now what

Jas85374

One of my sups told me yesterday that they will be setting a stops per hr on every rt, and if you don't meet it you will be dismissed bc it's in the new contract that ups can fire you for performance.

Actually when I read the contract it seemed to me like it made it a lot harder for sups to fire you for performance. Even questioned a full timer, and he didn't seem happy about it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

M

MenInBrown

Actually when I read the contract it seemed to me like it made it a lot harder for sups to fire you for performance. Even questioned a full timer, and he didn't seem happy about it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I told my sup it sounds like a lot of paid vacation time just in time for summer.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
One of my sups told me yesterday that they will be setting a stops per hr on every rt, and if you don't meet it you will be dismissed bc it's in the new contract that ups can fire you for performance.
Where is this language? I have the printouts of the changes to the language and see nothing that would change fair days work for fair days pay.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
They can keep the bulk routes, forget that back breaking junk. Id rather run more stops and more miles with less pieces and no back breaking bulk. Throw on some tunes and jamm on the bluetooths and just country ride baby, that's what im talking bout partner lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They can keep the bulk routes, forget that back breaking junk. Id rather run more stops and more miles with less pieces and no back breaking bulk. Throw on some tunes and jamm on the bluetooths and just country ride baby, that's what im talking bout partner lol.
That's what is so great about the position I'm in now. Top seniority cover driver. I'll run something different every week and it makes no difference to me because 90% of them will be 200 plus miles.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I've considered it too, and done some of both in my career, when I covered. For me it comes down to where I'd rather spend my heaviest days, like peak. Extended rts have the worst road conditions for the longest time throughout the fall, winter and spring. I have bulky days, they do too. Late air adds an hour to my day, sometimes two for them. An air bed delivery is not the end of my world, in theirs it is much worse. An hour or two in the dark in the city on pavement vs the same on gravel and mud.....chaining up, unchaining, repeat..I don't have long left anyway. I can hump the bulk and enjoy some light no ot days too. Both ways have their merits.

Brownslave688

Who ever started adding sure post into my thread is probably a typical driver I represent 3 times a week . Understand how business works before taking my post and twisting it into nonsense
What are you talking about? It's a valid question. What constitutes "close proximity"? If it's a mile you're talking about every city in the USA getting close to 100% of the sure post work back. Should be interesting.

Brownslave688

We had a very rough winter which made our country runs that much tougher.

I have done both and prefer the city.

Sent using BrownCafe App
There are def days that can be trying out in the country.

Also if you leave the building with a 12 hour day chances are you'll finish all that work. Chances of getting help out in the boonies are slim.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Also if you leave the building with a 12 hour day chances are you'll finish all that work. Chances of getting help out in the boonies are slim.

Our country boys will dump their pickups at an agreed upon location and go back and finish their routes.

Sent using BrownCafe App

M

MenInBrown

Where is this language? I have the printouts of the changes to the language and see nothing that would change fair days work for fair days pay.
I haven't found that language either. I can't wait to see this firestorm

jumpman23

Oh Yeah

You like me big boy, aint got no problem rocking fools to sleep deep into the night lol.