Not Runner Gunner But Don't Eat

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
But that's a double edge sword. Not moving like He-Man all day is stealing time.
Nope, it's putting in a fair day's work for a fair day's pay. Don't like it? Come show me how to do it better. Pull me in the office to turn red and yell at me? Thanks for the easy OT and entertainment. Threaten me? Harassment grievance.

What are you worried about? Learn how to play the game they insist on playing.

mrbrownstone

Anyone that moves like He-Man all day is a freaking idiot.

Let's just say theorically you cared about running scratch and wanted to legitimately take an hour lunch and 10 min break. I don't think there's anyway to actually do that without being He-Man.

I'm not He-Man and I'm ok with that.
I rather work a tad slower at my comfortable pace so that I can maintain a stready pace all day and not be dead tired for the next day.

So, I just consider my pace which may not be what UPS wants as my lunch. Also I count the dumb mistakes I make like taking too long to find a package toward my lunch.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Also I count the dumb mistakes I make like taking too long to find a package toward my lunch.
Dude, No. Just No.
SMH.
tumblr_mho758Q4jb1rr85udo1_400.gif

Last edited:

UPSER110

Let's just say theorically you cared about running scratch and wanted to legitimately take an hour lunch and 10 min break. I don't think there's anyway to actually do that without being He-Man.

I rather work a tad slower at my comfortable pace so that I can maintain a stready pace all day and not be dead tired for the next day.

So, I just consider my pace which may not be what UPS wants as my lunch. Also I count the dumb mistakes I make like taking too long to find a package toward my lunch.

This cant be real... Please show me the production standards in the contract. Their numbers change everyday. Theoretically you could have the same exact day and punch out at the same time and your over/under would be different for each day. DO NOT work through lunch, DO NOT put lunch in to look for a package/ sort your truck, DO NOT worry about your pace. STAY SAFE and make money and everything else will fall into place.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

Why do you care? You said yourself you won't make it. You could ice your knees on your lunch and make it to retirement.

mrbrownstone

Why do you care? You said yourself you won't make it. You could ice your knees on your lunch and make it to retirement.

That's true never thought of it that way. That's also my reason for moving at less than a brisk pace some days....knee pain.

Some days I need 4 points of contact on and off truck to alleviate pressure on my knees.

Overpaid Union Thug

WTF?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
But I'm still not fast enough to legitimately take a whole hour.
You are missing the point.

That is your hour lunch.

Screw their made up numbers.

Only give up your lunch or part of it if it benefits YOU.

Kids soccer game, school function or extra family time.

mrbrownstone

You are missing the point.

That is your hour lunch.

Screw their made up numbers.

Only give up your lunch or part of it if it benefits YOU.

Kids soccer game, school function or extra family time.

It does benefit me. I get done at a somewhat reasonable time and half the center or more is still back before me.

There are guys that skip lunch and are done at 430. I get back by between 6 and 7. Sometimes later on a really bad day and that never involves stopping for lunch.

A little over a week ago I had a blown out truck with 400 packages a 160 stops and an 11 hour dispatch. Truck was so full I barely could squeeze in my backpack and cooler with drinks. I got back at 8. Had I taken lunch I would've not finished till 9. Screw that. I just did it straight. That particular route is also heavy on pickups and they last about 2 hours.

Last edited:

mrbrownstone

Now when I had an 8 hour dispatch I can actually break for lunch because there is enough room in the truck for me to sort and find things veru quickly so even if I don't walk a million miles and hour I can still don't loose much time.

Delivery!!!

As a cover driver how do you not understand their numbers are bs. I just learned a new route this past week and couldn't believe the time allowances on it. A turtle carrying packages on its back could scratch it. Other routes he-man on speed couldn't scratch it. The numbers mean nothing.