Obama & GE CEO Jeffery Immelt

bbsam

Staff member
With or without Monica? Hey, you've bragged about you lustings so I have to ask. Enquiring minds eg nosey as hell, want to know!

:winks:

LOL. He can keep Monica. "We can do better." (To borrow from Bill's 1st campaign I believe.):happy2:

wkmac

LOL. He can keep Monica. "We can do better." (To borrow from Bill's 1st campaign I believe.):happy2:

If you're going to quote Bill and while bringing Monica into it, let's quote Bill using one of his classic lines that I thought was funny as well!

"It was a real sort of Southern deal. I had AstroTurf in the back. You don't want to know why, but I did." –Bill Clinton, reminiscing about a pickup truck he once owned

So did Hillary ever do the rug thingy too!
:happy-very:

And one of my favorite Clinton quotes that I'd bet ever President has considered at least once in their terms.

"I don't know whether it's the finest public housing in America or the crown jewel of the American penal system." –Bill Clinton, on the White House

:rofl: so good yet so true all at the same time!

bbsam

Staff member
I didn't bring Monica into it. You did. But thank-you for that very funny quotes. No wonder he and the elder Bush hit it off so well.

wkmac

I didn't bring Monica into it. You did. But thank-you for that very funny quotes. No wonder he and the elder Bush hit it off so well.

Well actually you admitted to selling yourself and then brought up Clinton so I just connected the obvious dots!:wink2:

BTW: On some deeper, darker level could Bill and GW share similar events and connect to each other over it? Not that it means much now but it is ironic such claims do appear. Makes me think of the corruption of the Roman Ceasars or should that really be of the Roman citizens?

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Wow...some Liberals can see that there is some BS going on with GE/Immelt/Obama...what a shocker!!! What took them so long?

Liberals Press Obama to Dump GE CEO From Economic Panel

Jeffrey Immelt, the head of GE, is facing backlash from left-leaning groups who say that he shouldn’t be on the White House Jobs Council or any other panel in light of reports that the company last year made $14.2 billion in profit, paid zero in corporate federal taxes and actually received a $3.2 billion tax benefit.
GE disputes that claim and says it did pay all kinds of taxes last year, though notably, not federal taxes. But it also claims that it didn’t pay because it took hits for investment and other spending that is exactly what the tax code allows and is encouraged to help job creation.
Whatever the case, the optics are bad news for GE, which is facing increasing anger from the likes of former Wisconsin Sen. Feingold, MoveOn and even Jon Stewart.
In January, Obama named Immelt to head his new Council on Jobs and Competitiveness as part of an effort to improve the White House's strained relationship with the business community. Now Obama's relationship with liberals is on the rocks.
MoveOn and Feingold are calling on Immelt to step down.

"It is outrageous that GE made more than $14 billion in profits last year and paid no federal taxes," MoveOn Executive Director Justin Ruben said in a statement. "At a time when many in Washington, including the president, are worried about our nation's deficit, we should be punishing – not rewarding – companies like GE who are robbing the U.S. government and taxpayers of billions of dollars."
The White House did not reply to an e-mail seeking a response, and a GE spokesman declined to comment.
In an e-mail to its 5 million members asking them to sign a petition, MoveOn accused GE of slashing health and Retirement Benifits for new nonunion employees and said the company is expected to push union members to accept similar cutbacks while Immelt gets a 100 percent raise.
MoveOn called Immelt's position on Obama's council "a slap in the face to every hardworking, taxpaying American – especially GE employees."
To hear MoveOn tell it, GE avoids paying taxes by shifting a large portion of its profits overseas, where the jobs follow.
"Now GE's CEO is the person charged with helping the president create jobs here in America. That's just perverse," the email reads.
MoveOn also said if the $3.2 billion in tax credits were returned to the government, "it would pay for the programs that House Republicans want to gut, like the community health centers providing care to over 3 million low-income people and food and health care assistance to pregnant women, new moms and children. We'd even have enough left to save the jobs of over 21,000 teachers across the country."
Feingold also called for Immelt to resign in a blog.
"How can someone like Immelt be given the responsibility of heading a jobs creation task force when his company has been creating more jobs overseas while reducing its American workforce?" he wrote. "And under Immelt's direction, GE spends hundreds of millions of dollars hiring lawyers and lobbyists to evade taxes."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ama-dump-ge-ceo-economic-panel/#ixzz1IC7aq0aM

[/COLOR]

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The Right screams about wasting money, yet they spent millions to investigate and impeach Clinton for a BJ. End result...nothing.

bbsam

Staff member
The Right screams about wasting money, yet they spent millions to investigate and impeach Clinton for a BJ. End result...nothing.

No. They spent millions to neuter a political heavy-weight and keep him basically on the side lines for the 2000 election. Al Gore should have been a shoo-in but for his proximity to the Clinton/Lewinsky affair.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Barry is so smart...first he bails out GE, then he gets the CEO Jeff Immelt to be his Jobs Czar, and GE does not pay any taxes and continues to ship jobs overseas. This sure was a great idea from the Messiah. Maybe Obama wants to know how to screw the American workers and thats why he is asking Jeffery for advice. This was just as smart as hiring a Timmy "the Tax cheat" Geithner as the Secretary of Treasury....or Janet "the borders are secure" Napolitano as Homeland security advisor.

In January, the White House appointed Jeff Immelt (pictured), the CEO of GE, as its "jobs czar," charged with finding solutions to America's unemployment crisis. Three months later, despite some positive signs, employment rates have barely budged, Americans are more pessimistic about the economy than they've been in a while--and Immelt is under fire amid news that GE reportedly paid no taxes this year.
And some new jobs data may not help things. The Wall Street Journal reports (sub. req.) that during the last decade U.S. multinationals reduced their domestic workforce by 2.9 million, according to Commerce Department figures. During the same period, those same companies increased their overseas workforce by 2.4 million. As recently as the 1990s, things were different: Multinationals were adding jobs both domestically and overseas.
Worse, Immelt's own company may be a case study for the shift. As we've reported, the number of workers employed by GE in the United States fell from around 162,000 in 2000 to 134,000 in 2009.
When President Obama named Immelt to chair the President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, he said the GE leader "understands what it takes for America to compete in the global economy."
But some observers have expressed frustration at what they see as the White House's complacency on jobs. Last month, Christina Romer, the former chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisors, publicly slammed the Obama administration for what she called "shameful" inaction.
A coalition of progressive groups led by Russ Feingold, the former Democratic senator from Wisconsin, recently seized on the news of no taxes from GE to launch a campagin aimed at ousting Immelt from the jobs czar post.
U.S. multinationals are a crucial player in the economy. They employ about 20 percent of all American workers, and, according to the McKinsey Global Institute, account for 23 percent of the country's private-sector output. Since they're more exposed to global trends, they often point the way toward where the economy is going.