No women-no minorities

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Target loss prevention called a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot. My partner and I were only a couple blocks away so we took the call. I got there 1st find this little Honda CRX with two naked beached whales inside. Car looks like some type of explosion went off inside. Blood guts and other bodily fluids all over the windows. For sure thought it was a crime scene.

Mrs. Shamu pooped and pissed all over the place while they were procreating. Dumbo the trunkless elephant puked as a result of this and tried to get out of the car naked and quickly. Mind you, both these folks combined weighed is about 700lbs in this little Honda. He cuts his leg and johnson on the e-brake lever, bleeding everywhere. Mrs. Shamu is stuck with her :censored2: and ankles between steering wheel and e-brake / shift lever.

Just as my fairly rookie partner rolls up, I tell him to make contact the occupants while I made contact with Target LP. Hero tries to free the two beached whales, get poop, pee, and vomit all over him. He pukes, falls out of car and rolls around the ground like he is stop dropping and rolling for a fire. Ambulance and patrol Sgt. rolls up to see me laughing, him rolling, and them stuck together like wet noodles. Fire arrives and cuts everyone out. That had to be one of the funniest days I can remember...my partner just didn't find the humor in it though.
Target loss prevention called a suspicious vehicle in the parking lot. My partner and I were only a couple blocks away so we took the call. I got there 1st find this little Honda CRX with two naked beached whales inside. Car looks like some type of explosion went off inside. Blood guts and other bodily fluids all over the windows. For sure thought it was a crime scene.

Mrs. Shamu pooped and pissed all over the place while they were procreating. Dumbo the trunkless elephant puked as a result of this and tried to get out of the car naked and quickly. Mind you, both these folks combined weighed is about 700lbs in this little Honda. He cuts his leg and johnson on the e-brake lever, bleeding everywhere. Mrs. Shamu is stuck with her :censored2: and ankles between steering wheel and e-brake / shift lever.

Just as my fairly rookie partner rolls up, I tell him to make contact the occupants while I made contact with Target LP. Hero tries to free the two beached whales, get poop, pee, and vomit all over him. He pukes, falls out of car and rolls around the ground like he is stop dropping and rolling for a fire. Ambulance and patrol Sgt. rolls up to see me laughing, him rolling, and them stuck together like wet noodles. Fire arrives and cuts everyone out. That had to be one of the funniest days I can remember...my partner just didn't find the humor in it though.

thanks a lot ! I was eating as I was reading that... barf... lol

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I attended a retirement party last night for two female friends who finally retired from UPS. One had 37 years and one had 34. Both were part time. They told me that now that they are gone there are NO women or minority hourly employees at the center. I'm guessing there are probably 50 to 60 hourly at that building--all white guys now. They said there was an African American there a month ago but he only worked 3 days and quit. Since 1971 when I started I can only think of maybe 4 minorities who worked there but only one of them (an American Indian) lasted more than a week or two. There just doesn't seen to be a great work incentive among the minorities. Any comments? Before anyone says anything about hiring quotas I will say that the minority crowd don't even apply for the jobs being offered.
NOT COOL IN THE LEAST LITTLE BIT WHATS SO EVER AT ALL. UNACCEPTABLE.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I attended a retirement party last night for two female friends who finally retired from UPS. One had 37 years and one had 34. Both were part time. They told me that now that they are gone there are NO women or minority hourly employees at the center. I'm guessing there are probably 50 to 60 hourly at that building--all white guys now. They said there was an African American there a month ago but he only worked 3 days and quit. Since 1971 when I started I can only think of maybe 4 minorities who worked there but only one of them (an American Indian) lasted more than a week or two. There just doesn't seen to be a great work incentive among the minorities. Any comments? Before anyone says anything about hiring quotas I will say that the minority crowd don't even apply for the jobs being offered.
I'm late to the party but in my hub it is 90% black and probably 70% men. You must live up north, or just in a prominent white area. It all just depends on your area. I mean there aren't a lot of white people in this area so of course there are going to be fair less working at UPS. I don't think it has anything to do with race. I will however say I think our HR women are racist. I have seen them bring interviewees in and I will see the black people get hired and never see the white people again. Nothing against black people, I just think the HR woman is a racist biznitch.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Which plantation do you work at?
I mean it's kinda funny but then again not. I would say a large percentage of the drivers have 4 year degrees and could easily survive without this job. Most of the minority's this is by far the best opportunity they will have. Yet they either just plane have no interest in driving or their record means they can't.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I will however say I think our HR women are racist. I have seen them bring interviewees in and I will see the black people get hired and never see the white people again. Nothing against black people, I just think the HR woman is a racist biznitch.
Most of the HR employees are minorities and they have quotas to meet. It ain't pretty but it's the world we live in.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Most of the HR employees are minorities and they have quotas to meet. It ain't pretty but it's the world we live in.
No, I understand that if there is a quota on black or women that is just how it is. My problem is that is all they are hiring. If 90% of the city is black, then 90% of UPS will probably be black. But the problem is I see white or mexicans come in and never see them again, and whenever I went to HR for anything I usually left more pissed off than when I came in, yet if a black person went in it was with open arms. Basically my point being they just need to fire the racist c u next tuesday and get a different lady in there that is actually not an ignorant bitch. You can't though or she would sue I'm sure.

jaker

trolling
No, I understand that if there is a quota on black or women that is just how it is. My problem is that is all they are hiring. If 90% of the city is black, then 90% of UPS will probably be black. But the problem is I see white or mexicans come in and never see them again, and whenever I went to HR for anything I usually left more pissed off than when I came in, yet if a black person went in it was with open arms. Basically my point being they just need to fire the racist c u next tuesday and get a different lady in there that is actually not an ignorant bitch. You can't though or she would sue I'm sure.
Well read the post two above yours about how the whites have 4 year degrees and can live without UPS and the others better be glad that they have this job

upschuck

The only quota HR has, is that they have to hire the same percentage that interview. If 95% of interview is ?, then 95% of new hires must be ?.

ups1990

Hum, before anyone says anything about hiring quotas . It seems to me that at my center white males don't apply for jobs. How stupid does this comment sound? Very dumb right. Because you don't see minorities in your former center doesn't mean they don't apply at UPS. Our center has a very large minority presence, in fact they are the majority. Some parts of the country have low minority populations.

oldngray

nowhere special
In my center probably 30-40% of full timers were minorities but very few were part time. Not many minorities wanted to work for part time wages with UPS environment but most minorities who wanted to work stayed and became full time.

upschuck

Just because the current makeup is not a representative of the current local population, doesn't mean they were not hired. They can only hire people that apply for the job, and HR needs to keep the ratio mention above(interview:hire) equal.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm late to the party but in my hub it is 90% black and probably 70% men. You must live up north, or just in a prominent white area. It all just depends on your area. I mean there aren't a lot of white people in this area so of course there are going to be fair less working at UPS. I don't think it has anything to do with race. I will however say I think our HR women are racist. I have seen them bring interviewees in and I will see the black people get hired and never see the white people again. Nothing against black people, I just think the HR woman is a racist biznitch.

Yes I do live up north (mostly Norwegian/ Scandinavian American). We also have a large population of German Americans and Polish Americans. We do have a small African American population although there is more and more of them all the time. We do have a large Native American population in the area. All I was trying to say in this thread is that it is strange that women and minorities are nonexistent here at UPS.