No time off for the 4th

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What they used to do when a holiday fell like that was to give us a floating holiday to use at another time. I’d much rather that than to only get paid holiday cash.

AB831

When you swore a purple oath to work for the greatest company in the entire world, you should have expected there to be sacrifices. God bless America, and God bless FedEx.

Artee

At our location they are not going to let you do it before the holiday, but you have 90 days after the 4th to take an unpaid day off. It is unpaid because you will be getting paid for the Saturday the 4th. I will be look at the calendar today and choosing my day off.

Maui

At our location they are not going to let you do it before the holiday, but you have 90 days after the 4th to take an unpaid day off. It is unpaid because you will be getting paid for the Saturday the 4th. I will be look at the calendar today and choosing my day off.

I'd get clarification as that is not the policy. If the 4th is paid as holiday cash, then there should not be another day off. If the alternate day off option is chosen/allowed, then there should be no pay for the 4th and holiday pay for the day employees are approved within 90 days.

Holiday cash is paid at regular time. Holiday pay counts toward OT.

Artee

I'd get clarification as that is not the policy. If the 4th is paid as holiday cash, then there should not be another day off. If the alternate day off option is chosen/allowed, then there should be no pay for the 4th and holiday pay for the day employees are approved within 90 days.

Holiday cash is paid at regular time. Holiday pay counts toward OT.
I have never heard of holiday cash. What is the difference between holiday pay?

For the past 28 years I have been here, it states in P&P that if a holiday falls on a day, when you are scheduled off, then you can elect to take a day off within 90 days of the holiday. I believe that day can be 90 days before or 90 days after the holiday. My boss said we are just going to do the 90 after. Its an unpaid day off since everyone will be getting paid on Saturday the 4th. I imagine the reason they pay everyone out on the 4th, is because most people will not take the day off without pay later down the road. I will probably not put in for that day off until after the 4th and the company is not going to sit around wondering if the should pay me for the 4th or hold off in case I take a day off later on. They just pay everyone on the 4th and be done with it. If you want the day off you are owed, go ahead and take it, but its unpaid because they have already paid you for it on the actual holiday.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I have never heard of holiday cash. What is the difference between holiday pay?

For the past 28 years I have been here, it states in P&P that if a holiday falls on a day, when you are scheduled off, then you can elect to take a day off within 90 days of the holiday.

That is at the discretion of management.

!Retired!

Every office job I had prior to FedEx would close on Fri/Mon if the holiday was on a weekend. Pretty standard at a lot of offices around here.
Last time I checked, we're not an office. All retail stores are open. UPS, Amazon, USPS and DHL don't get Friday/Monday off. Why is this even a question? Every time New Years, 4th of July and Christmas fell on a Saturday or Sunday in the past, we didn't have an extra day off. This must be a Millennial thing.

AB831

Last time I checked, we're not an office. All retail stores are open. UPS, Amazon, USPS and DHL don't get Friday/Monday off. Why is this even a question? Every time New Years, 4th of July and Christmas fell on a Saturday or Sunday in the past, we didn't have an extra day off. This must be a Millennial thing.
And screaming at service industry workers and refusing to wear a mask must be a boomer thing. What's your point? He said he's worked many jobs that gave Friday/Monday off when the holiday fell on a weekend. What does that have to do with generational shortcomings?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Heaven forbid you get any time off for yourself.

Thanks anyway for you input there Mr. Kool-Aid.