Not sure if I'm fired or not

CoolArrow

Never give them rope to hang you fight them by the book think before you act throwing a package is like throwing a punch if it's rash it's wrong beat them with your intellect not your fists.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Hard to believe that there benching you for a week during our busiest time of the year. Just another brilliant decision coming from management.

Probably interpreted as an act of workplace violence, but not serious enough to warrant stringing him out when they need him. The company (from their perspective) needs a record of him serving a suspension in case he's a repeat offender.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
You better walk the line son. The next step is getting fired. 8 months clean behavior to get that off your record.

Terminations reduced to suspensions are never "removed" from your record. Warning letters for progressive discipline (methods, attendance, minor conduct issues etc.) are "no longer in force" after 9 months, which is an entirely different story.

The company absolutely can (and will) use previous discipline/work history in a discharge case against a member at panel.

noahgw92

I never said the job wasn't dangerous. What's stupid is throwing packages at someone like a child.

I went the supervisor route because I have a degree and skills that grant me the ability to go the distance in this company. You have no idea the type of supervisor I am. If you actually interacted with me prior to your little temper tantrum, you probably would have seen I'm one of the more relaxed supervisors you would ever have at this company.

But clearly you have anger issues, so maybe you should channel that anger into something more constructive. Like your sorting and not your pitching.

Lets not think about the employee that was put into a dangerous situation way before the supervisor was put into the way of danger.... Yeah who doesn't have a degree these days, i know drivers that have multiple degrees. Excuses are like :censored2:s, everyone has them and nobody wants to hear them. It's all good bro this job isn't for everyone we know it's tough and some people just can't handle it... I'm sorry but having more bad supervisors than good, they have ruined it for me.... I will no longer think of supervisors the same. It's amazing how much they just think of them self... They will push you and put you into a dangerous situation(and not even care) then when something happens to them, then it's like woo woo woo stop the sort we have to let someone know about this asap!!! Oh by the way I have no degree and I am 23 with almost two years here at ups and I have been asked by the center manager, my full time sup, and by my part time supervisor if I wanted to become a supervisor multiple time from each of them.... you have to be a special self centered person to do that job. I say I would rather be making 100k+ by the time I'm 25.

noahgw92

Lets not think about the employee that was put into a dangerous situation way before the supervisor was put into the way of danger.... Yeah who doesn't have a degree these days, i know drivers that have multiple degrees. Excuses are like :censored2:s, everyone has them and nobody wants to hear them. It's all good bro this job isn't for everyone we know it's tough and some people just can't handle it... I'm sorry but having more bad supervisors than good, they have ruined it for me.... I will no longer think of supervisors the same. It's amazing how much they just think of them self... They will push you and put you into a dangerous situation(and not even care) then when something happens to them, then it's like woo woo woo stop the sort we have to let someone know about this asap!!! Oh by the way I have no degree and I am 23 with almost two years here at ups and I have been asked by the center manager, my full time sup, and by my part time supervisor if I wanted to become a supervisor multiple time from each of them.... you have to be a special self centered person to do that job. I say I would rather be making 100k+ by the time I'm 25.
With plenty of job security.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Probably interpreted as an act of workplace violence, but not serious enough to warrant stringing him out when they need him. The company (from their perspective) needs a record of him serving a suspension in case he's a repeat offender.

I'm still surprised they didn't delay his suspension until next month.

How are you going to be making $100K+ in the next 2 years?

blkmamba

Don't flatter yourself. EVERYONE gets asked to be a sup.

UPS4Life

Possible but very unlikely. There would have to be a ton of feeder drivers in his hub that are allergic to $2200.00+ paychecks in order for that to happen.
I don't know how it is where you are but here the senior driver (high seniority) picks the b driver. It's not difficult to reach 100k in feeders running regular runs roughly 52 hours a week I think? Our list is exhausted there are a lot of young drivers here and plenty of guys coming working 30 inside then coming out. 4 year progression will slow this down to reach 100 by 25 but it's possible.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I don't know how it is where you are but here the senior driver (high seniority) picks the b driver. It's not difficult to reach 100k in feeders running regular runs roughly 52 hours a week I think? Our list is exhausted there are a lot of young drivers here and plenty of guys coming working 30 inside then coming out. 4 year progression will slow this down to reach 100 by 25 but it's possible.

Team runs work the same here, but there aren't many of them. They're almost always held by a pair of guys with 25+ years of FT seniority.

Never said it was impossible, just very unlikely and I think this young man was just grossly exaggerating on one reason why he doesn't want to go into management. :peaceful:

Notcool

I don't see the big deal. Happens all the time here. If they ate in need of people and your a good worker you'll be back tomorrow. Ups likes to scare you that your fired when in reality they really need you. Because most quit and can't do the job or don't want to. Apologize and say it won't happen again you'll be fine

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
So after today's meeting with the manager and Union Rep, I was able to keep my job but will be serving a 5 day suspension starting effectively tomorrow.

Next time instead of throwing boxes shut the belt off and clean your floor up. If they keep putting your safety in question keep doing the same thing. Everyone is right in here, you have to learn how to play the game. A lot of the part time supervisors only care about their numbers.