Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes guilty of Jan. 6 seditious conspiracy

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
" Allegations of fraud". We all saw how well those allegations held up in court. Just go ask Rudy G. Allegations that had no proof.
Lawsuits about fraud that never even moved to the discovery phase are irrelevant to the legal process of certifying electoral votes.

The point is, if not for the riot, there would have been an electoral commission and a 10 day audit.

Again, the legal and historical precedent is laid out in the letter. Please read it if you want to discuss this topic knowledgeably.

Next Day Error

X - Other
The right wing in this country is really underestimating how difficult it is for the government to successfully land a conviction of seditious conspiracy. The bar is SUPER HIGH.

Goodbye, Stewart. He'll be joined by a few more of his friends soon.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
You ever heard the term "turned state's evidence"?

Yes I have. What does that have to do with Ray Epps? Show me where you put the 2 together. When the FBI was asked about Ray Epps they went silent just like when they was asked if any FBI infiltrated the crowd posing as Trump supporters on Jan 6th.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
317509261_830424991611380_770744298548454352_n.jpg

Darmark7

You ever heard the term "turned state's evidence"?

Sen. Ted Cruz grilled a top FBI official on whether bureau informants were present at the Jan. 6 riots zeroing in on a man named Ray Epps. Jill Sanborn, the FBI's executive assistant director for the national security branch, refused to answer key questions, saying she could not disclose "sources and methods."
Sanborn said she was familiar with Epps but could not answer Cruz's question about whether he was an FBI agent. Sanborn also noted that she did not have "the specific background on him."

FBI is very ignorant about many things. They don’t have a clue who a main instigator of Jan 6th is but I guess we should expect this from the same agency that couldn’t figure out the Hunter laptop was real.

Darmark7

lol they don't have to tell us anything, dude.

They don’t have to tell us lies either. Dude. They lied about Ray Epps saying they didn’t know who he was. They lied about Hunter’s laptop saying it was Russian disinformation. I guess you don’t have a problem with the highest law enforcement agency telling flat out lies. What is the agency for? I thought it was to do investigation to find the truth for the USA. Seems you don’t want to know the truth.

Sen. Tom Cotton followed Cruz and questioned Assistant Attorney General Matthew Olson during Tuesday's hearing. Cotton asked if the FBI had any plainclothes officers in the crowd of rioters at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Olson said he did not know the answer to that question. Olson also said that he did not have information on Epps.

FBI doesn’t even know if they had plain cloths officers infiltrating the crowd? That should be an easy “No”

Last edited:

Next Day Error

X - Other
They don’t have to tell us lies either. Dude. They lied about Ray Epps saying they didn’t know who he was. They lied about Hunter’s laptop saying it was Russian disinformation. I guess you don’t have a problem with the highest law enforcement agency telling flat out lies. What is the agency for? I thought it was to do investigation to find the truth for the USA. Seems you don’t want to know the truth.
They don't have to say :censored2: to anybody. The DOJ speaks through court filings. Got it?

bacha29

Lawsuits about fraud that never even moved to the discovery phase are irrelevant to the legal process of certifying electoral votes.

The point is, if not for the riot, there would have been an electoral commission and a 10 day audit.

Again, the legal and historical precedent is laid out in the letter. Please read it if you want to discuss this topic knowledgeably.
Yes I did read it and once again it was nothing more than an evidence free claim of voter fraud so lacking in corroborated proof that it never went anywhere. And it was a very tepid and weakly worded claim at that. So weak that it simply wasn't good enough to appease the MAGA rioters. As McConnell the highest elected GOP public official stated for the record on the floor of Congress that there was no widespread voter fraud. MAGA deniers simply have no understanding of the level of proof required in order to overturn a national election. When they couldn't meet the burden of proof they took matters into their own hands choosing instead to use mob rule in an effort to get everything their own way.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes I did read it and once again it was nothing more than an evidence free claim of voter fraud
Again, your opinion about claims of voter fraud are irrelevant.

If you did actually read the letter, then you clearly did not understand it. The letter made no claim of voter fraud. It referenced allegations of voter fraud and unconstitutional violations of election laws.

If it not been for the riot, there would have been an electoral commission and a 10 day audit. I'm not sure how anyone can look at the historical facts and deny that. Yet here you are...

vantexan

Yes I did read it and once again it was nothing more than an evidence free claim of voter fraud so lacking in corroborated proof that it never went anywhere. And it was a very tepid and weakly worded claim at that. So weak that it simply wasn't good enough to appease the MAGA rioters. As McConnell the highest elected GOP public official stated for the record on the floor of Congress that there was no widespread voter fraud. MAGA deniers simply have no understanding of the level of proof required in order to overturn a national election. When they couldn't meet the burden of proof they took matters into their own hands choosing instead to use mob rule in an effort to get everything their own way.
Y'all give yourself an out with "widespread." Wasn't widespread. It was targeted at big, liberal cities in a handful of swing states. Too many anomalies.

bacha29

Again, your opinion about claims of voter fraud are irrelevant.

If you did actually read the letter, then you clearly did not understand it. The letter made no claim of voter fraud. It referenced allegations of voter fraud and unconstitutional violations of election laws.

If it not been for the riot, there would have been an electoral commission and a 10 day audit. I'm not sure how anyone can look at the historical facts and deny that. Yet here you are...
Plans for the riot were put in place days if not weeks ahead of that letter and the letter itself only made reference to allegations of voter fraud made by somebody else and an unnamed person or persons at at that. Not the senators themselves.

Now are you trying to tell me that this spineless and weakly worded letter would have had the rioters turning around and headed in the opposite direction? Do you actually think that even if Trump himself had stepped up to the microphone and read the letter to the rioters that it would have changed the outcome?

Now look at the date of the letter 1-02-21. In addition, Donald Trump's term in office would end at noon on 1-21-21 no matter what else was going on.

Now do you actually believe that a federal commission could be formed, it's agenda mutually agreed to, the hearings held, the testimony heard and it's findings established in just 18 days? And even if such an impossible task could have been achieved would it have the power to overturn a national election? And even if in the unlikely event that it did have such abilities just who would be constitutionally empowered to serve as president during the days after 1-20-21?

bacha29

Y'all give yourself an out with "widespread." Wasn't widespread. It was targeted at big, liberal cities in a handful of swing states. Too many anomalies.
If you are completely convinced that your evidence free allegations of voter fraud will succeed in court....then stand and deliver.
But keep in mind, the entire nation has simply had it with unfounded claims of voter fraud . There are people out there who make a living dreaming up conspiracy theories and when one is completely debunked....they simply move onto another one.

vantexan

If you are completely convinced that your evidence free allegations of voter fraud will succeed in court....then stand and deliver.
But keep in mind, the entire nation has simply had it with unfounded claims of voter fraud . There are people out there who make a living dreaming up conspiracy theories and when one is completely debunked....they simply move onto another one.
Yawn