Not topped out record Express

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Call me whatever you want because what stands out above and beyond all else was the political and economic forces in play at that point in American history. Forces apparently you can't disprove .

You continue to focus your wrath on a party that lacked the votes to give you what you want rather than where it should be focused on and that is the party that will NEVER give what you want.

And BTW....another fact that you seem to ignore. Bush held the political majority for 6 of his 8 years in office while at the same time Obama was the political minority president for 6 of his 8 years in office. And those first two years were spent trying to stave off a total economic collapse while trying to complete the task Mini Bush had 8 years to accomplish and still failed at it.....Killing Osama bin Laden.

It's too late now to do anything about FDX Express. Unfortunately. Express workers had to learn the hard way the very same harsh lesson as that of every NFL football player....You're only there until you can be replaced.
IMG_4160.jpeg

Thebrownblob

Call me whatever you want because what stands out above and beyond all else was the political and economic forces in play at that point in American history. Forces apparently you can't disprove .

You continue to focus your wrath on a party that lacked the votes to give you what you want rather than where it should be focused on and that is the party that will NEVER give what you want.

And BTW....another fact that you seem to ignore. Bush held the political majority for 6 of his 8 years in office while at the same time Obama was the political minority president for 6 of his 8 years in office. And those first two years were spent trying to stave off a total economic collapse while trying to complete the task Mini Bush had 8 years to accomplish and still failed at it.....Killing Osama bin Laden.

It's too late now to do anything about FDX Express. Unfortunately. Express workers had to learn the hard way the very same harsh lesson as that of every NFL football player....You're only there until you can be replaced.
Weird I never mentioned a party you did.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You brought up a good point here in that corporations are inherently neither good nor evil, and that includes Fedex. They will simply do as much as they can can get away with.

The problem is they (corporations and business in general) now have far too much control of the politicians in Washington and in many cases actually help to write bills that end up passing congress. Needless to say this is very bad for the common worker which is one reason you see a nonexistent middle class that is fading rapidly. The Citizens United ruling in 2010 is one major component to rapidly escalating this trend. It’s going to continue down this patch unfortunately.
Sorry, but FedEx is evil. Corporations are Republican pets and the GOP does everything possible to serve them. That means workers don’t mean squat and are just pawns.
Regulations and rules are an impediment to profit. So are employees.

bacha29

Weird I never mentioned a party you did.
You were the one belly aching claiming that a newly elected president didn't just hand down an executive order wiping out FDX's RLA exemption. He had bigger problems to deal with at that very moment and likely it would have required a bill coming out of Congress and given that it was finished law there would have been very little chance that a repeal would have even make it out of committee.
Your best chance at success might have been with the 103rd Congress when the Democrats held a 58-42 majority in the Senate and a 258-176 majority in the House. Today with so many so called "right to work" states now and a GOP house you might as well just forget about it and move on. There was probably your best chance. That's gone now so you might as well forget it and move on.

fatboy33

Can't expect much when they couldn't even honor the step plan during record profit years saying heroes work here. Hero being more like zero. They know they have people trapped. I wouldn't call it an easy job, but where are you going to transfer job skills for delivering envelopes really fast? That being said without step raises we are definitely underpaid for what's expected of us. The job becomes very average without step raises. It's probably the freedom of driving and getting used to routine that keeps a lot of people coming back
When you look at the most senior competition, UPS, and for years they'd top out in 3 years?, It only told you, express was doing everything possible to prolong the top out process. If they wanted it people topped out it would've happen. Then came the 10 Year, which I was lucky enough to hit top after 20 plus years. But I feel that too many for their liking topped out and they came up with this reason and that reason to make sure to turn things back down to a trickle. The point is, they don't want topping out. Even Linus would've left the pumpkin patch by now.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Amazing to see how desperate the die hard Democrats are to defend their dear supreme leaders.

It's never Democrats' fault even when they have the presidency and both houses.

SMH, I think they just like being lied to.

Aquaman

Most managers were not honest about it and a lot of people bought into the "scheduled' progression nonsense. This is just another example of how dishonest and deceitful FedEx really is. This was designed from the get-go as a means to not give raises while simultaneously presenting 10-Step as some sort of benefit.
Why employees ever believe anything that FedEx says truly escapes me, especially now.
They ignored the problem while pretending to address it. The problem was time to top out. They created a step plan with no obligation or promise to consistently give those step raises lol. It gave employees hope. Which was the only real goal.

Godzilla55

Sorry, but FedEx is evil. Corporations are Republican pets and the GOP does everything possible to serve them. That means workers don’t mean squat and are just pawns.
Regulations and rules are an impediment to profit. So are employees.
Then why are they all going woke? Budweiser, Ford, Disney….it goes on and on. That’s all left BS…

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Then why are they all going woke? Budweiser, Ford, Disney….it goes on and on. That’s all left BS…
Woke is smart business. Demographics are changing and we are the Old Guard. In 10-15 years we don’t matter anymore and including everyone will be smart money. Corporations only care about the bottom line and pretending otherwise is just lies.

Cheesypurpletees

I think my point is the union never got a fair shot. And I think every employee would have been better off with the protection.

The fact that they took everything from you and didn’t even get you to top rate is ridiculous. I do not fault you for staying that was not my point all. I don’t really believe corporations are neither evil nor good, I believe they will do whatever they can, and are allowed to.
The company was allowed to divide and conquer its workforce because there was no union. Even if the Teamsters are not the perfect organization, they would’ve fought the corporation every step of the way.
I was a domiciled route with FedEx express for 13 years came to ups as an rpcd 2 years ago once Raj became ceo.
Just last month, I found out my old express route is being dissolved and ran by a FedEx contractor.
Thank god I’m a teamster now as I would’ve been out of a job at FedEx. These FedEx ground contractors have been a virus for express employees and it’s only going to get worse not having union protection.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Woke has cost the Bud people a ton of money because they offended normal humans, then it cost them some more money on top of that because they abandoned their celebration of indecency and ticked off all of the people who were into that. Smart business.
"Normal" humans. How exactly is that defined? Trump-loving, union-hating, gun toting people who only wear 511 gear or is the definition a bit more broad.?Just like everyone else, the vast majority of gay people are profoundly decent. I know quite a few, and some even go to church. No molesters, no pedophiles. Several have been married for over 20 years. Yep. Dangerous.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was a domiciled route with FedEx express for 13 years came to ups as an rpcd 2 years ago once Raj became ceo.
Just last month, I found out my old express route is being dissolved and ran by a FedEx contractor.
Thank god I’m a teamster now as I would’ve been out of a job at FedEx. These FedEx ground contractors have been a virus for express employees and it’s only going to get worse not having union protection.
You need to tell Dano and Fred's Myth. They won't believe you.