Not topped out record Express

vantexan

The Teamsters know that the 6-letter combination RLA/RTW equals a high likelihood of failure.
That's true. But this was in reply to it being said they didn't understand why we don't try to get a union in. OK, if it's theoretically possible to get a union in then why don't they try? Because as you said they know it's highly likely to fail.

!Retired!

Well, I don’t know where you are now, but I do know that FedEx express drivers wouldn’t have got such slap in the face raises, and most likely would’ve had a pension, lots of vacation, healthcare and would not be looking at the possibility of being absorbed by ground right now.
1. If I worked for UPS, I'd be stuck in NY. That alone is enough thanks I didn't
2. I had 5 weeks vacation when I retired. Maybe I didn't get there as quickly, but I didn't mind
3. Under COBRA last year (same coverage as when I worked) I had $275,000 in medical bills....cost me a total of $3200 out of pocket
4. You think if Express was union, they wouldn't/couldn't be absorbed by Ground? Think again.
5. I've looked into the Teamster's finances. Especially the Central States and Western Pennsylvania Teamsters. Maybe you should as well.
6. I've spoken to many UPS drivers who missed out on their kids plays, sports, graduation, etc. I missed ONE volleyball game, that's it.

Thebrownblob

1. If I worked for UPS, I'd be stuck in NY. That alone is enough thanks I didn't
2. I had 5 weeks vacation when I retired. Maybe I didn't get there as quickly, but I didn't mind
3. Under COBRA last year (same coverage as when I worked) I had $275,000 in medical bills....cost me a total of $3200 out of pocket
4. You think if Express was union, they wouldn't/couldn't be absorbed by Ground? Think again.
5. I've looked into the Teamster's finances. Especially the Central States and Western Pennsylvania Teamsters. Maybe you should as well.
6. I've spoken to many UPS drivers who missed out on their kids plays, sports, graduation, etc. I missed ONE volleyball game, that's it.
Lol funny you think I don’t know what our finances are.

I’m glad you got out of New York.

And I’m sorry you don’t understand how negotiations and contracts work, Teamsters most certainly would’ve been a Road block for what is currently happening.

And your attitude is indicative of why FedEx has been allowed to continually screw over its workers because the only person you care about is yourself no matter about the people who came after you or who might have that job.

Lol I’m glad you’re happy with Cobra insurance. By the way you seem to be willing to accept whatever your masters give you so I guess that is your choice.

My son had an injury that had over $2 million billed . His cost as a part timer for insurance was zero for the coverage and $1000 for his deductible. Enjoy your cobra my friend you deserve it.

yadig

If you'll go back and read all my posts on this thread I've been talking about Express and its overhead flying packages which is why they created Ground to give them more profit because the cost per package of flying is much higher than the cost per package of trucking the freight. Before there was ever a Ground FedEx couldn't pay UPS comparable wages but that was what was being said on here back when there was a chance at a union. I agree 100% that if they ran the company similar to UPS they could pay better but that would mean most freight being trucked including what Express flies now. As is FedEx Express is an air freight opco with much higher costs per package.
Blah, blah, ba, blah!

vantexan

Blah, blah, ba, blah!
A prime example of gimme, gimme, gimme. You don't want to hear facts. You don't want reality. You just want good pay and benefits and the company better figure out how to make that happen.

This is why unions aren't a big deal anymore. The constant demands for more and more drove companies overseas. It was the companies' greed and the unions' greed. Always wanting more and expecting the other side to take less.

Thebrownblob

A prime example of gimme, gimme, gimme. You don't want to hear facts. You don't want reality. You just want good pay and benefits and the company better figure out how to make that happen.

This is why unions aren't a big deal anymore. The constant demands for more and more drove companies overseas. It was the companies' greed and the unions' greed. Always wanting more and expecting the other side to take less.
Van we agree a lot but this is almost humorous to hear you take the company side when they made millions and billions wort of profit while giving you breadcrumbs and continually took benefits away from the workers, those poor poor executives I bet they coud barely survive the last couple decades on steak and caviar, while they handed you guys less than 1% raises for decades lol. Again I was privy to what was going on with the Teamsters at that time, and at no time did we think you would get the exact same wages. As a matter fact, our biggest selling point that we were trying to push for guaranteed raises and job security. We were telling people, then that’s some thing like what is happening now what eventually happened and we will called crazy and that I never would happen.

@bacha29 said he was not trying to defend the Obama administration while he defended them. And then explain to me that they were not in power until 2008, which is true but these deals were made way before he was president and promised as soon as he got in the office, he lied about all of it. And funny, he would use the 2008 downturn in the economy at some reason not to remove Railway act protection. Even if it was removed, the Teamsters would still have had to convince FedEx employees to join. It only would’ve even the playing field making it so we did not have to get the entire country at once, which is basically impossible.

!Retired!

Lol funny you think I don’t know what our finances are. I didn't say you didn't. I'm willing to bet many probably don't. Then you should also know your pension fund almost went poof.

I’m glad you got out of New York. :thumbup:

And I’m sorry you don’t understand how negotiations and contracts work, Teamsters most certainly would’ve been a Road block for what is currently happening. Lol....it's not hard. Shut down the whole division and reroute the packages.

