NYC sick leave law.

Section 20 in the Southwest rider/sort rider says after 1 year I am entitled to sick pay.So I am unable to use them until then?What's the point of earning them then if I can't use them?Since,the way our contract is set up and it does not meet the state law requirements(since I am under a year) shouldn't I be entitled to the credits I have earned,based on the state law?
You don't get any paid time off until after one year. No sick days, holidays, vacation, etc. No one could tell me why our paystubs show PST accrual if it doesn't apply to us, but I know we are not entitled to it.

And you should just go to :censored2:ing work. You haven't been here a year yet and you've banged in 4 or 5 times or more already. Doosh.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
You don't get any paid time off until after one year. No sick days, holidays, vacation, etc. No one could tell me why our paystubs show PST accrual if it doesn't apply to us, but I know we are not entitled to it.

And you should just go to :censored2:ing work. You haven't been here a year yet and you've banged in 4 or 5 times or more already. Doosh.
I am about a year in,the hours I am getting 3.5 is less then I would get from sick pay 4hours that's why I wanted to know.I have the best attendance out of everybody in my work area btw.The contract seems kind of backwards when state law states

• Work for the same employer, on or after January 1, 2015, for at least 30 days within a year in California, and
  • Satisfy a 90-day employment period (similar to a probationary period) before taking any sick leave

I am about a year in,the hours I am getting 3.5 is less then I would get from sick pay 4hours that's why I wanted to know.I have the best attendance out of everybody in my work area btw.The contract seems kind of backwards when state law states

• Work for the same employer, on or after January 1, 2015, for at least 30 days within a year in California, and
  • Satisfy a 90-day employment period (similar to a probationary period) before taking any sick leave

You guys are a whole different animal with the handouts in California. I'm not sure it's even worth having a job there.

542thruNthru

Section 20 in the Southwest rider/sort rider says after 1 year I am entitled to sick pay.So I am unable to use them until then?What's the point of earning them then if I can't use them? Since,the way our contract is set up and it does not meet the state law requirements(since I am under a year) shouldn't I be entitled to the credits I have earned,based on the state law?
The law has exemptions. A CBA with specified provisions is one of them. So it does meet the state law requirements.

You can read AB 1522 here.

245.5. As used in this article:

(a) “Employee” does not include the following:

(1) An employee covered by a valid collective bargaining agreement if the agreement expressly provides for the wages, hours of work, and working conditions of employees, and expressly provides for paid sick days or a paid leave or paid time off policy that permits the use of sick days for those employees, final and binding arbitration of disputes concerning the application of its paid sick days provisions, premium wage rates for all overtime hours worked, and regular hourly rate of pay of not less than 30 percent more than the state minimum wage rate.

542thruNthru

The state law also says they can limit it to 24hour or 3 days a year and can also make it that you can only accure 48 hours or 6 days.

Your backwards contract gives you 7 days a year and allows you to accrue up to 60 days.

I'll take the backwards contract.

JustDeliverIt

If you don't mind updating after the meeting, that'd be great!

Didn't have a quorum tonight but stuck around to ask about this. Basically, this is for new hires that haven't gotten their sick days/rovers. You earn the hour of time for every 30+ hr work week you have in case you need it (the intent was for covid but I'm sure it won't get used just for that) maxing out at 7 paid days. In our local we get 5 sick and 4 rovers and NYS doesn't differentiate, as long as it is paid time off. So as soon as you earn your days, you are ineligible for it.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
The state law also says they can limit it to 24hour or 3 days a year and can also make it that you can only accure 48 hours or 6 days.

Your backwards contract gives you 7 days a year and allows you to accrue up to 60 days.

I'll take the backwards contract.
The law has exemptions. A CBA with specified provisions is one of them. So it does meet the state law requirements.

You can read AB 1522 here.

245.5. As used in this article:

(a) “Employee” does not include the following:

(1) An employee covered by a valid collective bargaining agreement if the agreement expressly provides for the wages, hours of work, and working conditions of employees, and expressly provides for paid sick days or a paid leave or paid time off policy that permits the use of sick days for those employees, final and binding arbitration of disputes concerning the application of its paid sick days provisions, premium wage rates for all overtime hours worked, and regular hourly rate of pay of not less than 30 percent more than the state minimum wage rate.
So because the contract says I get nothing for a year state law doesn't apply to me?I am not allowed to get sick pay, even though by law I earn one hour credit for every 30 hours worked?Only covid pay?