No Ups managers allowed

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
All UPS employees are welcome on this site. I have always wanted to hear a different point of view about why the company does certain things. Most of my management team will privately agree that things are wrong and they are just as frustrated with stupid policies the company comes out with.

As a pre-load supervisor, I can confirm that we get very frustrated with decisions made by corporate, in fact we probably complain more about them than you guys do. You know what they say, :censored3: rolls down hill...

I love this forum. I have learned so much from you guys, in fact I feel like more supes should join or at least lurk around for a while so they can see things from the other perspective and learn from it to hopefully improve things for their employees. I think it's stupid how we are not supposed to talk about this forum, and basically anything dealing with the Union side of things in management. We should be allowed to encourage our team to learn about the union and what their rights are, and then support them when they need to exercise those rights instead of staying out of it, but it is what it is. I guess if we were able to talk about union business openly then nothing would really stop supes from discouraging it instead of supporting it.

Life was so much easier when I was a loader.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
I know for a fact that in my area quite a few managers have logins for this site. I feel they shouldn't be able to view or enter any forum pertaining to union comments or thoughts . We are not allowed in managers meetings .Is there a way possible to stop this

You want to experience a management meeting?
"Your building delivered 51,000 packages today but 10 of them were left behind and you were 1.9 hours over, please give me a reason not to fire you over this and do not say that it's because 8 people called out, 4 never showed, 3 new hires quit, your best pt supervisors were off since they were over 29, the rest of them had to leave early, the air was late, the boxline derailed and took out 2 trucks, there was a bomb threat, a tornado, a fire, another bomb threat, 8 jams from irregs at the highest least accessible point in the building and then another bomb threat right before unload went down because those are not valid excuses as to why you suck so much at your job, just like you do at everything else in your life. Stop crying and prepare the sacrifice in a hurry if you want to keep your job, David Abney is running late to his appointment to punch a child at 10:30 thanks to your poor performance today, and if he misses that then God help us all. Oh, and great job today. Keep it up."

You're welcome.

Dr.Brownz

As a pre-load supervisor, I can confirm that we get very frustrated with decisions made by corporate, in fact we probably complain more about them than you guys do. You know what they say, :censored3: rolls down hill...

I love this forum. I have learned so much from you guys, in fact I feel like more supes should join or at least lurk around for a while so they can see things from the other perspective and learn from it to hopefully improve things for their employees. I think it's stupid how we are not supposed to talk about this forum, and basically anything dealing with the Union side of things in management. We should be allowed to encourage our team to learn about the union and what their rights are, and then support them when they need to exercise those rights instead of staying out of it, but it is what it is. I guess if we were able to talk about union business openly then nothing would really stop supes from discouraging it instead of supporting it.

Life was so much easier when I was a loader.

So you are saying in management school, they specifically told you to not tell employees about their union rights?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You want to experience a management meeting?
"Your building delivered 51,000 packages today but 10 of them were left behind and you were 1.9 hours over, please give me a reason not to fire you over this and do not say that it's because 8 people called out, 4 never showed, 3 new hires quit, your best pt supervisors were off since they were over 29, the rest of them had to leave early, the air was late, the boxline derailed and took out 2 trucks, there was a bomb threat, a tornado, a fire, another bomb threat, 8 jams from irregs at the highest least accessible point in the building and then another bomb threat right before unload went down because those are not valid excuses as to why you suck so much at your job, just like you do at everything else in your life. Stop crying and prepare the sacrifice in a hurry if you want to keep your job, David Abney is running late to his appointment to punch a child at 10:30 thanks to your poor performance today, and if he misses that then God help us all. Oh, and great job today. Keep it up."

You're welcome.
5CA8A4B8-EE6D-448E-A9FA-1A804548B39E.gif

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
So you are saying in management school, they specifically told you to not tell employees about their union rights?

No, not at all, just in our hub we have to be careful about what we talk about when dealing with Union issues. I don't know if it is like that everywhere, but do I know we are not supposed to talk about the contract stuff, period, they were very clear on that, or prevent Union reps from giving out information, yada yada, you get the idea.

I hope the wage increase attracts more serious people, I'm running low on blue vests and kids these days never take it off and leave it before they go to "the bathroom."

The dark side

All UPS employees are welcome on this site. I have always wanted to hear a different point of view about why the company does certain things. Most of my management team will privately agree that things are wrong and they are just as frustrated with stupid policies the company comes out with.

I love coming onto here to read up on what the workers have to say about their hubs. Im a pt supe and even the culture itself is different on every sort. Thats what i find interesting about what you guys have to say from around the nation.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
No, not at all, just in our hub we have to be careful about what we talk about when dealing with Union issues. I don't know if it is like that everywhere, but do I know we are not supposed to talk about the contract stuff, period, they were very clear on that, or prevent Union reps from giving out information, yada yada, you get the idea.

I hope the wage increase attracts more serious people, I'm running low on blue vests and kids these days never take it off and leave it before they go to "the bathroom."
We already did away with them but some of the kids from a month ago still have them on like some kind of trophy.