Not recognized for 25 years of service

leastbest

LeastBest
Speaking of corporate monitors, I was told by an on-road sup that a couple of sups and the district manager were looking at the site and reading my posts. I offered to explain the big words to him.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Speaking of corporate monitors, I was told by an on-road sup that a couple of sups and the district manager were looking at the site and reading my posts. I offered to explain the big words to him.
And here I thought the Banjo and moustache were a great disguise.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'll bring this up in our weekly Monday morning meeting during the review of Brown Cafe trends.

I have seen this as a recurring sore spot with many UPSers posting here.

Don't know that anything can be done contracturally though.
Not everyone on here that is a sports fan will watch the hall of fame inductions yearly. But when someone that we grew up with watching them play, you can bet your ass that we are watching it. Just imagine not being able to watch the ceremonies! If MLB, NFL, NBA or even the NHL cancelled this program tha outrage it would receive from its fans. Especially if these associations where still making profits?

While your at it, tell Scott he sucks as the CEO and he is a disgrace to this company! Signed RED!

sano

Not everyone on here that is a sports fan will watch the hall of fame inductions yearly. But when someone that we grew up with watching them play, you can bet your ass that we are watching it. Just imagine not being able to watch the ceremonies! If MLB, NFL, NBA or even the NHL cancelled this program tha outrage it would receive from its fans. Especially if these associations where still making profits?

While your at it, tell Scott he sucks as the CEO and he is a disgrace to this company! Signed RED!
If we are looking at sports analogies, maybe we should see about getting Scott Boras to represent us instead of Hoffa.:happy-very:

Last edited:

705red

Browncafe Steward
If we are looking at sports analogies, maybe we should see about getting Scott Boras to represent us instead of Hoffa.:happy-very:
Maybe Scott might have held a teamster job growing up. Sounds like a much better canidate then who we have now!

FAVREFAN

I was told by a Feeder driver who is retiring soon that management won't even recognize their retirement. On their last day they are lucky if they get a "cya later."

I personally am fine with no recognition. Just show's my lack of care to have anything to do with most of my coworkers. But I understand completely why some people care.

I plan on ninja retiring if it's possible. I will just not be there one day. Hopefully a day when they really need extra drivers. I'm walking out the door with middle fingers held high. That's my retirement party.
You got my vote.

iowa boy

Just imagine what he could do! 3 year deal worth 46 mil for Manny (one person), with an opt out after the first to go free agent. Bet he wouldn't bend over table and spread 'em like Hoffa did for us.:biting:

FAVREFAN

I'll bring this up in our weekly Monday morning meeting during the review of Brown Cafe trends.

I have seen this as a recurring sore spot with many UPSers posting here.

Don't know that anything can be done contracturally though.
Yeah, and while your at it, tell the big guy that he's losing us quickly. Since the day he took over, it's been cut, cut, cut. Would the turkeys have cost the company that much? How dare he f_ck with that tradition! Oh, I'm sorry, he doesn't remember how much our history and tradition are a part of our fabric at UPS because he came from the outside. Remember, it's the little things that make the difference.(Circle of honor for example) When you get the bean counter running the show, things get too tight. This guy is mean and heartless. Bring back Mike Escew, at least he had a heart. He looked at us as human beings/not employee id numbers.

tieguy

Banned
Just imagine what he could do! 3 year deal worth 46 mil for Manny (one person), with an opt out after the first to go free agent. Bet he wouldn't bend over table and spread 'em like Hoffa did for us.:biting:

worlds in a cataclysmic downturn. Many top companies folding. meanwhile at the browncafe employees are upset that there is no A1 sauce for the steak.

iowa boy

worlds in a cataclysmic downturn. Many top companies folding. meanwhile at the browncafe employees are upset that there is no A1 sauce for the steak.

Tie, I'm not pissed at the company. Disappointed yes, pissed no. UPS has to make changes to adjust to the economy like we all do. I'm pissed that Hoffa left us standing in front of the bus when this contract was negotiated.:peaceful:

705red

Browncafe Steward
This company is not losing money! We are still profiting and are far from going under!

I think its time for a browncafe intervention! Tie we will save you!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I was told by a Feeder driver who is retiring soon that management won't even recognize their retirement. On their last day they are lucky if they get a "cya later."

I personally am fine with no recognition. Just show's my lack of care to have anything to do with most of my coworkers. But I understand completely why some people care.

I plan on ninja retiring if it's possible. I will just not be there one day. Hopefully a day when they really need extra drivers. I'm walking out the door with middle fingers held high. That's my retirement party.
We have a guy retiring in a couple of weeks. I told him I'd like to take this very picture of him, as he marches out to pasture.

Braveheart

Why does everyone give up?

Oh it is only a years of service, or years of safe driving gift.

Next it will be oh it was only a turkey, oh it was only 8 hour days.

Then it will be they were only dental or vision benefits.

Then what do we give up on?

WE MADE 3 BILLION IN PROFIT LAST YEAR!?!?!

We are not in debt and not losing money.

Demand the recognition, demand the award, demand the gift.

YOU HAVE EARNED IT!