Note to Amazon delivery...

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What a shame they're so bad. We buy food and cleaning products every 5 to 6 weeks. This vendor creates drop points along their route so you can go pick your stuff up. If you return bags and boxes, you get discounts on further purchases, and can accrue a cash discount (which eventually I think 90 days gets applied to your order).

So really all you pay is gas money to go get it. They'll sell the remaining goods at a discount if people don't come get them. I think it's a great business model for these state-sized businesses to save on shipping.

What country you from??!??

Drop points?

Like on the curb
Some bodies garage
Kwikee mart

What?

You get a call, text, email the day before departure. You confirm your order and pickup. If you've picked up before, you can just text "ok" back and your stuff goes where you went last time.

So you bring your order for or confirmation number and ID, and go to 25th and State, 8th and Main, or wherever. New drop points are added when more people place orders. The drop points at the beginning of the month won't be the same as the end of the month, so if you're not ordering around the same time, you get an alert that your drop point may change and a text message to confirm which one you'd like.

If you normally pickup at like 4th and Center, but you're working that day and closer to 38th and Whichever, just choose that the day before when confirming your pickup. Your stuff will either go on a different car, or will be dropped at the next point (only provided if the next drop point is on their route back).

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You get a call, text, email the day before departure. You confirm your order and pickup. If you've picked up before, you can just text "ok" back and your stuff goes where you went last time.

So you bring your order for or confirmation number and ID, and go to 25th and State, 8th and Main, or wherever. New drop points are added when more people place orders. The drop points at the beginning of the month won't be the same as the end of the month, so if you're not ordering around the same time, you get an alert that your drop point may change and a text message to confirm which one you'd like.

If you normally pickup at like 4th and Center, but you're working that day and closer to 38th and Whichever, just choose that the day before when confirming your pickup. Your stuff will either go on a different car, or will be dropped at the next point (only provided if the next drop point is on their route back).

Well that certainly clears it up

SMH!!

It is kind of weird and new, nothing I've ever used or heard of, and I put 20 things in the mail everyday and pickup brown pkgs at work.

It took a few times for us to really get it, too. It gets easier if you've got recurring things like 20lbs rice, 20lbs beans, 5 pounds dried apricots, dried blueberries, 5lbs wheat flour, and 5 pounds sunflower seeds. You can even choose if you want it every six weeks, with discounts offered on certain items if it helps fill every last square inch.

If you decide you don't want to change drop points, you can delay your order until that driver will be there generally on the same day of the month you always get stuff.

If they don't have enough to fill a truck or van, they'll offer coupons and bonuses. So if 3 of us with small orders want a drop point at 8th and Main, but they needed 10 medium orders to make it worth it, they'll offer 5% then 10% off until the three people inevitably choose a drop point that'll be there in a week or less. Usually the ones offered are already mostly filled with orders.

If say, one guy insists on having it his way, and not change anything, a final warning will come 3 2 and 1 days prior that they're automatically bumped to a new drop point and they can get their goods then.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
It is kind of weird and new, nothing I've ever used or heard of, and I put 20 things in the mail everyday and pickup brown pkgs at work.

It took a few times for us to really get it, too. It gets easier if you've got recurring things like 20lbs rice, 20lbs beans, 5 pounds dried apricots, dried blueberries, 5lbs wheat flour, and 5 pounds sunflower seeds. You can even choose if you want it every six weeks, with discounts offered on certain items if it helps fill every last square inch.

If you decide you don't want to change drop points, you can delay your order until that driver will be there generally on the same day of the month you always get stuff.

If they don't have enough to fill a truck or van, they'll offer coupons and bonuses. So if 3 of us with small orders want a drop point at 8th and Main, but they needed 10 medium orders to make it worth it, they'll offer 5% then 10% off until the three people inevitably choose a drop point that'll be there in a week or less. Usually the ones offered are already mostly filled with orders.

If say, one guy insists on having it his way, and not change anything, a final warning will come 3 2 and 1 days prior that they're automatically bumped to a new drop point and they can get their goods then.
Sounds like a PITA just to get groceries.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Your wife doesn't work, does she?

She's got an amazing job, which is why I can do PT UPS and work at home. Five years ago it was the other way around.

If you use the same basic staples in your diet, why not buy them in discounted bulk, that's much cheaper and healthier than any store?

Even then, the savings you get returning bags and boxes, on top of buying stuff people never picked up for basically nothing, why not?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
She's got an amazing job, which is why I can do PT UPS and work at home. Five years ago it was the other way around.

If you use the same basic staples in your diet, why not buy them in discounted bulk, that's much cheaper and healthier than any store?

Even then, the savings you get returning bags and boxes, on top of buying stuff people never picked up for basically nothing, why not?
Because I don't have time to be chasing my food down. Lol.

I dunno man, when you have your basic staples coming in with one text response, it's easier and cheaper than going to the grocery store. If you want to add or remove items you can, up until a few hours before the vehicle leaves (edit: unless it's "closed", aka full). I try to hit a drop point, go shopping, and unload everything for the month at the same time.

I personally don't have time to go to the store every time I need to overpay for 4 things.

But I'm also the guy who cooks 3 meals and some change for the week on Sunday, I dunno, I just like consistency.

It's not just me either. These people have certainly met a niche market; bulk and whole/healthy foods. No storefront. No shipping.

There's 30 to 50 people a day at drop locations. They drive a loaded van from Portland, people get their stuff and go. There's not much waiting either. Everyone already knows what they're getting.

J92

Sam's is the way to go. Costco just doesn't work with the higher than average prices at least in the Indiana/Ohio area.

We easily pay a quarter of what we would at a bulk store and especially a regular grocery store.

But these people don't sell perishables, so it's all dried goods. If you eat microwave food or fast food all the time, and don't cook meals from scratch/basic ingredients, it's not something you'd be for. It's really a health oriented food supply chain.

I make my own trail mix with apples, apricots, sunflower seeds, blueberries, raisins, almonds, cashews and some other nuts. I wouldn't even be able to find quality trail mix at a grocery store (legit healthy hiking/camping food not just a snack but a great portable meal in a pinch.

They do sell peanut butter and preserves, both of which are always good, and if I'm not actively foraging berries and making my own, it sure beats wasting electricity on the pressure cooker and money for ingredients.

If these kinds of diets aren't your lifestyle then it's really not something for an Oregonian.