Not Runner Gunner But Don't Eat

Holydriver

Do whatever you want. Screw the brown cafe turds that wanna call you a runner gunner, screw the management that wanna harass you into working at an injury pace, and screw everything else. Do your job as you want to do your job. Get it done safely and go home now or an hour later depending on your lunch choices. :censored2: anyone else who judges you for it

mrbrownstone

You will never please them...do 20 stops an hour they'll ask why you didn't do 25 an hour...take every single one of your breaks to its fullest and don't touch a package..I used to sort out my truck during lunch but I don't even do that anymore

20 stops an hour is legitimate. I can do that on a tight route and not kill myself. But I see guys doing 24/26 and hour so either I'm really slow or they are insanely fast.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
20 stops an hour is legitimate. I can do that on a tight route and not kill myself. But I see guys doing 24/26 and hour so either I'm really slow or they are insanely fast.
You're you and they are them...areas are different...people have better knowledge of routes...take your full breaks

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not a runner but always put in for lunch with the rationale that I prefer to sometimes walk a little slower or work at a slightly relaxed pace to make it through the day.

I know I can't move at the desired UPS speed and even after driving a few years am not always the most efficient.

Puttting in for my lunch and break usually puts me about scratch or say 15-20 clicks under. Which means I'm simply not fast enough to take and hour lunch and not run over.

Yes, I have senority and am aware that I'm not supposed to care about numbers but it keeps me from being harassed.

In my mind I'm not falsifying documents or running and gunning because I don't literally run and am never done until 6 or after anyway. Also I'm simply too slow to take a legitimate lunch and run scratch.

Anyone else this way?

Edit: I drink GNC Mass Gainer Complex shakes for calories and energy while I'm working but don't stop to eat.
Whatever time you enter but actually work is falsifying records (dishonesty) and in the long run effects time allowances and other expectations negativity. Will it be enforced? Hell no! You are doing them a favor.

You should be working at a pace that is brisk but smooth (more or less a relaxed pace) anyways. "Scratching" is only relevant for when you have an itch somewhere.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Do whatever you want. Screw the brown cafe turds that wanna call you a runner gunner, screw the management that wanna harass you into working at an injury pace, and screw everything else. Do your job as you want to do your job. Get it done safely and go home now or an hour later depending on your lunch choices. :censored2: anyone else who judges you for it
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1459636149.183913.jpg

ManInBrown

We had a longtime driver get a porter gig. He went out with 220-230 a day. So before he leaves they send a cover driver out with him for a few days to learn the route with him, back when they still trained drivers on routes. Turns out this driver who was leaving was driving around all day with the next 8-10 stops in the cab of the truck. ALL DAY LONG. He never went in the back of the truck, other then to grab the next 8-10 to put up front. So when he left the cover told the sups that number of stops per day is ridiculous. I can't do it. So and so was doing "some things" during the day I'm not comfortable doing. The only thing runner gunner idiots do is ruin it for the next guy. Man up, grow a set, and do the job the way it's meant to be done. And stop worrying about their DUMB NUMBERS. Not your problem.

ManInBrown

I take a full lunch and run over quite often. Their numbers are wacked, so who cares?
Yup. I usually check my numbers for kicks once or twice every 4 months. I'm usually about 90 clicks over every time I look. They've never said a word to me about performance. NOT ONE WORD. I've been in the office for a few other things, but performance was never the topic.

ManInBrown

I had a customer ask me the other day why I never walked across her lawn? My route is in the Burbs. Decent size houses. Money. Not a mile off the road or anything. Just nice size properties. I told her because it would cost me 10K a year in OT if I walked across everyone's lawn. Which I firmly believe is a pretty accurate figure. I don't step on a blade of grass. Driveway to walkway to front door. Every day every single stop.

I've never understood why guys and gals are in such a rush to get done everyday. I'm here to make money. Not to run around like an :censored2:

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
is your lunch paid or unpaid? over here its unpaid so it has no bearing on the reports. breaks would save 50 clicks if you took them.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I'm not a runner but always put in for lunch with the rationale that I prefer to sometimes walk a little slower or work at a slightly relaxed pace to make it through the day.

I know I can't move at the desired UPS speed and even after driving a few years am not always the most efficient.

Puttting in for my lunch and break usually puts me about scratch or say 15-20 clicks under. Which means I'm simply not fast enough to take and hour lunch and not run over.

Yes, I have senority and am aware that I'm not supposed to care about numbers but it keeps me from being harassed.

In my mind I'm not falsifying documents or running and gunning because I don't literally run and am never done until 6 or after anyway. Also I'm simply too slow to take a legitimate lunch and run scratch.

Anyone else this way?

Edit: I drink GNC Mass Gainer Complex shakes for calories and energy while I'm working but don't stop to eat.

you need to grow a pair buddy.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Meh, do what you want, I'm over telling chumps they're leaving money on the table. You're a grown man, think about what you're doing and tell me working for free is smart.