And your attitude is indicative of why FedEx has been allowed to continually screw over its workers because the only person you care about is yourself no matter about the people who came after you or who might have that job. I only care that I was able to live on what FedEx paid me. More would have been nice, but we made do. It's not my fault people don't know how to manage money. If they told me I would make the same as you, but would need to do the same amount of work....I'd say keep your money

Lol I’m glad you’re happy with Cobra insurance. Cobra is only temporary, since I retired last year at 55. I would have had the same coverage if I was still working. By the way you seem to be willing to accept whatever your masters give you so I guess that is your choice. I chose to work there. I chose to stay there. I may not have agreed with some of the things the company did/does, but it was an easy job for the pay I got.

Thebrownblob

Wow, I’m shocked you mean are pension fund was in trouble because of regulations and rules made by the government and they came back and make good on the promise to fix our pension? I had no idea or maybe you should go and read some of my other post about how I was involved.
How’s the FedEx pension?

The rest of your comments are just excuses on why you were too afraid to join the union because they were the bogeyman. Naturally, there’s no way you would’ve done the same amount of work we did because you didn’t have the volume.

The point here is, you were always willing to, accept whatever you were given that’s your choice, but don’t pretend it was a good one.

Enjoy your temporary cobra you earned it

I will enjoy my pension, my seven weeks of vacation, my industry leading standard pay, my free healthcare and job security, that the evil corrupt bankrupt Teamsters help secure for me.😂

Last edited:

vantexan

Van we agree a lot but this is almost humorous to hear you take the company side when they made millions and billions wort of profit while giving you breadcrumbs and continually took benefits away from the workers, those poor poor executives I bet they coud barely survive the last couple decades on steak and caviar, while they handed you guys less than 1% raises for decades lol. Again I was privy to what was going on with the Teamsters at that time, and at no time did we think you would get the exact same wages. As a matter fact, our biggest selling point that we were trying to push for guaranteed raises and job security. We were telling people, then that’s some thing like what is happening now what eventually happened and we will called crazy and that I never would happen.

@bacha29 said he was not trying to defend the Obama administration while he defended them. And then explain to me that they were not in power until 2008, which is true but these deals were made way before he was president and promised as soon as he got in the office, he lied about all of it. And funny, he would use the 2008 downturn in the economy at some reason not to remove Railway act protection. Even if it was removed, the Teamsters would still have had to convince FedEx employees to join. It only would’ve even the playing field making it so we did not have to get the entire country at once, which is basically impossible.
I've never said FedEx couldn't do better. I was plenty happy with topping out, getting regular raises to offset inflation, have company paid medical, and a traditional pension. But then they started stripping away everything as they put money together to build Ground.

But concerning the profits they made. They had to gut our pay and benefits to come up with the money to build Ground. But there are people on here in the past who made claims that FedEx had plenty of money to pay as much as UPS. They were just being greedy. Use the example I gave where they grossed $52 billion, and half went to payroll and most of the rest was spent elsewhere. I think the after tax profit that year was about a billion. So how does the company, after spending over $26 billion on payroll already, have enough to give much higher pay and great benefits to everyone? Also, unlike UPS, FedEx had 7 different payscales with most of the country under the lowest two.

I was definitely onboard for putting us under the NLRA. Not because I believed a union would get us much better pay and benefits, but could protect us from taking everything away from us. And for anyone asking why didn't you just quit? The economy tanked shortly after they announced ending the traditional pension. And I was having health issues. So was pretty much stuck. As were a lot of people.

Thebrownblob

I've never said FedEx couldn't do better. I was plenty happy with topping out, getting regular raises to offset inflation, have company paid medical, and a traditional pension. But then they started stripping away everything as they put money together to build Ground.

But concerning the profits they made. They had to gut our pay and benefits to come up with the money to build Ground. But there are people on here in the past who made claims that FedEx had plenty of money to pay as much as UPS. They were just being greedy. Use the example I gave where they grossed $52 billion, and half went to payroll and most of the rest was spent elsewhere. I think the after tax profit that year was about a billion. So how does the company, after spending over $26 billion on payroll already, have enough to give much higher pay and great benefits to everyone? Also, unlike UPS, FedEx had 7 different payscales with most of the country under the lowest two.

I was definitely onboard for putting us under the NLRA. Not because I believed a union would get us much better pay and benefits, but could protect us from taking everything away from us. And for anyone asking why didn't you just quit? The economy tanked shortly after they announced ending the traditional pension. And I was having health issues. So was pretty much stuck. As were a lot of people.
I think my point is the union never got a fair shot. And I think every employee would have been better off with the protection.

The fact that they took everything from you and didn’t even get you to top rate is ridiculous. I do not fault you for staying that was not my point all. I don’t really believe corporations are neither evil nor good, I believe they will do whatever they can, and are allowed to.
The company was allowed to divide and conquer its workforce because there was no union. Even if the Teamsters are not the perfect organization, they would’ve fought the corporation every step of the way.

FedexCares

I think my point is the union never got a fair shot. And I think every employee would have been better off with the protection.

