No time off for the 4th

Spam

Thanks, man. I mean, I definitely have some anxiety heading into it. I feel like a crotchety old man with the amount of time I spend reading about county budgets and stuff like that, but it’s imperative to stay well informed because it’s going to affect me majorly in the next two to three years. As you are doing, I implore people at FedEx to pay that same careful attention to what’s going on in the company and prepare accordingly, but it seems like most of them prefer to bury their heads in the sand give half-baked reasons for why it’ll “never happen to us.”

Attachments

• DCCD42FC-6973-4164-960C-8885A30DD245.jpeg
    DCCD42FC-6973-4164-960C-8885A30DD245.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 2D99D90C-BA29-4865-9E0A-673032EC5B4E.jpeg
    2D99D90C-BA29-4865-9E0A-673032EC5B4E.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 100

bacha29

Laugh if you want because chances are you are one of the people AB831 says is in denial. Perhaps not but try this on for size. Your master Fat Freddy announced on Friday that it's taking a 370 million dollar charge against earnings ,nearly all of it attributed to Fedex Office alone.

And if you noticed they've been taking quite few charges against earnings over the past couple of years.

Your beloved company is like the guy you see driving around in his 2002 Cavalier despite the fact that he has an entire garage full of expensive luxury cars just sitting there because he can't afford to license , insure and run them.......And right now Ground is the Cavalier in this case. It isn't pretty and still runs..........but for how long?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Laugh if you want because chances are you are one of the people AB831 says is in denial. Perhaps not but try this on for size. Your master Fat Freddy announced on Friday that it's taking a 370 million dollar charge against earnings ,nearly all of it attributed to Fedex Office alone.

And if you noticed they've been taking quite few charges against earnings over the past couple of years.

Your beloved company is like the guy you see driving around in his 2002 Cavalier despite the fact that he has an entire garage full of expensive luxury cars just sitting there because he can't afford to license , insure and run them.......And right now Ground is the Cavalier in this case. It isn't pretty and still runs..........but for how long?

You have the unique talent at looking at random events, either individually or collectively, without regard to their size, scope, impact, importance, or nature, and always reaching the same conclusion. As the old saying suggests, when your only tool is a hammer then everything else looks like a nail.

How many years of successful growth does Ground have to demonstrate before you finally see the light?

bacha29

You have the unique talent at looking at random events, either individually or collectively, without regard to their size, scope, impact, importance, or nature, and always reaching the same conclusion. As the old saying suggests, when your only tool is a hammer then everything else looks like a nail.

How many years of successful growth does Ground have to demonstrate before you finally see the light?
When it reaches the inevitable tipping point when it can no longer shoulder the increasingly heavy burden of carrying the entire corporation around on it's back and there are no longer enough people willing to lug furniture up 3 flights of stairs while a person over at Express is delivering letters, documents and jewelry boxes for nearly twice the wage and full benefits.

That is when the "years of successful growth" will come to an end.......Unfortunately in your case having made too many trips to the academy you're incapable of "seeing the light" emitted from any source other than the one Fat Freddy has you conditioned to see.

It will be fine

When it reaches the inevitable tipping point when it can no longer shoulder the increasingly heavy burden of carrying the entire corporation around on it's back and there are no longer enough people willing to lug furniture up 3 flights of stairs while a person over at Express is delivering letters, documents and jewelry boxes for nearly twice the wage and full benefits.

That is when the "years of successful growth" will come to an end.......Unfortunately in your case having made too many trips to the academy you're incapable of "seeing the light" emitted from any source other than the one Fat Freddy has you conditioned to see.
I don’t think you understand markets. If corporate isn’t attracting enough workers they will increase the compensation offered to meet the need. The system doesn’t magically collapse on itself just because that’s a dream of yours.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I don’t think you understand markets. If corporate isn’t attracting enough workers they will increase the compensation offered to meet the need. The system doesn’t magically collapse on itself just because that’s a dream of yours.
That's your dream.

I can more likely see Fred and his buddies not letting go of cheap labor values until it's too late.

bacha29

Apparently it hasn't been increasing fast enough because the number of desperate pleas for more help doesn't appear to becoming fewer in number. Furthermore as a contractor your settlement is based on a pay rate Fat Freddy determines . He's only going to give you a limited amount of bait with which to go fishing for people and nobody bites on it.....that's you're problem. Sure, you can go a bit above that rate but not by much because the per hour constraints are still there.

In fact if you look at the contractor help wanted ads , it's plain to see that the rate they offer hasn't gone up by any appreciable amount in years.

So don't try to feed me that nonsense about raising pay. In fact package handler pay at the stations in my area starts out at $11.70 an hour and doesn't increase much beyond it.

It will be fine

Apparently it hasn't been increasing fast enough because the number of desperate pleas for more help doesn't appear to becoming fewer in number. Furthermore as a contractor your settlement is based on a pay rate Fat Freddy determines . He's only going to give you a limited amount of bait with which to go fishing for people and nobody bites on it.....that's you're problem. Sure, you can go a bit above that rate but not by much because the per hour constraints are still there.

In fact if you look at the contractor help wanted ads , it's plain to see that the rate they offer hasn't gone up by any appreciable amount in years.

So don't try to feed me that nonsense about raising pay. In fact package handler pay at the stations in my area starts out at $11.70 an hour and doesn't increase much beyond it.
People still do the work. Your hysterical nonsense doesn’t change that fact.

bacha29

People still do the work. Your hysterical nonsense doesn’t change that fact.
Until they see that they can get more......a lot more someplace else. Then it's "hasta lavista baby" and that too is a fact, Jack. And another fact is that in much of the country you can't just pull another one off the rack.... Jack. Or stick your hand out the window an pluck one off the tree ........Lee.

AB831

Until they see that they can get more......a lot more someplace else. Then it's "hasta lavista baby" and that too is a fact, Jack. And another fact is that in much of the country you can't just pull another one off the rack.... Jack. Or stick your hand out the window an pluck one off the tree ........Lee.
As Paul Simon once said, “you don’t have to be coy, Roy.”

59 Dano

When it reaches the inevitable tipping point when it can no longer shoulder the increasingly heavy burden of carrying the entire corporation around on it's back

For someone who spits out random numbers like they mean something, you manage to miss meaningful numbers that mean something. What makes you think Ground carries the corporation? Their net income for FY19 was $2.6 billion. The net income of Express was $2.1 billion.

You're lost.

59 Dano

If there are all these better jobs that are there for the taking, why do they bother with Ground in the first place?

bacha29

I have an ad up always. It takes time to process drivers. If I need one right away or not the ad stays up and my recruiter works, that’s what I pay her for.
Nice to be able to hire somebody to do your bidding or should I say lying for you? What they tell that applicant no matter how far removed from the truth it may be is of no concern to you just as long as they can get them in that truck.