No women-no minorities

Packmule

I attended a retirement party last night for two female friends who finally retired from UPS. One had 37 years and one had 34. Both were part time. They told me that now that they are gone there are NO women or minority hourly employees at the center. I'm guessing there are probably 50 to 60 hourly at that building--all white guys now. They said there was an African American there a month ago but he only worked 3 days and quit. Since 1971 when I started I can only think of maybe 4 minorities who worked there but only one of them (an American Indian) lasted more than a week or two. There just doesn't seen to be a great work incentive among the minorities. Any comments? Before anyone says anything about hiring quotas I will say that the minority crowd don't even apply for the jobs being offered.
I semi agree. Lately the numbers have changed, but for a long time it was as you described. If they started they either got hurt or quit.

czalinsky

What does being gay or straight have anything to do with it?
As far as why women don't last as PTers or long enough to become drivers at UPS? They can't handle the work and/or don't have a thick enough skin. There's no crying as UPS...if you ever want anyone to take you seriously. I understand the frustration, but cry on your own time. It may sound heartless, but it's how it is. Management loves to prey on the weak.
WOWOWOWOWOW!!!! You are a HUGE :censored2:. My center would rather hire a woman. Their Quote "Women work harder and do a much better job then the men, 99% of the time"
We have SO MANY "guys" come through our center that end up quitting with-in a week. Only once has a girl left the 1st week in the 5 years I've been there. We have a great center....

Packmule

Women are usually some of the most loved by customers drivers we have. Most just won't put up with the hours and, perhaps, if we all took that attitude families would still be families.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
WOWOWOWOWOW!!!! You are a HUGE :censored2:. My center would rather hire a woman. Their Quote "Women work harder and do a much better job then the me n, 99% of the time"
We have SO MANY "guys" come through our center that end up quitting with-in a week. Only once has a girl left the 1st week in the 5 years I've been there. We have a great center....
No, actually, I'm a woman..and everything I stated in my better part of a decade in preload is accurate from what I've seen come and go. And I'm speaking as the only female loader out of 85 or so in my building...plus one seasonal chick. Does it apply to every building? No. And yes I'm well aware of
how hard women work at UPS...but we don't necesaarily work harder than men...we just have more that we have to prove....especially in the beginning.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
What the heii are you trying to say here

Have you ever thought it is just your area or maybe the ones that do come in have to deal with your kind of thinking towards their race and it pushes them out

Or are you just a big dick and think other races are just worthless

I would rather be known as a big dick than a little dick

oldngray

nowhere special
h56CE8157.jpg
just look out your bedroom window!