Note to Amazon delivery...

What a shame they're so bad. We buy food and cleaning products every 5 to 6 weeks. This vendor creates drop points along their route so you can go pick your stuff up. If you return bags and boxes, you get discounts on further purchases, and can accrue a cash discount (which eventually I think 90 days gets applied to your order).

So really all you pay is gas money to go get it. They'll sell the remaining goods at a discount if people don't come get them. I think it's a great business model for these state-sized businesses to save on shipping.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just saying, these low cost delivery services just dump and go. You want front door service, you have to pay more.

I haven't had face to face contact with my UPS driver in years---he throws and goes. FedEx Ground guys are easier to get along with----maybe they are stoned.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
IMG_0516.JPG
Haha, he did it again anyway :lol:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I haven't had face to face contact with my UPS driver in years---he throws and goes. FedEx Ground guys are easier to get along with----maybe they are stoned.
Dump and go is what we are told to do.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I dont know of any package delivery company that allows their employees to enter a residence, handicapped, old or not. You ordered it YOU need to figure out how to get it inside. Sounds harsh but that is for the protection of everyone, driver as well as resident.
The same people who complain like this are the first ones who would call the center because you left a muddy footprint at the foot of their door

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If a package is too heavy to lift, and is at your front door, it won't be so heavy to roll on its corners and you can lock your door and wait for the caregiver or spouse. People who buy a lot on Amazon either run a business or can't leave the house for one reason or another.

Mostly because they're lazy pos

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What a shame they're so bad. We buy food and cleaning products every 5 to 6 weeks. This vendor creates drop points along their route so you can go pick your stuff up. If you return bags and boxes, you get discounts on further purchases, and can accrue a cash discount (which eventually I think 90 days gets applied to your order).

So really all you pay is gas money to go get it. They'll sell the remaining goods at a discount if people don't come get them. I think it's a great business model for these state-sized businesses to save on shipping.

Drop points?

Like on the curb
Some bodies garage
Kwikee mart

What?