Not paying double time

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
They where trying 2 play games on our pay scale for last Saturday’s work, saying it wasn’t a 6th punch ( amuse of the Holiday) and paying us at our regular rate
Same thing they tried at are building but in the end we won to

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We all got gold coins from Rod on Saturday.
71D4F233-D8A3-46EC-9758-75C26C2EC5F9.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Any word on the union agreeing to the 70 hr rule ?...they want every driver in Saturday “ time worked”

I don't think they need the union's permission during peak. They are supposed to take volunteers then force seasonals, 22.4's, then from bottom up on seniority.

It's called curiosity----I had never heard of that provision until this thread was started.

It's new with the current contract.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
the ?? i asked him.. do we get x2 time after 6hrs on the 6th punch.. his reply was only on a 7th punch..

Article 26 NMA

Any regular or Article 22.4 package car driver who volunteers or is forced to work over sixty (60) hours in a week pursuant to this paragraph will be compensated at double-time for those hours. This para- graph supersedes any provision in any Supplement, Rider or Ad- dendum which addresses this subject.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Actually, they were right-----the holiday does not count toward hours worked.

Actually, they were wrong, and so are you.

I've posted before, and there are more Supplements than just the Central with similar language.

But here is the Central. Saturday was all time and a half.

Article 8

Section 8

In a scheduled workweek in which there is a paid holiday, the guaranteed workweek shall be thirty-two (32) hours; in any scheduled workweek in which there are two (2) paid holidays, the guaranteed workweek shall be twenty-four (24) hours, etc. For hours worked in excess of thirty-two (32) or twenty-four (24) hours in a week, as applicable, an employee shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) time the regular straight-time rate, provided the holiday or holidays fall within the scheduled workweek.

barnyard

KTM rider
Any word on the union agreeing to the 70 hr rule ?...they want every driver in Saturday “ time worked”

That is what it has been in my center. The list is posted on Saturday morning with how many hours are available. Have to have at least 4 or 5 available. I will not have hours available this week.