Obama is furious over oil spill

This makes the government's response to Kartina seem like an Evelyn Wood speed reading course.

I couldn't care less if Obama is angry or not, just get on with stopping the leak and cleaning up the mess. Looks to me Zero has a problem plugging leaks, the one in the Gulf of Mexico and the other one at the boarder of Mexico.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I wonder why he isn't talking today, maybe he couldn't get an appointment ?

Teleprompter is broke...

obama_teleprompter_001.jpg

tieguy

Banned
my my the prez is dancing . some of the people that obama forgets to mention that said "do something" were his supporters on the liberal side of the aisle. Can you say spike lee? how about james carvil?

our president knows how to make speech's but he does not know how to talk ****. Thus his attempt to stir the pot with his " I'm talking to the common folk to find out whose ass to kick" line fell very flat.

:clubbing:

Politics not only makes strange bedfellows it also makes the best soap opera's.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, it's all her fault because if she hadn't given birth to George W. Bush, we wouldn't be in this mess and Obama would be shining gloriously right now!! Damn her!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
POLITICO 44

Sounding reflective as he heads into a bruising electoral season, President Barack Obama told POLITICO columnist Roger Simon that the Gulf disaster “echoes 9/11” because it will change the nation’s psyche for years to come.

Obama — facing mounting criticism of his handling of the BP gusher, even from longtime allies — vowed to make a “bold” push for a new energy law even as the calamity continues to unfold. And he said he will use the rest of his presidency to try to put the United States on a course toward a “new way of doing business when it comes to energy.”

“In the same way that our view of our vulnerabilities and our foreign policy was shaped profoundly by 9/11,” the president said in an Oval Office interview on Friday, "I think this disaster is going to shape how we think about the environment and energy for many years to come.”

Previewing his message for the midterm congressional elections in November, the president said: “[T]he Democrats in Congress have taken tougher votes, have worked harder under more stressful circumstances, than just about any Congress in our memory. And they’ve done a great job and deserve reelection.”

“So I’m going to be fighting on their behalf and doing everything I can and using my bully pulpit to communicate that fact to the American people,” he said. “I know there’s an anti-incumbent mood out there right now because … people are frustrated about the hit that the economy has taken. … But what I’m going to remind people of is we didn't create this mess. And this Congress responded forcefully at a time when this economy really could have fallen off a cliff.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38468.html#ixzz0qn2C0UrO

After Saying Gulf Oil Spill is Like 9/11…Obama Goes Golfing for 4 Hours…

diesel96

OK, it's all her fault because if she hadn't given birth to George W. Bush, we wouldn't be in this mess and Obama would be shining gloriously right now!! Damn her!

Yeah, your right....GHW Bush should have gave Barb that shiny glorious pearl necklace on the night of GW's conception....:tongue_sm

diesel96

Since Obama has continued some of the same Bush foriegn policies, why not put the same effort into plugging the leak and cleaning up the spill that was put into attacking the oil-rich country of Iraq. We went into Iraq because there was supposedly these WMD's there....and that we might get attacked. Now, we have BP, which is a multinational corporation, and they act like countries. I mean they basically are countries.They, as far as I can tell, are attacking the southeastern US with oil. And so I propose, from one of the effected beaches, Obama wear a hard hat and a bull horn and declare war on BP and invade them.
They've got no standing army. We take over their buildings. We put the workers, their folks in internment camps and we just get their checks and do what we can with the money to solve the problem down there.......Problem solved....How can the war mongering neo-Cons not like this option....instead, they take a position of BP appeasers...do you guys hate America ?....lol