Obama's nightmare...the phone rings at 3:00 AM and...

brett636

Brett, I'm guesing that you are a youngster that hasn't been through this before. I hope you have 10 years in, othrwise, look forward to layoffs.

Have any other skills besides grabbing a steering wheel?

No skills what so ever, but I'm sure the messiah will have a breadline setup and waiting for me after he confiscates all those evil rich people's money.

brett636

The Lord helps those that help themselves.

I have a feeling you FAIL

Looks like we are in the same boat as you rely on your senority to get you through this. Once half of our country's business's either fail or move overseas due to Obama's tax plans and heavy "cap and trade" regulations on greenhouse gases I believe we will see each other in those breadlines. MMMmmmm gruel is sounding mighty good about now....

brett636

Nope, I'm a retiree, living the good life.

Then perhaps you need to start gearing up to go back to work soon. The stock market has already fallen nearly 10% since Obama was named President elect. At this rate you will have no pension to draw from.

Thanking the Dems for looking out for the ordinary, working man.

Lol, its funny you actually believe that. Tell me, how do you think the government will get all this money to pay for all the entitlements the messiah promised everyone?

av8torntn

Then perhaps you need to start gearing up to go back to work soon. The stock market has already fallen nearly 10% since Obama was named President elect. At this rate you will have no pension to draw from.
quote]

How much has the market declined since he first took the lead in the polls?

govols019

You smell that?
The stock market has already fallen nearly 10% since Obama was named President elect. At this rate you will have no pension to draw from.

Using that reasoning, the stock market decline before Nov. 4th is Bush's fault.

brett636

quote]

How much has the market declined since he first took the lead in the polls?

That I'm not sure of, but my 401k was only down 8% at the beginning of Oct., and was down close to 25% by the end of Oct. I just don't look at it anymore. lol

brett636

You will owe him your life and be thankful instead of arrogant!

Your absolutly right! After I get my bread I can head out to the wheat fields and work for only what I need to survive. From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs! Hooray for Communism!

passerby

Once again, for the slow learners, Bush is still the president, and his appointees are still running the country, and the financial markets.

It will take months, if not years, to undo his mess.

The last pop the market had was when it was obvious that Obama would win the election. Expect another pop when he names his finacial appointees.

Today's drop had more to do with a less than needed cut in the interest rates in Europe, and the looming unemployment in the USA.

brett636

Once again, for the slow learners, Bush is still the president, and his appointees are still running the country, and the financial markets.

It will take months, if not years, to undo his mess.

The last pop the market had was when it was obvious that Obama would win the election. Expect another pop when he names his finacial appointees.

Today's drop had more to do with a less than needed cut in the interest rates in Europe, and the looming unemployment in the USA.

I'm glad to read that you are such a financial expert in order to explain these complex situations to dumb people like us. Did you give President Bush credit for the financial markets when they were reaching record highs like they were in Oct. of 2007?

passerby

Lol, its funny you actually believe that. Tell me, how do you think the government will get all this money to pay for all the entitlements the messiah promised everyone?
No need to go back to work, and your understanding of economics is laking.

Does Obama have any control over the stock market? Are his appointees running the Treasury or the Fed?

The market did go up when the world realized he would be elected, but Bushco has plundered the markets and it will be a long, hard slough to a better day, but I believe that day is coming.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Tell me, how do you think the government will get all this money to pay for all the entitlements the messiah promised everyone?

Well he won't be able to borrow from China anymore, that's where today's bailout is coming from.
China owns us lock, stock, and several barrels.
And they are behind changing the world away from the dollar as being the most important currency out there.
So do you want your pension in Yen ?

tieguy

Banned
You will owe him your life and be thankful instead of arrogant!

It may be a good practice to actually wait until the messiah actually does something before you act grateful.

The markets reaction to the election is interesting and very unusual. The market usually shows a strong rebound after the election of a new president.

In this case it crashed.

Obamas top two support groups were the lawyers and the wall streeters. Yet the wall streeters appear to be in a panic sell as news of his election sunk in.

Odd occurance.

tieguy

Banned

For all you slow learners the most destructive congress in history is still in power and still destroying this economy.

The poor liberal congress is frantically looking for someone else to blame as they set new records in economic destruction.