No vacations last two weeks of July through August in 2023.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
All the fantasy ITT about sups sweating during a strike

Only thing that would move would be premiums but maybe through a ground gypsy network, we can drag in enough PVDs for that to not be doing much work ourselves

HavenoEDD

Surprised no one is talking about this....

Not sure if this is company wide or region/district level.

No management vacations allowed last two weeks of July and all of August next year. We all know why.

Some people, especially those with children in school are probably not gonna be happy....
😈 hahahaha

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

Only thing that would move would be premiums but maybe through a ground gypsy network, we can drag in enough PVDs for that to not be doing much work ourselves
It takes them 8hrs to do 60 tight resi stops. They have to make 3+ trips. Ok buddy

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
All jokes aside I am confident in our management team to get the work done in a timely and professional manner for us.

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Oh ,, it's hot & the car is a mess ??
I'm sorry,. Drink plenty of water see what you can do and call back in an hour ,,,, make it happen

dudebro

Last time management pilots operated aircraft on critical routes to keep some revenue. We loaded a 747 per day out of Newark to Louisville with NYC origin 1DA and 2DA, and some big companies in North NJ.

That said, it's nowhere near enough without the Teamster Union members doing their jobs.

John D

I would be surprised if this rumor happens. It's a younger generation of sups now. They will simply quit or go to their doctor getting a note to put them out of work. They aren't locked in like the old timers with pensions, etc. UPS can adjust or they can not adjust and suffer. There was a recent meeting with a corporate lady this is traveling around the country. She admitted they are having massive problems keeping younger sups. It was refreshing to see the younger sups tell her why - they get no pension, etc. What is the incentive to become a sup these days? Though many younger folk are against manual labor so there's that. Her responses were comical. We all just shrugged after, knowing nothing will likely change.

Fenris

I would be surprised if this rumor happens. It's a younger generation of sups now. They will simply quit or go to their doctor getting a note to put them out of work. They aren't locked in like the old timers with pensions, etc. UPS can adjust or they can not adjust and suffer. There was a recent meeting with a corporate lady this is traveling around the country. She admitted they are having massive problems keeping younger sups. It was refreshing to see the younger sups tell her why - they get no pension, etc. What is the incentive to become a sup these days? Though many younger folk are against manual labor so there's that. Her responses were comical. We all just shrugged after, knowing nothing will likely change.
Any young person who would prefer a pension to a good 401K match doesn't understand the pitfalls and hnadcuffs of a pension nor the value of owning your assets outright. Most people don't and it took me a while to realize it.

Mplayers2006

The Most Hated Troll 😈
Haven’t heard of any blackout dates, besides peak, for 2023. Either way I am looking forward to see a contract that is a win for all of us including our customers. I believe carol will fight the good fight for it and president biden, along with republican law makers will support UPS if the teamsters strike.