No time off for the 4th

McFeely

Huge Member
Last time I checked, we're not an office. All retail stores are open. UPS, Amazon, USPS and DHL don't get Friday/Monday off. Why is this even a question? Every time New Years, 4th of July and Christmas fell on a Saturday or Sunday in the past, we didn't have an extra day off. This must be a Millennial thing.

You asked how many companies would get Friday or Monday off. I answered based off of my experience (as well as many of my customers). Not sure what beef you have with my answer.

FX Freight gets Friday the 3rd off too.

Oh yeah, I have Friday the 3rd off as well so it doesn’t really matter to me. Not a millennial either.

:shrugs:

bacha29

Last time I checked, we're not an office. All retail stores are open. UPS, Amazon, USPS and DHL don't get Friday/Monday off. Why is this even a question? Every time New Years, 4th of July and Christmas fell on a Saturday or Sunday in the past, we didn't have an extra day off. This must be a Millennial thing.
Look man, the issue is the accelerated rate of deterioration in the quality of the employment and daily work experience. If you want to see what's in store for employees company wide regardless of OPCO just take a look at conditions at Ground .

No health insurance, No pension/disability plan. No paid sick days. You're lucky if you can get a week's paid vacation out of a contractor and it's rapidly transitioning to a mandatory 6/70 work week. That's right, 6 days and up to the maximum 70 hours.

Yeah, we've heard it all before from a very small number of contractors who say they pay a bit better but what most won't tell you is that they pay on piece rate. They pay by the stop and package which is really nothing more than trendy share cropping.

If this is the kind of work experience you think you would enjoy simply move over to Ground. There's plenty of openings........thousands of them in fact. Just run a Ground route for a couple of days and you'll discover why there's so many of them.

It will be fine

Look man, the issue is the accelerated rate of deterioration in the quality of the employment and daily work experience. If you want to see what's in store for employees company wide regardless of OPCO just take a look at conditions at Ground .

No health insurance, No pension/disability plan. No paid sick days. You're lucky if you can get a week's paid vacation out of a contractor and it's rapidly transitioning to a mandatory 6/70 work week. That's right, 6 days and up to the maximum 70 hours.

Yeah, we've heard it all before from a very small number of contractors who say they pay a bit better but what most won't tell you is that they pay on piece rate. They pay by the stop and package which is really nothing more than trendy share cropping.

If this is the kind of work experience you think you would enjoy simply move over to Ground. There's plenty of openings........thousands of them in fact. Just run a Ground route for a couple of days and you'll discover why there's so many of them.
60B22EC3-C734-42C3-8C68-C54C749A9239.gif

!Retired!

Heaven forbid you get any time off for yourself.

Thanks anyway for you input there Mr. Kool-Aid.
You don't get weekends off, 6 paid holidays a year (whether they're on the day you work or not, 4 off guaranteed), vacation time, 2 personal days and 2 floaters. I'm sorry. A 20 year employee works approx 225 days a year (that's 7 1/2 months out of 12). If you feel that's to much, I can't help that. Call me Mr Kool-Aid, purple blood, whatever. Means beans to me...I'm just telling it like it is. You don't like it....block me.

Why would I switch? I don't complain on here how :censored2:ty the company is.

bacha29

You don't get weekends off, 6 paid holidays a year (whether they're on the day you work or not, 4 off guaranteed), vacation time, 2 personal days and 2 floaters. I'm sorry. A 20 year employee works approx 225 days a year (that's 7 1/2 months out of 12). If you feel that's to much, I can't help that. Call me Mr Kool-Aid, purple blood, whatever. Means beans to me...I'm just telling it like it is. You don't like it....block me.

Why would I switch? I don't complain on here how :censored2:ty the company is.
May I remind you that if you are a nonunion "at will" employee there is absolutely nothing standing in the way of that company completely rescinding that compensation plan in a heartbeat, replacing it with a far lower pay scale and outside of quitting there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

AB831

*too

AB831

May I remind you that if you are a nonunion "at will" employee there is absolutely nothing standing in the way of that company completely rescinding that compensation plan in a heartbeat, replacing it with a far lower pay scale and outside of quitting there's not a damn thing you can do about it.
Yup. A lot of Express employees are in denial about this, but the time to heed the warning bells is now.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I have been saying this for YEARS but got nothing but grief.

race to the bottom........ that is why you need unions ......even they are losing their powers but at least you can keep your head above water..........for now.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you want to see what's in store for employees company wide regardless of OPCO just take a look at conditions at Ground

According to you, Ground suffers from turnover rates so high that it renders the business model unsustainable. Why would other opcos subject themselves to a similar fate?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
According to you, Ground suffers from turnover rates so high that it renders the business model unsustainable. Why would other opcos subject themselves to a similar fate?
It’s not up to the opcos. It’s up to your biological dad, Fred. He’s got a wonderful track record of boneheaded decisions (like wanting to name you Zapmail Jr. but your mom vetoed the idea) just give him time before he launches his opco wide fubar program.

!Retired!

You don't have to remind me. But, I have other things to worry about than if I'll be fired tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll go in, do my job and enjoy the check at the end of the week. If I hated my job or the company that I work for as much as some of the people on here, I'd have been gone a long time ago

bacha29

If it were not for the censors at Express you would have heard about Oak Park Michigan, Hampton Virginia where boxes were piled up outside with tarps thrown over them and the LA debacle last peak where 300+ loaded trailers were parked and backed up waiting to get unloaded. And given that conditions such as this appear to becoming more numerous or at least more publicized the questions will no doubt very soon surround the reliability if not the sustainability of the network in the face of the ever increasing demands being placed on a 1985 era business model that had significant limitations built right into it.

AB831

You don't have to remind me. But, I have other things to worry about than if I'll be fired tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll go in, do my job and enjoy the check at the end of the week. If I hated my job or the company that I work for as much as some of the people on here, I'd have been gone a long time ago
You are truly an American hero

AB831

If it were not for the censors at Express you would have heard about Oak Park Michigan, Hampton Virginia where boxes were piled up outside with tarps thrown over them and the LA debacle last peak where 300+ loaded trailers were parked and backed up waiting to get unloaded. And given that conditions such as this appear to becoming more numerous or at least more publicized the questions will no doubt very soon surround the reliability if not the sustainability of the network in the face of the ever increasing demands being placed on a 1985 era business model that had significant limitations built right into it.
You keep offering up facts and the only rebuttal I keep seeing is “well who else are they going to turn to?”