Notifying the Union of an employee

10 point

No, it's not; in fact, I was "asked" by my center manager to apologize.

The kid was parked in front of Gander Mountain when I met up with him. Rather than making deliveries he was more focused on making their pickup. His pkg car was completely disorganized. I told him in no uncertain terms that I was tired of having to drive across town to bail his ass out----again----and that he needed to step it up a notch.

As I said, he is now one of our best casuals---he is covering my run while I am on my two week vacation---so I guess he took what I said to heart.
If he was a new driver he was going to improve without your pompous speech anyway.

You're lucky you didn't get a little "chat" with HR.

10 point

Does being a card carrying Teamster require me to set aside my work ethic and sense of right and wrong?
If you write the paychecks you have a right to "chat" with your employees.

You writing checks?
Didn't think so.

I have a loader that isn't really very articulate in loading after almost ten months on the job.
It costs me about 30-40 min everyday because he either doesn't get it or doesn't care...or both.

The new on car supe asked me if I ever talked to him about the poor load quality and I said "No, that's the company's responsibility because I type the problems into my preload communication every night and nothing changes".

I got on the 9.5 list because of his poor loads and it's not my problem if they cannot train employees and make sure they're consistent in their load quality.
I am not management.
Garbage in, garbage out.

10 point

"Some" of us need to realize that the company is using them to do their dirty work and the hourly takes the hit for it instead of management. They like it that way for multiple reasons.

trickpony1

"Some" of us need to realize that the company is using them to do their dirty work and the hourly takes the hit for it instead of management. They like it that way for multiple reasons.

I haven't been in PC for some time but I did get the highlights from when the company unilaterally implemented the "Team Concept" in PC.

There were union, hourly PC drivers (leaders) getting in the faces of other union, hourly PC drivers. Not good.

What did the "Team Leaders" get for this effort? I think (which means I could be wrong) it was ten cents more an hour.

Sad.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, it just asks you to stay in your own yard.
If you want to worry about everybody else, put your letter in for management.

I worry about those who directly impact me.

When my loader first started he struggled. I worked with him and now he is one of the best in the center. Was I paid for that time? No but it was a small price to pay as I am reaping the benefits now.

The same with that driver I spoke of earlier. I worked with him after our "chat" and he is one of our better casuals.

Wilson

Sounds like a piss-poor job of training and supervision to me. Does anyone know anyone in there sphere of operations someone this guys says is dong what this guys says the hourly is doing? I've never seen it last for more than a couple of days before the workers was gone.

10 point

When my loader first started he struggled. I worked with him and now he is one of the best in the center. Was I paid for that time? No but it was a small price to pay as I am reaping the benefits now.

The same with that driver I spoke of earlier. I worked with him after our "chat" and he is one of our better casuals.
If an hourly asks another hourly (who seems to be struggling) if they would like a few helpful tips on methods that would make their job easier I see no problem in that approach.

To have a high minded "chat" with a coworker, no matter how low they are on the seniority list, is asking for a reaction and 50% of the time it won't be positive or productive.

This next generation won't put up with a blow hard driver's pompous attitude.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

I...I...I
Me...Me...Me
Oh my...my...my Dave?

That's all we hear from you.
Perhaps that is why your personal life is.... as you routinely describe on this site?

Maybe this explains why you do what you do in regards to United Way?
Overcompensate much?