Obama leaves campaign....

drewed

Shankman
There shouldnt be any crazy posts in this, this is just a simple opinion.

APTRANS.gif
updated less than 1 minute ago

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - Democrat Barack Obama is cancelling nearly all his campaign events Thursday and Friday to fly to Hawaii to visit his suddenly ill 86-year-old grandmother.

Campaign spokesman Robert Gibbs told reporters Monday that Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham, who helped raise him, was released from the hospital late last week. But he says her health has deteriorated to the point where her situation is very serious.

Gibbs said Obama would return to the campaign trail on Saturday, though he was unsure where.

Obama events originally planned for Madison, Wis., and Des Moines, Iowa, on Thursday will be replaced with one in Indianapolis before he makes the long flight to Hawaii.

God forbid his grandmother passes he takes a couple days (extra) off for arrangments and mourning, does he lose the election?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
God forbid his grandmother passes he takes a couple days (extra) off for arrangments and mourning, does he lose the election?

There are only few percentage of voters remaining who have not already made up their minds about who they will vote for.

My opinion is that these voters are thinking very carefully and putting a lot of thought into their decision.

Someone who takes the election seriously enough that they are still trying to make up their mind....is not the type of person who would vote against a candidate because he interrupts his campaign to tend to a seriously ill grandmother. If anything, this will generate sympathy for him and show that he is the type of man that puts family first.

drewed

Shankman
ehh idk i here what youre saying buttt i think people will look back and see that he didnt suspend his campaign during the finacial crisis when mccain went back to washington to help with it....so i dunno hes making the right choice i dont know how itll effect his campaign tho

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
ehh idk i here what youre saying buttt i think people will look back and see that he didnt suspend his campaign during the finacial crisis when mccain went back to washington to help with it....so i dunno hes making the right choice i dont know how itll effect his campaign tho

Well, the outcome will be different. Obama will visit his ailing grandmother and thank her for all she's done for him in his life to put him where he is today. While this will not help her medical condition, it will re-inforce Obama's committment to finishing the job at hand.

As for McCain, he suspended his campaign on bad advice, lent nothing to the debate on the bailout, FAILED to make 1 meeting while in DC, and then left as the republicans refused to back the presidents plan.

Political stunts by McCain are whats killing him in the polls. He brought nothing to the table when he suspended his campaign and in fact was asked NOT to come to DC by many senators on BOTH sides.

Its of no consequence however, this is all history now and it looks like McCain was the big loser for it.

Obama however, has NO down side to visiting his ailing grandmother.

av8torntn

I think this will help him. Just look how his answer to Joe the plumber has caused him to plummet in the polls. His campaign needs to keep him away from average Joe's as much as possible. Much like they are doing with Biden.

tieguy

Banned
Well, the outcome will be different. Obama will visit his ailing grandmother and thank her for all she's done for him in his life to put him where he is today. While this will not help her medical condition, it will re-inforce Obama's committment to finishing the job at hand.

As for McCain, he suspended his campaign on bad advice, lent nothing to the debate on the bailout, FAILED to make 1 meeting while in DC, and then left as the republicans refused to back the presidents plan.

Political stunts by McCain are whats killing him in the polls. He brought nothing to the table when he suspended his campaign and in fact was asked NOT to come to DC by many senators on BOTH sides.

Its of no consequence however, this is all history now and it looks like McCain was the big loser for it.

Obama however, has NO down side to visiting his ailing grandmother.

If I was his grandmother I would think it would make me sicker seeing him.

McCains alleged stunt was him taking his present job seriously. Meanwhile back at the senate; Obama how do you vote on this earth shaking bill?

"Well ah um after careful consideration and due dilligance I would like to go on record as being Present!":happy-very:

Unbelievable. I bet you were a sucker for the snake oil salesman too.