O’Brien article in todays NY Post

ManInBrown

The comments section is utterly mind blowing. I literally just got dumber from reading it.
Yeah it’s hilarious. The best comment is always from someone who owned a business “I paid great, there was no need for a union” first comment. Just like in that hearing where O’Brien got into with that politician. “I paid my employees great” no you didn’t.

Appvol

Pure hit piece. Never even mentioned what a poorly managed company Yellow was.
They kind of did

“Yellow has been around for nearly a century. In recent years, its management certainly made mistakes — lots of debt for acquisitions. It nearly folded during COVID and needed a loan from the Trump administration to stay in business.”

Thebrownblob

They kind of did

“Yellow has been around for nearly a century. In recent years, its management certainly made mistakes — lots of debt for acquisitions. It nearly folded during COVID and needed a loan from the Trump administration to stay in business.”
Recent years? Lol their fate was sealed as soon as they bought Roadway about two decades ago. It was just a slow death.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
They kind of did

Main theme was it’s the unions fault, and that’s just not true.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The article also didn't mention that Yellow failed to make H&W contributions for the months of June and July for union employees,

....have been paying 25 cents on the dollar to the pension fund for more than a decade

....and still had a year left on the current contact with the Teamsters either.

So tell me again who is at fault at Yellow?

Thebrownblob

The article also didn't mention that Yellow failed to make H&W contributions for the months of June and July for union employees,

....have been paying 25 cents on the dollar to the pension fund for more than a decade

....and still had a year left on the current contact with the Teamsters either.

So tell me again who is at fault at Yellow?
But, but, but if the Teamsters just would’ve complied with Yellows demands, They would still be in business today. And if all of Yellows creditors would’ve just stoped demanding payment they would also be in busines today.

1692014116989.gif

Brown Down

Yeah it’s hilarious. The best comment is always from someone who owned a business “I paid great, there was no need for a union” first comment. Just like in that hearing where O’Brien got into with that politician. “I paid my employees great” no you didn’t.
i know plenty of small and midsized business owners. No unions and they do pay their employees well. But they also don't go making asanine comments like that commenter. If you have to state it more than likely its a lie.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Wut?

Yellow has been around for nearly a century. In recent years, its management certainly made mistakes — lots of debt for acquisitions. It nearly folded during COVID and needed a loan from the Trump administration to stay in business.

Thebrownblob

Wut?

Yellow has been around for nearly a century. In recent years, its management certainly made mistakes — lots of debt for acquisitions. It nearly folded during COVID and needed a loan from the Trump administration to stay in business.
About like saying Bernie Madoff made some “mistakes”.