Not getting ot?

UPSGUY72

Full timers don't work on Saturday's here.

They do here from May 1 to the second week in January since the last contract allowed for TCD. Now all the PT Air drivers bid TCD jobs and thus are on The FT driver list now. They can't put the jobs out to bid because once the Second week in January comes the TCD go back to PT and PT air drivers. So that being said they post a list each week for FT driver wanting to drive Sat Air Seniority rules.

They do here from May 1 to the second week in January since the last contract allowed for TCD. Now all the PT Air drivers bid TCD jobs and thus are on The FT driver list now. They can't put the jobs out to bid because once the Second week in January comes the TCD go back to PT and PT air drivers. So that being said they post a list each week for FT driver wanting to drive Sat Air Seniority rules.
We have regular temp drivers. That's who does the Saturday air.

AKCoverMan

I average 5-6. Hours per week.

Lately it's been 10-12 hrs o/t for me.

Been a busy week here.. I got 18.8 hours and it was a four day week!

I have found that unless you change your W-4 anything over 8 hours is giving money to the govt.

That's a misconception. Don't take my word for it run the numbers on a paycheck calculator like paycheck city.com.

I find my first ten hours of overtime are worth about $29.50 each in net pay after taxes, union dues, and 401k. The next ten hours are just slightly less, about $28.50 net each. I can guess my check amount within a few dollars by just going with the rule $185 per day plus $29 per hour of OT.

Of course your mileage will vary based on number of defendants, percentage of 401k deduction, etc. but the pattern will be similar.

I'm not saying the government doesn't take a lot but some people will say that you don't really make much more money for working overtime because "it all goes to taxes".

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
4O8N1TF.jpg

AKCoverMan

Had you read a bit more slowly you would have found that I said "anything over 8 hours is giving money to the govt".

Ok.. I took that to mean that working OT is only putting money in the governments pocket not your own. I've heard that misconception from many people.."the government takes it all".