Obamacare

browniehound

Look, I like the guy and would vote for him if he was in a popularity contest and not for the office of the president of the USA. I also respect the office of the president and respect Obama and would stand with him if its us vs. any other entity outside of the U.S.
However, this guy is making Bush 43 look like one of the 5 greatest president in our history.
The entire world is perceiving America as a weak power now. Putin, Assad, and Rouhani are all laughing together at what a joke Obama's military threats are. We haven't spoken to Iran in almost 35 years and now they (and us) are willing? Its because Rouhani knows he can continue his nuclear ambitions without the threat of military action by Obama and Great Britian supporting him (Its sad when our best ally won't vote to back U.S. military action in Syria).
Then we have Obamacare. Just read an article in Investor's Business Daily that stated by their count Obamacare has forced 321 companies to stop hiring because the uncertainty in health care costs. Twice as many has cut worker's hours to 29 or less per week because they are not mandated to provide Obamacare.
Fact: today a 27 year old healthy male in Philadelphia pays $83 a month for his bare-bones health insurance. Starting 1/1/2014 that same 27 year old male will have to pay $195/month for the LEAST expensive plan under Obamacare.
But you say "well if he doesn't make enough money the government will subsidize his premium". Is that want you want people? Is that good for you and our country? Higher taxes on the working stiff to pay for Obamacare? because that's where its going to come from.
We've all read the labor unions are against Obamacare. Are they that stupid? Yes you Teamsters union. "Vote for Obama because he will pass legislation that benefits the working person and their families" "he has our best interest in mind"
Now they are speaking out about Obamacare because its not going to benefit any of us. We were just great before Obama took office with health insurance. Now, guess what, we are worse off(the company is going to use the higher costs of Obamacare as a negotiation tool to make the union pay) and will be much worse off going forward.
Hey Teamsters, you asked for this guy and now you have to live with him. He's killing you and its killing you that you Said "he will pass legislation that benefits the working man".
He just passed legislation that is NOT benefiting the union and the working man.
Wake up and smell the FFFFFFFFFFing coffee people!
The country is going in the toilet and you don't care as long as you get your damned entiltlement!

browniehound

I'm a little mad at my boy Obama too. I voted for him but I'm feeling duped. I hope something happens and Obamacare is repealed.

I hear ya 407. I'm a Republican so I'm generally not going to agree with any of President Obama's policies, but I still would like to see him succeed at running our country the best way it can be. However, this healthcare law really gets under my skin. I just don't see any way it can succeed. I also find it laughable that the Teamsters don't like the law.

I hear ya 407. I'm a Republican so I'm generally not going to agree with any of President Obama's policies, but I still would like to see him succeed at running our country the best way it can be. However, this healthcare law really gets under my skin. I just don't see any way it can succeed. I also find it laughable that the Teamsters don't like the law.
The teamsters which I am a proud one of them persuaded me to campaign for him. I did and I will do anything for my local but this healthcare sucks. Hindsight isn't always 20/20 but all I have in this world is my faith in God any my loyalty to my family ,friends and the causes that I believe in. I'm sorry for any harm I've caused but my intentions were genuine.

What don't you like about it?
That every business owner is so scared. I think its inevitably going to crash the economy again. FYI I gave up on politics four years ago when I had my last life crises. So I could be wrong. I do not follow politics anymore so I won't debate it. I follow music sports and union issues now. I'm actually a lot happier like this. Jesus loves me too so that's a plus in my closing out the outside world.

browniehound

What don't you like about it?
Higher premiums and less quality healthcare for most Americans for one. Its negative affect on job growth for two. The fact that the American government can't afford comes to mind also.
They can't even get the websites to sign up running right for heavens sake.
Its going to be cheaper for young and healthy people to just pay the fine instead of buying insurance. That will leave old and sick people as the only ones buying insurance which will force the insurance companies to massively increase premiums meaning higher taxes for everyone to subsidize the poor for obamacare. The law is a complete disaster.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Practically speaking, whether or not you are middle class depends on where you live, as well as how much money you make. The average median income of $49,445 might go far in a rural area, but in a major city on one of the coasts, someone making just under $50,000 a year might feel nearly in poverty — no matter what economists say about what’s middle class.