now what

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
My only question is who is supposed to enforce the new Surepost language? And how?

Maybe the letter carriers. I used to deliver to the USPS before they closed so many locations, and sometimes the carriers would razz me about bringing that stuff in and say "hey, deliver your own damn packages!" Before SurePost they rarely had seen the likes of what we now bring them, and largely they dislike the stuff.
Seriously though I was wondering the same thing, how will that be enforced? I would imagine it's going to all be on the SurePost clerks and drivers to police it. Don't see any other way really.

Maybe the letter carriers. I used to deliver to the USPS before they closed so many locations, and sometimes the carriers would razz me about bringing that stuff in and say "hey, deliver your own damn packages!" Before SurePost they rarely had seen the likes of what we now bring them, and largely they dislike the stuff.
Seriously though I was wondering the same thing, how will that be enforced? I would imagine it's going to all be on the SurePost clerks and drivers to police it. Don't see any other way really.
Probably the same people they use to make sure, that drivers dont skip their lunch break!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In regard to Surepost, there is no way for the drivers or the PTers who handle Surepost to monitor compliance. It is up to the almighty computer to figure out whether we deliver the packages to the Post Office or directly to the consignee.

oldngray

nowhere special
In regard to Surepost, there is no way for the drivers or the PTers who handle Surepost to monitor compliance. It is up to the almighty computer to figure out whether we deliver the packages to the Post Office or directly to the consignee.

My route had a post office annex that only serviced another zip code that started a few blocks away and that zip was delivered from a completely different UPS building. Everything Surepost went to the Post Office.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Even the local agreed that it was not a sanctioned work stoppage but rather the work of a rogue BA.
And to the point that the rogue BA's actions caused damage to these drivers, those actions are cover by the entity he represents, the local. If a member of management wronged someone, UPS would condemn the manager, but would still be on the hook for his actions, this is no different.

jalnar

As an union steward I am suppose to enforce the new contract today. This would be feasible if I have the new contract in the completed stage rather then bits and pieces. I did keep all notes and updates on what I think the changes will be but that wont be good enough to write grievences. Its hard to play the game when there is no play book . And now everyone should figure out why those 250 drivers got there jobs back. This is how business works. I scratch your back and you scratch mine.
Who ever started adding sure post into my thread is probably a typical driver I represent 3 times a week . Understand how business works before taking my post and twisting it into nonsense

upschuck

Now this would mean that people would actually understand the contract, but if it is outside the "legal" limits of surepost 1) preload notify management to change to UPS delivery(if not file) 2) driver to notify management(if continues file)

In my hub(assume most others) they have those dimensional scales which would make it easy to know exactly if it fits into the new guidelines. Also they should implement were you can upgrade those surepost packages to the CC, that gives customer a day earlier, and UPS the dollar(?) that they would have given the PO. win/win

2) The Company will continue to use and develop technology that identifies two or more Surepost packages to be delivered to the same address and/or any combination of Surepost package(s) and ground package(s) to be delivered to the same address. In such circumstances, all of the Surepost package(s) and ground package(s) will be delivered by package drivers. The Company will implement, when available, technology that identifies multiple addresses in close proximity to which any combination of Surepost and ground packages are to be delivered. Within 120 days of the effective date of this Agreement, the Company shall also develop technology that identifies oversized(greater than three (3) cubic feet) or overweight packages. Once such technology is operational, all Surepost packages exceeding ten (10) pounds or with dimensions greater than three (3) cubic feet, will be delivered by package drivers.

Ouch

Whats next is back to business as normal. :censored2: whoopins everyday, harassment, busting out routes, routes heavy as balls, back to normal don't you get it knuckleheads lol. Nothings changed really. Next contract push though, 2 tier pay with lower top end, higher progression and higher retirement age. Feel bad for anybody starting here in the next 5 to 10 years, cause their friend cked.
All while ups will be making record profits, while swearing they are going broke.

franzk

How the 250 drivers got there job back was Local 803 admitted it was a illegal work stoppage and the Local paid UPS $4 million.

Sent using BrownCafe App

M

MenInBrown

One of my sups told me yesterday that they will be setting a stops per hr on every rt, and if you don't meet it you will be dismissed bc it's in the new contract that ups can fire you for performance.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
One of my sups told me yesterday that they will be setting a stops per hr on every rt, and if you don't meet it you will be dismissed bc it's in the new contract that ups can fire you for performance.

You will that through the years sups will attempt to bs their way into your head with these types of mind games. Then they usually end up quitting themselves because that's the only thing they had going for themselves. If you can't build a team honestly and with some degree of integrity, it will finally wear you down. There are enough ways to manage the crew already, under the current system, and the cheaters that exist inside of that environment, without outright lying to achieve results. It's just not even necessary. Dumb.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Whats next is back to business as normal. :censored2: whoopins everyday, harassment, busting out routes, routes heavy as balls, back to normal don't you get it knuckleheads lol. Nothings changed really. Next contract push though, 2 tier pay with lower top end, higher progression and higher retirement age. Feel bad for anybody starting here in the next 5 to 10 years, cause their friend cked.
Killed the last 2 weeks. 82 total hours.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
82 hours thatz sweeeeeet dude. That's what im talking bout. That's how I wanna be coming down the stretch the last couple of years lol.