The fact that they took everything from you and didn’t even get you to top rate is ridiculous. I do not fault you for staying that was not my point all. I don’t really believe corporations are neither evil nor good, I believe they will do whatever they can, and are allowed to.
The company was allowed to divide and conquer its workforce because there was no union. Even if the Teamsters are not the perfect organization, they would’ve fought the corporation every step of the way.
You brought up a good point here in that corporations are inherently neither good nor evil, and that includes Fedex. They will simply do as much as they can can get away with.

The problem is they (corporations and business in general) now have far too much control of the politicians in Washington and in many cases actually help to write bills that end up passing congress. Needless to say this is very bad for the common worker which is one reason you see a nonexistent middle class that is fading rapidly. The Citizens United ruling in 2010 is one major component to rapidly escalating this trend. It’s going to continue down this patch unfortunately.

yadig

I give FedEx credit on brainwashing you and half of the company employees. Do you have a picture of Freddy hanging in your house?

bacha29

Tell me something. Why is it that you Republican Teamsters are always demanding that the Democrats pass the pro union legislation you people demand. ?

Why is it that you people never go to your OWN PARTY and place the same demands on them?

Your party had firm control of both houses of Congress for the first 6 years of the two term Bush administration.
Why wasn't anything done about it then?

The Democrats only had control of the 110th Congress for the last two years of the Bush administration.
In addition of the 233 Democrat House members 80 were considered moderate or conservative.
Furthermore, The Democrats in order to gain a one vote Senate majority had to count on the votes of two independents and you never know which way an independent is going to vote.

And even in the nearly impossible event that a bill revoking FDX's RLA exemption did somehow manage to pass both houses of Congress what is there to say that Bush would not have vetoed it?

May I remind you that it's not the fault of the Democrats that you can't get your own party to support any pro union legislation. Nor is it the Democrats fault that you people keep electing and reelecting anti union candidates to seats in the House and Senate who in turn continue to confirm hard line conservative judges to seats on the federal bench.

And by the way. If it were not for the efforts of progressive Democrats decades ago you wouldn't have a labor union today.
Because you would have no legal standing upon which you could form one.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Tell me something. Why is it that you Republican Teamsters are always demanding that the Democrats pass the pro union legislation you people demand. ?

Why is it that you people never go to your OWN PARTY and place the same demands on them?

Your party had firm control of both houses of Congress for the first 6 years of the two term Bush administration.

The Democrats only had control of the 110th Congress for the last two years of the Bush administration.
In addition of the 233 Democrat House members 80 were considered moderate or conservative.
Furthermore, The Democrats in order to gain a one vote Senate majority had to count on the votes of two independents and you never know which way an independent is going to vote.

And even in the nearly impossible event that a bill revoking FDX's RLA exemption did somehow manage to pass both houses of Congress what is there to say that Bush would not have vetoed it?

May I remind you that it's not the fault of the Democrats that you can't get your own party to support any pro union legislation. Nor is it the Democrats fault that you people keep electing and reelecting anti union candidates to seats in the House and Senate who in turn continue to confirm hard line conservative judges to seats on the federal bench.

And by the way. If it were not for the efforts of progressive Democrats decades ago you wouldn't have a labor union today.
The hypocrisy of being both a Teamster and a Republican is never recognized. They support a party that hates unions and would happily cut their wages by half.
Weingarten Rights and a pension at a RTW UPS…..not a chance.

Thebrownblob

Well, as usual, I won’t read any more than the first line of your comment because you called me a Republican, which only proves that you’re just as ignorant as I thought. You’re not intelligent and your comments prove it.

Thebrownblob

Ooh look another political rant from someone who claims political rants belong in the current events forum.
Exactly and any of my comments about Obama had nothing to do with politics only about what he had promised, and what he didn’t follow through with, but as usual a non-intellectual partisan, such as himself, found a reason to think it was political.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Exactly and any of my comments about Obama had nothing to do with politics only about what he had promised, and what he didn’t follow through with, but as usual a non-intellectual partisan, such as himself, found a reason to think it was political.
I strongly suspect that bacha and rickyb are the same person.........

yadig

I wouldn’t call them progressive democrats decades ago. They would be considered right wing in today’s political climate. Hence the problem

bacha29

Well, as usual, I won’t read any more than the first line of your comment because you called me a Republican, which only proves that you’re just as ignorant as I thought. You’re not intelligent and your comments prove it.
Call me whatever you want because what stands out above and beyond all else was the political and economic forces in play at that point in American history. Forces apparently you can't disprove .

You continue to focus your wrath on a party that lacked the votes to give you what you want rather than where it should be focused on and that is the party that will NEVER give what you want.

And BTW....another fact that you seem to ignore. Bush held the political majority for 6 of his 8 years in office while at the same time Obama was the political minority president for 6 of his 8 years in office. And those first two years were spent trying to stave off a total economic collapse while trying to complete the task Mini Bush had 8 years to accomplish and still failed at it.....Killing Osama bin Laden.

It's too late now to do anything about FDX Express. Unfortunately. Express workers had to learn the hard way the very same harsh lesson as that of every NFL football player....You're only there until you can be replaced.