the stacks of scanned packages outside the truck and still getting misloaded, why bother scanning. It's honestly only being done to hit a % scan number. I'm sure it helps with the overall misloads, especially from the ones that occur earlier in the preload shift. But at the end when everyone is scanning and stacking to empty cages and hit 100% scan, misloads still occur. So what's the point.

Differentiating is fine, but scanners can pick up being at the back of the car or scanning the barcode in back still doesn't mean it went into the truck. There is too many ways for the package to be scanned into a car and still not get on.

PT Car Washer

I get that it is not the most efficient, but it would be the only true way to hold drivers accountable. Managers want to enforce discipline for missed scans but with the stacks of scanned packages outside the truck and still getting misloaded, why bother scanning. It's honestly only being done to hit a % scan number. I'm sure it helps with the overall misloads, especially from the ones that occur earlier in the preload shift. But at the end when everyone is scanning and stacking to empty cages and hit 100% scan, misloads still occur. So what's the point.

Differentiating is fine, but scanners can pick up being at the back of the car or scanning the barcode in back still doesn't mean it went into the truck. There is too many ways for the package to be scanned into a car and still not get on.
I had about a dozen packages Friday that I am sure were scanned, but I had to drive back to the building to pick up because they were not loaded on my package car in the morning.

Ou812fu

you're illiterate, i never said drivers were worthless

go back and read my reply a couple dozen more times
LOL, I'm the illiterate one? Read your own response. Dang. You know it isn't always the best play to try and be the sharpest tool in the shed. When you are made of glass.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

It also doesn't show a loader that grabs multiple packages for multiple cars and then walks in each one down the line. The scanner may read all the packages going into the first one and then show the next packages doing the same thing until all the ones are in the right car. It only shows missed scans for the first few cars when the loader was "maximizing the carry" as they were taught.

Ou812fu

It also doesn't show a loader that grabs multiple packages for multiple cars and then walks in each one down the line. The scanner may read all the packages going into the first one and then show the next packages doing the same thing until all the ones are in the right car. It only shows missed scans for the first few cars when the loader was "maximizing the carry" as they were taught.
You guys are making these guys look like brain children in their morning meetings. Let these above average IQ people figure out the issues.

Utility81

Not salt. They just claim it was loaded because it has a scan. I’ve seen loaders scanning packages and just piling them outside the car. That scan indicates it was “loaded.”
Drives me nuts. We have to send in message with last 4 saying what we are missing. Says loaded on car.. ok I don’t see it. Or, oh that’s a surepost so we don’t know where it is. Lastly my fav, it’s LIB. Don’t you all have ppl that make an LIB scan so I’m not digging in this 130 degree box looking for something that’s not there.