No UPS label on package

Xexys

Retired and Happy
It was an RMA through EVGA. Defective graphics card.

After I wrote that I thought of EVGA. I knew I remembered that shipper number from one of the two.

Have you returned anything in the past to them? I've had very good results with EVGA in the past. If you buy one of their top of the line cards or even 3rd or 4th best cards, you have a lifetime warranty. I returned a GTX 8800 after more than 3 years and they gave me a GTX 290 for a replacement. Great company...good luck!

Xexys

Retired and Happy
UPS: Tracking Information

Click 'Track by Reference'

edit

What is a shipment reference?
A shipment reference is an identifier that you define by completing the "reference" fields during the shipping process. This reference could be a purchase order (PO) number, a customer number, a company name, a Bill of Lading number, or a phrase that identifies that shipment -- such as "10 crates" or "gift for Mom." Shipment references can be any combination of letters and numbers up to 35 characters.

Furthermore, if the clerk is equipped with a special scanner (help me here, I've forgotten the name of it) he can scan the square box on all UPS shipping labels and obtain crazy amounts of information. We only had one of these scanners at the Meadowlands and they kept it unavailable to us. Said it was in it's infancy and trial period so we couldn't use it. I used it a couple of times and the information that it holds is amazing. Hopefully, UPS has these available to all clerks now as it would make their job so much easier.

rick_osu

After I wrote that I thought of EVGA. I knew I remembered that shipper number from one of the two.

Have you returned anything in the past to them? I've had very good results with EVGA in the past. If you buy one of their top of the line cards or even 3rd or 4th best cards, you have a lifetime warranty. I returned a GTX 8800 after more than 3 years and they gave me a GTX 290 for a replacement. Great company...good luck!

This is my first time with an evga card. I'm coming over from an ati powered system. I was returning a gtx 680, so it should have a lifetime warranty, if what you say is correct. I have heard terrific things about their customer service, thought, so hopefully things will be smoothed out soon.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
This is my first time with an evga card. I'm coming over from an ati powered system. I was returning a gtx 680, so it should have a lifetime warranty, if what you say is correct. I have heard terrific things about their customer service, thought, so hopefully things will be smoothed out soon.

Yes, I've built four systems with Intel/EVGA cards and I will never go back to ATI. Even though ATI is less money, you always get what you pay for in electronics...always!

Xexys

Retired and Happy
If that package had crossed my desk when I was clerking, I would've just slapped a label on it and used my center number as the shipper. That action would prompt you to always insist on using UPS in the future. It's the little things that we do that the public never sees that keeps us number 1.

rick_osu

Yeah, it's an unfortunate situation all the way around. I sent them the processing label that EVGA provided me, so I'm guessing that a tracking number was just recycled. I don't know.

rick_osu

Well, UPS has no clue where the box is. They said that if it was on it's way back to me, I would have had it by now. I'll take it as a lesson learned.